Hotel recommendations?

Accommodation related topics.
Kenshiro

Hotel recommendations?

Post by Kenshiro »

Stayed at Voyagers recently in room 9 and whilst it was great value (€55) I cant handle that climb multiple times a day!
I'd happily take the 1st floor double room with the bath next time...but I'm wondering if anyone can suggest other similarly priced and standard of rooms (not dorms) that are quite central.

Skull_Kid1888

Re: Hotel recommendations?

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

The "Saloon" room at the Greenhouse effect is pretty good. Biggest room I've ever had in Amsterdam, fridge, a couple of rings, kettle and possibly a microwave. Massive coffee table and sofa, totally fine to smoke and just up one flight of stairs. It's pretty noisy until 1, perhaps 3 at weekends as it's just off warmondstraat. Also you get breakfast (cold meat, cheese, bread, cereal, fruit, coffee and juice) in their bar and it's a pretty cool for a wake n' bake. The staff are sound and the music was pretty good.

The last 2 times I have stayed it was e85 a night, so while not as cheap as Voyagers it's worth it IMO. Voyagers is generally my go to accomodation (or the Amsterdam village hotel if I fancy some peace and quite) and I tend to stay here when I end up in town for longer than expected. I would say that for e55 Voyagers is pretty hard to beat but that the e85 for Greenhouse effect is also pretty good value.
It's all about THC for me.
Devore

Post by Devore »

I love the Singel Hotel on the Singel. Its a really good location and the staff there are superb!

I got a great deal on Agoda for my week in August, just €275 for the whole week.
texasxsmoker

Post by texasxsmoker »

Before I booked a room at voyagers, I did see some decent prices for a private room at the bulldog hotel. I don't know if you are particular about the rooms, I think I saw them starting at 50 Euro a night for a double.
gorgemartin

Post by gorgemartin »

Hello,

How is it possible to stay in a hotel with small children? We are contemplating a last minute get together with the IL's halfway between our two homes, which would otherwise be too far for either of us to drive for just a day or two.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

gorgemartin wrote: Mon 9th Apr 2018 10:22 am Hello,

How is it possible to stay in a hotel with small children? We are contemplating a last minute get together with the IL's halfway between our two homes, which would otherwise be too far for either of us to drive for just a day or two.
It's easy - first you book, then you turn up.
Bingo.
Any further questions don't hesitate to ask :)
tinky

Post by tinky »

sNc wrote: Mon 24th Apr 2017 06:22 pm Stayed at Voyagers recently in room 9 and whilst it was great value (€55) I cant handle that climb multiple times a day!
I'd happily take the 1st floor double room with the bath next time...but I'm wondering if anyone can suggest other similarly priced and standard of rooms (not dorms) that are quite central.

Try Hotel Vijaya, not long had a refurb and so much better than when i first stayed in 2006. Might be a little more expensive than Voyagers but keep an eye out for any deals. I got Jan2018 3 nights in double room with breakfast for 220 euros

Non smoking rooms, but they do have a courtyard with tables chairs etc where you can smoke