Amsterdam Cribs

Accommodation related topics.
ftcarer

Re: Amsterdam Cribs

Post by ftcarer »

Crib Extreme XO is lovely (basement aprtment opposite Old Church)
just wish the price hadn't risen nearly E300 since our last stop there :( which pushed it out of the budget :( :lol:
(less on accom , more on smoke as always :mrgreen: :lol: & no prizes for guessing where I am staying :lol: :wink: )

Is roughly E300 a "normal" rise in price for an apartment :?: If I had booked it , it would have been roughly 2 years to the day :?

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
minus orange

Post by minus orange »

Just booked to stay here for my birthday in March, Crib Extreme x1 (the one in the pics on the first page of this thread).
Highly excited!
Anyone stayed in this recently? It states there's a couch in the living area, but the pictures on their site only show chairs?
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

check into this apartment on wedensday... will let you know
Amsterdam dreaming.............
papillondenuit

Post by papillondenuit »

Hahaha I'm checking in there tonight until Wednesday. :D
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

papillondenuit wrote:Hahaha I'm checking in there tonight until Wednesday. :D
Dont leave a mess lol enjoy
Purple

Post by Purple »

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, but I've never posted before. What an excellent forum, loads of friendly advice! :D

Anyway, I just thought I'd add my two cents re Amsterdam Cribs. I've stayed with them twice now, once last year in Crib Extreme 4, and more recently in the Crib Extreme 1 a couple of weeks ago. The guy who greets you is very friendly and offers advice on places to go, gives you a map etc. There is a selection of bongs, pipes, grinders etc, and even some left over weed and beers if you get lucky!

Awesome apartment - don't really know what else to say! Perfect in every way. There is a huge living area, much bigger than in Crib 4, and yes, there is a sofa which can fit 4 people on at a push (however beware, one end sinks badly as I found out when lumping my ass down on it)! There is also a couple of those 'pooof' thingys to put your feet up on/sit on, and also a dining table with 4 chairs.

Having 2 bathrooms and 2 showers was great, no queues in the morning! The kitchen is really good too, with a proper oven/hob, and even better - a dishwasher!! Note - the kitchen and bathrooms are down a few stairs. There is a bedroom on the main floor, and another up a few stairs.

Excellent location, can be a little noisy as it's bang in the middle of the RLD, but I think most of the noise was coming from the flat above who seemed to be partying 24/7! No problem though when stoned, you just pass out! :P

It's also a 10 second walk to FEBO too, should the late night munchies attack!

Have a great time, I can't wait to go back!
minus orange

Post by minus orange »

TwoCanucks wrote:check into this apartment on wedensday... will let you know
Thanks mate, hope you have a good one!
Purple wrote:Hi everyone. Long time lurker, but I've never posted before. What an excellent forum, loads of friendly advice! :D

Anyway, I just thought I'd add my two cents re Amsterdam Cribs. I've stayed with them twice now, once last year in Crib Extreme 4, and more recently in the Crib Extreme 1 a couple of weeks ago. The guy who greets you is very friendly and offers advice on places to go, gives you a map etc. There is a selection of bongs, pipes, grinders etc, and even some left over weed and beers if you get lucky!

Awesome apartment - don't really know what else to say! Perfect in every way. There is a huge living area, much bigger than in Crib 4, and yes, there is a sofa which can fit 4 people on at a push (however beware, one end sinks badly as I found out when lumping my ass down on it)! There is also a couple of those 'pooof' thingys to put your feet up on/sit on, and also a dining table with 4 chairs.

Having 2 bathrooms and 2 showers was great, no queues in the morning! The kitchen is really good too, with a proper oven/hob, and even better - a dishwasher!! Note - the kitchen and bathrooms are down a few stairs. There is a bedroom on the main floor, and another up a few stairs.

Excellent location, can be a little noisy as it's bang in the middle of the RLD, but I think most of the noise was coming from the flat above who seemed to be partying 24/7! No problem though when stoned, you just pass out! :P

Thank you Purple, very informative post.
April 2 can't come soon enough! :D
tbk420

Post by tbk420 »

-------------------------------
Last edited by tbk420 on Wed 24th Oct 2012 09:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

minus orange wrote:
TwoCanucks wrote:check into this apartment on wedensday... will let you know
Thanks mate, hope you have a good one!
Purple wrote:Hi everyone. Long time lurker, but I've never posted before. What an excellent forum, loads of friendly advice! :D

Thank you Purple, very informative post.
April 2 can't come soon enough! :D
nothing to really add,,, great apartment, get high, do stuff, enjoy... enjoying right now heh
SilverReaper90

Post by SilverReaper90 »

this place is excellent for smoking

just came back from Amsterdam having paid for the apartment via hostelworld

Pros
Able to cook food (saves cost)
fairly cheap (was around £50 per person)
can control heating to your liking
clean, comfortable (rocking chairs when your stoned :D )
RLD less then a minute walk
Voyagers 2 min walk :twisted: :twisted:
free papers, lighters, pipes and bongs

i dont think i have anything bad to say for this place]

this place is great location wise and in summer would be great (i was there feb 2012)
Anyone who goes will love it
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

someone asked earlier... there's a huge couch that could seat 4-6 people and 4 chairs with a table and a coffee table... very comfortable.
partytime

Post by partytime »

I have stayed at with Amsterdam cribs twice and April will be my third time. All i can say is these guys are great, the apartments have everything you need to make your stay comfortable. Eric( one of the guys that runs cribs) gave us some info on where to eat, what shops to avoid in general he some good advice.
The apartment felt like your own place.( made me wish it was) :D
uklad_in_ireland

Post by uklad_in_ireland »

Can I rent this place for a week by myself or is it just a group share thing?.
SilverReaper90

Post by SilverReaper90 »

uklad_in_ireland wrote:Can I rent this place for a week by myself or is it just a group share thing?.
it is possible and im sure they have a double room, well they did on hostel world
however by yourself it will be fairly exspensive
minus orange

Post by minus orange »

TwoCanucks wrote:someone asked earlier... there's a huge couch that could seat 4-6 people and 4 chairs with a table and a coffee table... very comfortable.
Thanks TwoCanucks, less than a fortnight til I check in now. Majorly excited!