Pete / Slimline

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

Pete / Slimline

Post by Lemming »

I received some distressing news recently. Pete aka Slimline says that he's been diagnosed with cancer again and sounds rather pessimistic about it. I'm sure you'll join me in wanting to encourage him to stay positive.

It seems rather selfish to discuss the practical implications of this for us as they are obviously trivial in comparison to Pete's health. Nevertheless, Pete isn't sure how much longer he'll want to keep the server going for.

It has to be said that the whole site has been declining over the past year or so. This might be due to the Weedpass and so on; it might be due to more positive developments such as legalisation in parts of the US or it might just be how the Internet as a whole is evolving (phone apps, Google Maps, social media and so on encroaching on the niches that sites like ACD once occupied).

In view of this the thought certainly does cross my mind to simply abandon the forum and leave the directory site frozen as an archive.

That's not a decision yet by any means, just a thought that occurs sometimes. It's not impossible to revive the forum on another server.

If we should suddenly go off air, please do keep in touch by email. Maybe I'll re-launch the forum as a Facebook page or something :wink:

But, more importantly, be strong Pete. Never give up. We're thinking of you.

matty223

Re: Pete / Slimline

Post by matty223 »

oh wow hope all goes well with slimline,,,

peace matty
Last edited by matty223 on Sat 22nd Nov 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Agreed; keep strong slimline
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

My best wishes are with you Pete. Keep on truckin man :D.
What a long strange trip it is.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Sad news indeed.... Best wishes, Pete!!!
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

All the best to you slimline.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Hey Pete/Slimline,
My thoughts and positive energies are yours.
Get well, but most importantly, be happy.
UR
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

I echo what the guys are saying, stay strong!
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Best wishes & positive thoughts to you from us Slimline :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

For what they are worth, here are my thoughts;

1. Best wishes to Slimline. Look after yourself. Your efforts on this site have been an enormous help to many a traveller to the Netherlands.
2. Flybynite's 'Who's in Town' will presumably be unaffected by this so we can set up a 420 meet up on that page (?) should the ACD forum suddenly vanish.
3. There is an ACD page of sorts on Facebook already but I still prefer this site.
4. I realise that it is dispiriting to remove/grey out all the shops on the ACD map that are to close by the end of next year but all is not over in Mokum yet. It would be nice if the site continued.

OB
Hang on to your head
treetop

Post by treetop »

Before all else Pete/Slimline, you have to stay strong. We need you to keep this server going. A lot of people are depending on you now. You can win this fight if you believe you can. I believe you can and so do a lot of people here.
Keep going mate. Do whatever it takes.
How much did you produce?
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

All positive thoughts directed toward Slimline!!!! His well-being is #1 concern!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

A most unfortunate occurance for Pete and all of us. I wish Pete the best possible outcome.
One thing he may want to consider is a trip to Colorado where the curing oil is readily available. There have been many instances ( without the benefit of a real study with documentation ) of cancers as late as stage 4 being reversed and cured. Google 'run from the cure' or 'Rick Simpson''for much more information.

As to the forum and it's viability, The CoffeeshopMenus / Whos In Town site of mine has plenty of room to host a forum should that become neccessary. It would require someone with knowledge of php or whatever forum software is used to supply a helping hand at least until it was up and running. At my age I am not wanting to learn the intricate inner workings of a forum but the day to day running and maintenance are usually pre written routines that I could easily learn.

Well, I have two days trip report to catch up on and several menus to post. I have posted a little food for thought on both points relating to ACD.

Pete, I wish you the best.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

I hope you will recover soon Slimline. Focus on getting better and never loose your hope. Be with family and good friends to cheer yourself up and enjoy every moment of life.
winnie

Post by winnie »

Best wishes Slimline.