Chat

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

Chat

Post by Lemming »

Chat is back!

Tech info:

The chat software is called 'mChat'. In the old forum, which was based on phpBB 3.0.8, this was a 'mod'. The new phpBB 3.1.6 uses 'extensions' rather than mods and there isn't a fully validated mChat extension yet. There is, however, a development version available for beta testing. That's what we have here.

As a beta version it is likely to have some bugs. Hopefully these won't be serious enough to break the whole forum and I can always uninstall it again if it causes trouble.

I've noticed two things so far:

1. The chat doesn't seem to be visible to guests, it only appears once you've logged in.

2. Graphics such as avatars and smilies don't appear until the whole page is refreshed. You can get around this by pressing F5 every time you see a new message appear.

If you have any solutions, additional problems or other comments, please post them here.

macky

Re: Chat

Post by macky »

Your doing great job Lemming :)
Papi

Post by Papi »

Personally, i think that it's even better that chat is not visible to guests.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Papi wrote:Personally, i think that it's even better that chat is not visible to guests.
Same thoughts here. I like it better that way. :)

Btw. chat works better when one clicks on the "Mini-Chat" link below the ACD logo. It makes the chat open in a new window and there's no need to refresh all the time. Smilies and avatars are visible right away.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Seems much better now. At least to me.
We're on the latest version of mChat. Still only beta but looking more solid.
Still only visible if you log in but, as some have said, that might be a good thing.