Microsoft Edge

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

Microsoft Edge

Post by Lemming »

I accidentally tried to open the forum with Microsoft Edge (their latest browser) earlier and found that it wouldn't load. :(

For the moment I have no idea what the problem is. If you have any suggestions please let me know. In the meantime I can tell you that it works fine with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera.

Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Microsoft Edge

Post by Lemming »

Still baffled by this one.
Have you got Edge? Does it work for you?
talkrum

Post by talkrum »

Works fine for me - no problems.
Thank you Lemming for all the work you are putting in keeping the forum running - it is very much appreciated.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

talkrum wrote:Works fine for me - no problems.
That's interesting, and encouraging. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe it's just me then.

I find that when I try to go to index.php it just throws me back to index.htm (the white page with a logo on it). I guess it must be a setting or something.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Somehow I'm not suprised that microsoft internet browser doesn't work properly;D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
mowie

Post by mowie »

Lemming wrote:
talkrum wrote:Works fine for me - no problems.
That's interesting, and encouraging. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe it's just me then.

I find that when I try to go to index.php it just throws me back to index.htm (the white page with a logo on it). I guess it must be a setting or something.
Just fired up a Windows 10 Virtual Machine with latest Edge browser: works like a charm, no problems at all.
Did you try to delete your browser cache? Have you tried reloading the page without caching? (Should be Ctrl-F5 instead of a "normal" reload with F5 alone)
I'm an IT professional working with webapplications and -servers a lot, if you need any advices oder help just PM.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

works fine on edge, but I also run high performance set up. love the new look, great job!
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks for the help everyone. It was just on my PC rather than universal, as I could see from the above posts, so thanks again.

I tried every kind of refresh and reload but it kept bouncing me back to the index.htm.
In the end I looked in [Inspect Element] then went to [Network] tab. I noticed events reporting 'permanently relocated' or somesuch with an error number.
Eventually found that [Always refresh from server] cleared it.

It seems to work fine now.
I guess something was stuck in a cache somewhere.
A bit odd though.