FAQs

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Lemming
Site Admin

FAQs

Post by Lemming »

After well over a decade this forum has built up into an extraordinary resource. I don't know whether you realise just how useful people find the material you post here. If not then I can tell you that countless Google queries are answered by you.

With that in mind it I think it would be really cool if the FAQ section really did have the answers to questions that people frequently ask. I wonder whether you might like to help me to build up that section?

Maybe we could start with some suggestions of subject areas that should be covered. We could then try to compose some good topic titles and build up some good answers. I know from your posts elsewhere on the forum that you can write clear and incisive articles on many subjects.

As a kick start, from emails I get and Google statistics some of the questions asked include:

> moonrocks (you wouldn't believe how often this comes up!)
> coffeeshops close to Schiphol airport
> weedpass
> tobacco in coffeeshops
> coffee shop jobs
> wifi in coffeeshops
> using credit cards in shops
> shops that open early, shops that close late
> where to find CBD
> dabbing in Amsterdam
> coffeeshops with vaporizers, bongs, grinders, etc.
> making hash joints
> how to post cannabis
> buying weed online

I know there are posts about many of these subjects already but it might be nice to consolidate them into one place, maybe with links to existing posts.

What do you think?

notsofasteddie

Re: FAQs

Post by notsofasteddie »

FAQs are dangerous; Facts change! Whose going to handle the maintenance?

Also I think that it will diminish accessing the other parts of the website. If my question about moonrocks ( a temporary phenomenon) is answered, why bother with Travelogues not to mention Other Amsterdam or USA?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I see Eddies point regards maintenance but I also see the value in an FAQ post or page. Somewhere to point new posters to that are asking similar questions. I think it could be really useful - fora are great resources if you have the time to digest them. Some 'quick-win' facts could be a nice addition to the user experience.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

The problem with FAQs is that people who don't search the site to see if their question has been covered are not likely to read these either. But it might cut the emails a bit.

I'm surprised that Lemming isn't getting the two questions I see most on FB – what's the best coffeeshop, and what's the best hotel. I'm continually astonished at the number of people who assume that everyone has the same tastes as they do.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

The idea is good in many respects IOHO, not least of all that the forum does tend to get pretty messy even in the more structured areas. That this seems more or less directly correlated with the activity on the forum would probably mean that many other attempts at fixing this would likely also stifle activity a bit makes FAQ’s an even better idea.

There are however also a lot of challenges, as pointed out by previous posters. Maybe some of these could be addressed by having editors for the specific FAQ’s responsible for collecting and editing material from forum members, but not necessarily responsible for generating content for the FAQ. Such an approach may, off course, also have its challenges and pit falls…
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

People asking questions generally initiates an exchange between members rather more than " I refer you to the previous answer I gave in FAQs," we often get a bit of humour thrown in this being the ACD Forum rather than the rather dubious Face book page of the same name. Something wrong there too as I'm pretty sure they have monetised the FB page.

How you cope with an inbox full of one question PMs I'm not sure. Perhaps an automated reply suggesting they engage with the forum, or try Google or facebook :roll:

Ex member Boner seems to have migrated the identity to FB but has now left that group so it is in unknown hands. One slightly redeeming feature is that they have become a bit less of an arse licking clique for the 1e hulp, Larby, moonrock fankids. I've actually seen a few somewhat less than enthusiastic posts about the place lately that haven't been swiftly removed and their authors equally swiftly banished.

Did I say what a great place this is? Here's to the next 12 years guys. Puff and puff and pass and exhale, slowly. :D
What a long strange trip it is.