My first grow - journal w/ pics

Including growing tips and questions.
Kermit

Re: My first grow - journal w/ pics

Post by Kermit »

ZBeebs wrote:
Kermit wrote:Bho baby, thats how i feel most mornings :lol: also looks like a bit of water got into your oil, what butane did you use?
I used Vector 5x refined. Why do you think I got water in it?

The bho goes an off white colour when water gets in, yours has small amounts around the edges. I asked about the Butane coz you get that from some butanes aswell so was interested in which one you used. As it was the vector i would guess that a small amount of water managed to sneak in from a different source. Wet leaf material is another cause aswell but hey smoke away its all good 8)

ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

I harvested another Vanilla Kush plant yesterday, at roughly 65 days flowering, the tallest one that I had bent over. The cola was getting really heavy and bending over even more now and I was afraid the plant would topple. Saw some amber trichs (guesstimate about 15% amber) and chopped it. 5 plants left to go... The tent isn't nearly so crowded now. By this time next week, I am pretty sure I will have harvested them all...It's been more than 9 weeks flowering so far... Here's some pics of that plant...

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Nice cola in pic #3. What gets me is how much it will shrink during the drying/curing process. Weigh/measure it now and compare it to it's cured size. Simply amazing how much weight is water.
In the last pic there looks to be some very thick colas and some fat branch buds as well, very nice indeed.

If you have leaves that are necrotic (left most plant, left side of cola), cut it, dry it, and smoke it (highly recommend using a bong with flavored water). It's doing nothing but dying on the vine, and who knows what else. Just saying...

Dude, I'm tempted to request an audience with you to partake in your bountiful harvest. :lol:

Happy farming.
Cal X

Post by Cal X »

Wow, ZBeebs, you really pulled it off man, good work!
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

The Vanilla Kush in the pictures above is now in jars, total weight is just over 52 grams. There would have been quite a bit more, but I've had such a good time making concentrates lately, that anything that didn't look perfect landed in the trimmings. I have a large tupperware container full of buds and trim that will become bho. That cola above shrank considerably, I should have taken a picture but my guess would be half the size.

So now I have harvested approximately 124 grams after drying so far.

Yesterday, I decided that after 68 days, it was time to harvest the rocklock. This plant seems like it will have a good yield and some of the tightest, densest buds I've harvested so far. Here's some pics before I chopped it down.

I still had a container full of trim/buds from the two runt vanilla kush plants, I got to work on that today, made some more bho...

Boner

Post by Boner »

You've done a really good job, congrats.

I'm not sure about the little bubbles in your bho though, maybe needs purging a little more?
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Today, at day 69 (I think?) I harvested the Pineapple Express. This plant stayed short and compact the whole time. When other plants were stretching because I had the wrong bulb in at the start of flowering, this one wasn't affected. It took all the nutes I threw at it with no problems, and has been one of the nicest looking plants in the tent.

When cutting the branches, I was surprised by how heavy they were for their size. I don't think it's water weight, as this plant hasn't been watered in a while. Really heavy buds on this one, there is no "popcorn", even the buds at the bottom on the lower branches are dense, tight nugs. Except for trim, I doubt there will be much for making bho from this one...the buds look too nice not to smoke...

One thing I find funny about pineapple express is a google search has lots of people calling it a bullshit strain, made-up because of some movie (which I didn't see so don't know what they're talking about) but it seems to be a solid plant...lots of heavy dense buds in a small plant, what else could you want? I think I'm going to be pleasantly surprised by the dry weight of this one...more than I expected...Hope it smokes well...Here's the pics before harvest...

So I've got about 124 grams in jars, two plants drying, and three more in the tent...I think I might harvest another vanilla kush tonight and the other two tomorrow...There's no more putting the weekend away off any longer, we're going this friday night, coming back sunday night...I want them dry and in jars by then, so they'll be sealed up 48 hours without being opened...should be fine...
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Awesome looking plants, congratulations on pulling multiple rabbits out of the hat. :lol:
Sounds like you will have a nice harvest, yield wise. You could eclipse 300gms, 8)
As for leaving them for 48 hours, um, I dunno. Leaving the containers unopened for this length of time at the very beginning of curing could cause problems - mold. The next time you put bud in glass, and the first time you open the container, put your face as close as possible while opening. The amount of moisture that you will feel may surprise you. I'm not an alarmist, no panic at the disco, and all that shitte, just food for thought.

I'm available to "bud" sit if needed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy farming.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

I have a feeling you're on the opposite side of the world...but thanks for the offer...

The tent is dark, everything unplugged for the first time in more than 4 months. I harvested the last three tonight, so they will be dry and in jars for at least a day or two by Friday. It's a little sad, having that part of the job completed, but this time next week I'll begin the process of germinating some seeds...

Here's the pics of the last three plants, this is Vanilla Kush...

And the last Vanilla Kush...

And finally, Exile (this one was burned early on...)

Cal X

Post by Cal X »

The Exile looks like a good yielder, ZBeebs. It's a good thing that you kept it going after the burning. Great results over all, man!
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

I'm in Germany, so that puts you either in Hawaii or the left coast of the US. :lol:

Your girls are looking very lovely, even the burnt Exile. So what if she ain't the purdiest, she'll put out when ready, won't she? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Something caught my eye when I compared the VK's - why is one so VERY purple? After going here, http://www.barneysfarm.com/seeds/index. ... il&lang=en my question is "Who's the daddy? :shock: :oops: :lol:

Happy farming.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Great job dude definately an advert for HPS growing :wink: :idea:
-
CannaSir

Post by CannaSir »

whole...thread...SAVED! No way I was going to risk losing this INVALUABLE step-by-step info. Truly inspiring and I will be consulting it frequently very soon..! THANK YOU zbeebs and all the fonts of grow-wisdom that have contributed! :D
SkinAnother

Post by SkinAnother »

I hope you will be doing the same for your second grow! I look forward to reading this thread when I get home from work every day! :D
A Weekend Wasted Is Not A Wasted Weekend.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Great pics and a very nice first grow. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.