Recommend good seedbanks !!!

Including growing tips and questions.
danny211204

Re: Recommend good seedbanks !!!

Post by danny211204 »

you should try attitude seed bank , google it . it has all different seed companys. they mail all round the world

Quazer

Post by Quazer »

ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

how many seed banks / shops on attitude :roll: this months offer sucks aswell :evil:

also https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/r ... t_152.html

never knew roor were doing seeds
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Trad

Post by Trad »

I have found that Nirvanna are good. Prompt delivery at a reasonable price for a fair product.
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

sanniesseeds
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
treetop

Post by treetop »

ftcarer wrote:how many seed banks / shops on attitude :roll: this months offer sucks aswell :evil:

also https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/r ... t_152.html

never knew roor were doing seeds
The lucky 7 promotion was good earlier this year. Has not been a good one since. Might be at least a yearly thing hopefully.

The tin you can get them to send is quite good to keep them in. Especially if you get too many like me!
How much did you produce?
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Trad wrote:I have found that Nirvanna are good. Prompt delivery at a reasonable price for a fair product.
I haven't!! 0-10 cracks on first batch (NL fem) and 1 out of 10 on second try (ak48)

Hence why I'm reading this thread to see who's best with you guys
Off to check out attitude, serious and maybe barneys farm
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Dutch Passion fem. 100% success rate (various strains), all strong healthy plants.
Barneys (LSD only). Mixed/poor results, all germinated.
Greenhouse (Jack Herer only). Decent plants, though some seeds are non-starters.
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

In general, seed banks are the distributors, and breeders are the ones who make the seeds.

Non-germing seeds can be due to the breeder's work, or the seedbanks' lack of proper cool, dry storage.

I can vouch for Seed Boutique's proper storage. I received a 10-pack of long-out-of-print (~2005) Johnny Blaze (Nevs Orig Haze x Blueberry) this past summer and got nearly 100% germination.
https://www.seedboutique.com/catalog/pr ... cts_id=977
Their freebies rock too.

I usually price shop between Attitude and Seed Boutique. And sometimes I order direct from the breeders (Ace, Cannabiogen) if they have something the banks don't. Attitude has credit card convenience, Bou' doesn't mail your order until they receive your payment.

enjoy 8)
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

In my search for the oldest California/West coast seed bank (still TBD) I came across this article listing what seems to be an unbiased list IMO, only because everything listed was mentioned in this thread. So, take with grain of salt.

So if anyone knows oldest Cali/west coast seed banks please share. My thought being good marketing comes and goes, but quality seeds stick around. Some may argue the validity of buying from older seed banks VS new up-and-comers, but I'd rather trust a tried, and true market.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Hazy Neville

Post by Hazy Neville »

Dutch Passion..Feminised seed pioneers and all round good guys.. :mrgreen:
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

Hazy Neville wrote:Dutch Passion..Feminised seed pioneers and all round good guys.. :mrgreen:
I'm growing some Dutch passion Dark Delight and Blue Velvet in a screen of green method, Im in week four of veg and have a full canopy with exceptionally vigorous plants with perfect internode spacing, don't know how they are going to kick on when in flower but I'm very impressed so far. Also on uk420 Dutch passion have a member called dutch passion tony who will help out with any problems relating to their genetics.
I must say that the og 18 and kosher kush I grew out from reserva privarda were all absolute beasts, with out doubt the best I have ever smoked.
I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Smokey McPot wrote:
Trad wrote:I have found that Nirvanna are good. Prompt delivery at a reasonable price for a fair product.
I haven't!! 0-10 cracks on first batch (NL fem) and 1 out of 10 on second try (ak48)

Hence why I'm reading this thread to see who's best with you guys
Off to check out attitude, serious and maybe barneys farm
1 of 10?.... I would try again..all mine split ,2 times now...ak48 is the crusher....nivana rules baby
rockin into the night
toker31

Post by toker31 »

ALWAYS had 100% Delivery with attitude. (North America) I don't remember the first time I used them but have been hobbying for over a decade.

ALWAYS been happy with my orders as far as feeling I was actually getting what I paid for regardless of the price.

Surely I had a bean not sprout here or there, as well as a crazy lady who seemed to have been a stray. But who is to say if this is operator error, middle man, production, etc..?

Sometimes they have some amazing UFOs. I am always a fan of free genetics.

It may also be worth noting that I ALWAYS order my genetics IN THE ORIGINAL BREEDERS PACKET.

... just my 2 cents :mrgreen:
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Through years of self indulging as well as a keen and constant interaction with "the community" during quieter moments I feel that:

1. White Label seeds are probably the most reliable I have ever used / seen. Don't bother with femanised just pick your strain and away you go. Consistently high germination rates and productive results. The bubblegum and master / hindu kush genetics in particular are probably the best value for money. Always the 1st place and strains I recommend for new growers.

As a side story I was once shopping in one of the Sensi seed shops in Dam and shared a couple of joints with one of the worker /growers there. He could not stop raving about the White label genetics.

2. From my experience Royal Queen are fine. I gave a friend my only Shining Silver Haze which not only germinated but has gone on to create it's own legacy through our area. I absolutely love when this comes back around and happily accept all that I get given as a thank you :) .

Another side note. When doing one of the rounds with this strain an accident happened whereby there was some crossing with a Barneys Farm LSD plant. The result? Probably in my top 3 strongest smokes of all time. I smoke my joints pure averaging out at about 0.8g -1.2g a J and this stuff absolutely sat me down. Literally 5-6 tokes then you could put it down. Unbelievable.

3. After my own efforts and trying to help and guide many new growers as to how to try approach growing I have come to a conclusion. I by no means feel that I am 100% right, however, my experience is thus:

Thinking of starting your 1st grow? Seriously consider starting with cuttings. Some of the work is done for you. You can buy however many plants you would like to begin with rather than germinating a group of 10 seeds only to find you don't have enough or have to many. You (should) know exactly what you're getting and you should also have someone you can communicate with about growing methods and what to expect etc. You get the bonus of having a lot shorter wait between investment and reward which, prior to that glorious day when flowering is finished, will give you enough time and confidence to then pick some seeds that suit you and have them ready for your second go around the block.

The above is obviously endorsed on the basis that you can acquire cuttings through a safe source. Asking a mate who will in turn ask a mate is risky business in my opinion. The less people that know you're growing the better. I have heard some very unfortunate stories founded upon dealing with unsavory characters.

Happy growing :)