any DWC growers??

Including growing tips and questions.
ftcarer

Re: any DWC growers??

Post by ftcarer »

hey mate check out his starting over thread here , the ladies are looking great

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 4&start=15

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

ftcarer wrote:hey mate check out his starting over thread here , the ladies are looking great

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 4&start=15
What he said. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

DWC Very interesting to me for 3 reasons:

1. The roots look amazing. :shock: :shock: :shock:
2. With all proper tools for the job, it appears fairly straightforward.
3. The roots look amazing!! :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thought I would add a few videos for group discussion:

Clones - Side by Side Rockwool/Ebb & Flow VS. DWC

"Intro" Style video. Claims to only need to change reservoir once a week?

All the DWC growers here using simple closed reservoir not complex circulating system correct? AzLaker? Sam? Any others?

Thoughts? Comments?
Shells sink. Dreams float.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

For me, that would be a Yes. His set-up pretty much mirrors mine. Only do a couple things different.....First, I have extra buckets already cleaned and ready to go, so after inspecting the plant, I move them right over to a bucket already filled with fresh nutes. I clean all the buckets after I'm done with all the ladies. Second, I always adjust my Ph AFTER all nutes are mixed together, not before. Last but not least, I change my buckets every 10 to 14 days, not every week.... and it works for me. With DWC, that's what you'll get, big happy plants and a butt load of roots, if you take the time.

AzLaker
8)
sam

Post by sam »

AzLaker wrote:For me, that would be a Yes. His set-up pretty much mirrors mine. Only do a couple things different.....First, I have extra buckets already cleaned and ready to go, so after inspecting the plant, I move them right over to a bucket already filled with fresh nutes. I clean all the buckets after I'm done with all the ladies. Second, I always adjust my Ph AFTER all nutes are mixed together, not before. Last but not least, I change my buckets every 10 to 14 days, not every week.... and it works for me. With DWC, that's what you'll get, big happy plants and a butt load of roots, if you take the time.

AzLaker
8)
What is your ph and ec readings with your new solution and what is it in the old solution when you change it out?
When I done a simular method to yours I had no clue about either, just measured out fertilizer and hoped for the best. LOL
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

I try to keep Ph around 6.0 for DWC.....the EC, I don't worry about. Plants seem to like the Ph anywhere from 5.6 to 6.5 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
sam

Post by sam »

AzLaker wrote:I try to keep Ph around 6.0 for DWC.....the EC, I don't worry about. Plants seem to like the Ph anywhere from 5.6 to 6.5 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
I understand hydro now, unlike when I done a system like yours 20 yrs ago. I was more asking about how much fert(ec) they are using and if the ph changed. Have been using grow bags with perlite, same as tomatoes in my greehouse with amazing results. Was thinking about using 6" pipe with 6" net pots with a reservoir and just wanted to have a little clue about fert. uptake before I start.
treetop

Post by treetop »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
How much did you produce?