Its too humid in here!

Including growing tips and questions.
gettingrimey

Its too humid in here!

Post by gettingrimey »

I'm in day 10 of flower on my first grow of Kosher kush, OG18, Cheesey Dick and MK Ultra and its all going to plan except my Humidity is too high for my liking, at over 75%. The plants were probably over veged end are now monsters but, I feel that at these levels of humidity I'm going to run into problems soon. Now is this going to be a problem, or is it just me worrying too much and if it is a problem whats the best remedy, bearing in mind the grow is in a cellar with a dehumidifier running 24/7 and my exhaust is only 4 inches. Any advice would be well appreciated.

I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
Bob2

Re: Its too humid in here!

Post by Bob2 »

hopefully the dehumidifier is a good one the £30-£50 ones here suck. spent £110 on ebay one worked a treat a couple of winters ago from 68% down to 38%.. never used it with light on, and when watering dont go mental, is the out take fan bigger than intake fan? and not sure but would sand help anyone?.. hope you sort it mate 75% is too high.. shame they wont be ready for xmas
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

I'm using a passive intake as when used an inline fan it was too powerful for my extraction fan and ended up stinking the whole of the house out as the positive air pressure inside the tent had nowhere to go except the holes in the zips. Do you recommend going for a bigger extraction fan maybe a 5 or six inch and if so could i get away with keeping the same carbon filter and using a reducer.
Thanks for the advice.
davehaze

Post by davehaze »

What volume is your grow area? You should be exchanging the air 3 times a minute. If humidity is too high then you need to move more air.
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

Its one by one by 2 meters high.
davehaze

Post by davehaze »

I would go up to a 5 inch fan personally, the high powered rucks are good.
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

you've gotta get a larger extraction fan,6" at least and get a fan in there,or you're gonna get mould,for sure...they like high humidity whilst in veg mode,but now neeed to get to below 50 pc
"That cats something i can't explain"
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

Thanks for the help everyone, Iv ordered a six incher of ebay with a varible speed controller, can'y afford the sic inch carbon filter so iv gone for a 4 to six inch reducer. Do you think that will be okay?
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

No.. what rvk you getting? id ask for money this Xmas from family.never stop getting kit and for me quality matters Especially when it comes to your filter mate.. even with this the Rh of cellar is still going to be rather high, see if you can borrow another dehumidifier (you'll notice the difference when you use a good one).. also get yourself a good grow book for Xmas. and have a good one
sam

Post by sam »

Why are you trying to move more air when the problem is the air you are sucking in from the basement is to humid to begin with? And no using a reducer is just going to reduce the air flow and negate the bigger fan. Also the inch size of a fan means nothing, you need to know the fans CFM(cubic feet per minute) it is the only thing that realy matters. Also placement of exaust fan(s) and air intake vents are very important for proper air flow, if they are right you do not need extra fans inside the grow area. Because of static pressure you need an exaust fan that is 3X the CFM as you have CF(cubic feet). I suggest get a better dehumidifier or move the grow. I hope this helps.
davehaze

Post by davehaze »

I would go for one of the high powered ruck fans and in your space a 5" fan is ample.

I used to run a 4" fan in an identical space and would occasionally get mould on large colas but never lost much yield.

Also make sure you water when lights come on.

And make sure you are pulling through your filter. filter>reducer>fan>ducting to exhaust.

Where are you ducting the exhausted air to?
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

Iv messed up with the set up a lot yesterday Dave, which included having to completely rewire my new fan as the courier basically dropped it while unloading the box from the fan and things have started to improve. With the two reducers the whole set up is massive and was an utter bitch to install by myself but now I have a 6'' fan pulling through a 4'' carbon filter and my original shittty TT 4'' fan is now pumping fresh air into the tent. Also my Budbox has a mesh side panel which can be exposed so my dehumidifier is now butted up to the side of it and drawing some of the moist air out of the tent, I would have it inside the budbox but its a very large unit and kicks out a fuckload of heat, so not ideal. The main issue is the ambient RH in the cellar which ranges from 50 to 60 percent depending on how long iv had the tent open for. I have tried to rectify this by venting out through an air brick instead of just out into the room. The plants are on a wet dry cycle and typically get one and a half liters every other day so there are huge peaks and troughs in the RH, ranging from 80 :shock: to 60 :cry: on the old setup, Hopefully the new setup will improve that a little. I have two oscillating blowing on the canopy, but I'm considering getting one in the cellar to aid air circulation as its not damp at all as its a new house and only a semi basement but there is no mechanical air extraction.
By the way all the plants are in amazing health except for the Kosher Kush, which is no way near as vigorous and needs a lot more water than the rest. After Christmas I will try and post some pictures as a grow diary it week two today so all being good the fuckers should be chopped before valentines day. Loving the Canna nutrients and soil, makes growing piss easy.
davehaze

Post by davehaze »

Well if the plants are healthy then I wouldn't worry too much.

What strains are you growing?

The denser the buds the more chance of mould.

One way to check for budrot is to hold a leaf sticking out a bud and tug it slowly, if theres rot it will come off with no resistence.
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

I'm growing Cheesey Dick from Big Buddha, Mk Ultra from Thseeds and OG18 and Kosher Kush from Reserva Privada, its not too concerning at the moment as its only week two, but I need to get on top of it soon.
davehaze

Post by davehaze »

I don't think you have anything to worry about now you've upgraded your fan. just keep a close eye on them.