Noob question

Including growing tips and questions.
Bas

Noob question

Post by Bas »

So, i've finally had it with having to smoke the same old crappy commercial indica crap at extortionate prices (1.5g costs £20 -_-)

So im gonna try a grow indoors, a friend of mine has been telling me to buy a grow box, is this the best bet for a beginner?

The thing is as well, i want to grow a sativa or sativia dominant hybrid but don't know if a grow box would support this? And i can i get the kind of strain i want in the autoflower variety?

I've been thinking something like Mango Haze, or another nice tasting sativa/cross, but no idea which would be easiest for me to do?

Thanks and sorry for the noob questions

One Spliff a day keeps the evil away..
FlyByNite

Re: Noob question

Post by FlyByNite »

Kind Green Buds has good grow info.

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/homegrown.html

I like their strain library for reference.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
treetop

Post by treetop »

Bas wrote:So, i've finally had it with having to smoke the same old crappy commercial indica crap at extortionate prices (1.5g costs £20 -_-)

So im gonna try a grow indoors, a friend of mine has been telling me to buy a grow box, is this the best bet for a beginner?

The thing is as well, i want to grow a sativa or sativia dominant hybrid but don't know if a grow box would support this? And i can i get the kind of strain i want in the autoflower variety?

I've been thinking something like Mango Haze, or another nice tasting sativa/cross, but no idea which would be easiest for me to do?

By box do you mean tent? If so a tent is a good idea as they make things so easy. Always a good thing if you are getting started.
As far as strains go you could look here....

http://www.leafly.com/

There is another site which may be better than the above but I forget it's name. I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to help...
How much did you produce?
Bas

Post by Bas »

treetop wrote:
Bas wrote:So, i've finally had it with having to smoke the same old crappy commercial indica crap at extortionate prices (1.5g costs £20 -_-)

By box do you mean tent? If so a tent is a good idea as they make things so easy. Always a good thing if you are getting started.
As far as strains go you could look here....

http://www.leafly.com/

There is another site which may be better than the above but I forget it's name. I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to help...
Thanks for the strain website. I've looked at tents, but i need it to be quite stealthy, also these stealth box/tents look quite small, but i've read plants can grow up to 4ft? I really don't know anything at this stage
Bas

Post by Bas »

So i've been looking and i've decided as a noob, an autoflowering strain that is mostly sativa is what i want. I've come across this http://www.seedbankreview.com/kannabia- ... i-fantasy/ thai fantasy. Anyone experienced this? I need a fairly well hidden and compact set up
stints

Post by stints »

hey there ...

first lets get to youre grow medium

i would suggest a homebox or simular they come in alot of diffrent sizes you just need to find one that suits you and youre needs...
for the vegging phase you need a metal halide lamp and for flowering phase a high pressure sodium lamb ...i would say 400 watt or 600 watt..
also you need a movement or intake fan a filter and outtake fan...(the fans make noise )
than you need to decide if you want to grow in soil,hydro,waterfarm etc etc...
the link you posted to that strain doesent work... anyhow you have to look at how long will they flower some sativas take a long time until they are done.
the height problem can be solved in several diffrent ways....
how much do you expect to get out of it yield wise?
dont forget to add 7 to 10 days of drying and a good 21 days for curing after harvest...
look at the stuff at this site http://www.homebox-shop.de/

a complete new decent set up would go around 1000 euro id say that includes the tent fans lamps reflector filter grow pots nutrients etc...
than depending on what strain you grow the first thing smokeable will be 4 to 6 month after you drop the seeds....

maybe start right here http://books.google.de/books/about/Indo ... edir_esc=y buy that book or something simular and read to get a clue about some things :)

hope this helps!
Hazy Neville

Post by Hazy Neville »

You want an autoflowering sativa look no further than Dutch Passion Think Different with up to 20% THC what more do you need.. as a new grower, this is a real easy strain to grow yeilds are big i've yet to get under 100g a plant and had nearer 200g on the last run..and before anyone shouts BULLSHIT it's all documented. if your in the UK go for Plagron Light Soil.. BioBizz Fish Mix for Veg and their Bloom nutes.. A 600 w HPS can be used from day 1 and put your seeds in a glass of water for 24hrs then put into Root Riots in their final pot minimum 6.5L but 15L pots will give you a much bigger yeild..sit back and watch the grass grow..simples.. :mrgreen:
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

If you need to stay stealthy a framed tent is good idea. The tent will help secure the smell, and make venting out the stench to wherever safe you have in mind. Plants can get tall, but autos are generally shorter. I think it's possible to tie down branches to help crate a Cannope and get light to more areas all at same time :?: :mrgreen:
Shells sink. Dreams float.
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

Get yourself on uk420.com mate as they have so many excellent and clear grow diary s. I would personally recommend growing in soil for your first grow as it is a very forgiving and easy medium. I used the complete Canna range from their soil or Bio terra as its now to their nute range which comes with a chart telling you how much nutes you need to use for the plants life cycle.
Your going to need a Light, I went with a 400w hps with a dutch barn reflector and the right ballast to go with it.
A fan, carbon filter (this is a must) plus all the fittings to go with it. at the time of buying it this may seem like something you can economize on, resist the temptation and get the best that you can afford, or you potentially run into problems further along in the grow.
Your going to need your grow tent, and it is very important to check your dimensions of your room before buying it, I went for a 1x1x2m budbox.
you are also going to need clip on fans for air circulation in the tent, a timer contactor, a digital thermometer, hygrometer as well as your nutes medium and pots.
Its really important to read up as much as possible before starting, because tings like potting up and the wet dry cycle will make a huge difference to your grow.
I would advise you to get yourself down to your local grow shop and ask them to make you up a kit, you cant go in there though and say your growing ganja or they will kick you out.
It is really easy to grow excellent quality ganja all it takes is a little research and top quality genetics, again buying cheap shit seeds is a false economy, so I would recommend reading some grow diaries and seeing what you think you would like.
Also don't be fooled into thinking that an indica you will grow will be bland and couchlock, I will guarantee if do well it will piss over anything that you have ever smoked.
I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7