Grow tents

Including growing tips and questions.
Kev kirk

Grow tents

Post by Kev kirk »

Hi was wondering if any of you guys out there have used grow tents before I am going to try a crop for the first time and was looking at buying a tent grow kit but a guy told me the ain't that good as they don't generate enough heat

steveierfc1872

Re: Grow tents

Post by steveierfc1872 »

Kev kirk wrote:Hi was wondering if any of you guys out there have used grow tents before I am going to try a crop for the first time and was looking at buying a tent grow kit but a guy told me the ain't that good as they don't generate enough heat

ive been using a grow tent for 2 years now not had any trouble with it at all
Colina

Post by Colina »

not enough heat? :roll:
Most growers have a problem with too much heat.

Are you in Alaska or Siberia?
HOLLAND
Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

High Kev kirk,
Plenty of information in our archives, not to mention icmag and rollitup, all with seemingly endless information pertaining to growing equipment. :idea:
Now that I got that out of the way, where to next, ah yes, tents that generate heat. :roll: :lol:
I own two tents, and I've been using tents for nearly seven years. I think I have some background to what I speak of, what experience does "a guy" have? Whatever...
Tents don't generate heat, they don't generate anything. That's right, a bit anal but accurate to the letter. :roll: :wink: :lol:
The only object in a grow tent that generates heat is the lamp, and if you use a CFL-type, it generates minimal heat, meaning high temps won't be an issue.
If you use a High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamp such as a Metal Halide (MH - Vegetation) or High Pressure Sodium (HPS - Flowering), the grow tent will become very warm/hot. In fact, without proper ventilation, the temperatures and humidity (an entirely different conversation) will raise to a level which will probably kill the plants, defo will have an effect on yield, as in low.
On the other end to the temperature spectrum, indoor plants shouldn't be exposed for any lengthy period of time to temperatures below 60F/15C. Why? Lengthy exposure to temps below 60F will affect the yield, if not kill the plants outright.
If you decide to read more, you will learn that the optimal temperatures for an indoor grow is 68-85F/20-30C, and the optimal Relative Humidity (RH) is between 45-60%.
These figures aren't set in stone, meaning that they should be used as a guide, let the plants tell you what they want "outside" these parameters.
Good luck and happy farming...
... :mrgreen:
canabliss

Post by canabliss »

steveierfc1872 wrote: ive been using a grow tent for 2 years now not had any trouble with it at all
Do you have any idea if there is somewhere where I can get a tent using bitcoins?

thanks
thompaw

Post by thompaw »

canabliss wrote:
steveierfc1872 wrote: ive been using a grow tent for 2 years now not had any trouble with it at all
Do you have any idea if there is somewhere where I can get a tent using bitcoins?

thanks
Perform a search using these words: hydroponic store bitcoin

I found press release detailing a store in Austin TX:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/get-bitco ... 913540.htm

Happy farming...
There must have been a door there in the wall when I came in.