Buying Grow Lamps in Amsterdam?

Including growing tips and questions.
Padge247

Buying Grow Lamps in Amsterdam?

Post by Padge247 »

So I want to by a CFL grow light (complete, bulb and ballast) around 125w or 250w just to try and grow some chilli seeds (yes seriously) that I got hold of. It's the wrong time of year to plant with sunlight, and regardless I am not sure they would get enough light exposure to generate the heat I am after. I have looked at some headshops in Dam with no luck. I found one place that would sell full grow tent kits, but not lights on there own. Any advice appreciated !

elasticband

Re: Buying Grow Lamps in Amsterdam?

Post by elasticband »

Goto bloomshop.nl in the noth, cheaper than the center. Can get a 150cfl for the same price the center charges for 100w, you can cyxle there easy enough with the free ferry

edit I have grown aeroponic chilies before under cfl, good fun and mase great x-mas present plants

alao mosr cfl lights dont need a external ballast like HPS lights do. if your space in not to big a cfl should generate enough heat.
Last edited by elasticband on Tue 15th Oct 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Cheers EB, I shall have a look at the website =D Got some White Habanero and Dorset Naga to grow =)

EDIT: So just checked and there is a bus from were I live that goes straight to the shop in Noord =)
treetop

Post by treetop »

Padge247 wrote:So I want to by a CFL grow light (complete, bulb and ballast) around 125w or 250w just to try and grow some chilli seeds (yes seriously) that I got hold of. It's the wrong time of year to plant with sunlight, and regardless I am not sure they would get enough light exposure to generate the heat I am after. I have looked at some headshops in Dam with no luck. I found one place that would sell full grow tent kits, but not lights on there own. Any advice appreciated !
gl
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 01:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How much did you produce?
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Thanks for the advice treetop ! I have been getting more into chillis over the past couple of years and my girlfriend bought me some seeds for my birthday with the idea of growing them out in Dam =)
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

I had great success growing several chillie plants in an "aeroponic" propigator type system but home made, just to let you know none of these cheap aeroponics systems offer the real misting effect an aeroponics system should offer, but they do the job.

http://www.growell.co.uk/aeroponic-propagators.html

simillar idea, with the roots hanging in air, no medium but generally i would call it a sprinkling over a misting.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
2stick

Post by 2stick »

Padge247 wrote:Thanks for the advice treetop ! I have been getting more into chillis over the past couple of years and my girlfriend bought me some seeds for my birthday with the idea of growing them out in Dam =)
If you're interested, I have been growing chilies for last 6 years and I have somewhat nice selection of them. I can send 'em via mail or we can meet up (planning a trip to Jan2014).

Down below is a list of seeds, if someone else wants some of them - NOT ALL OF THEM! Put a message here or PM me, I won't be sending them to many people, yes I am lazy F#ck :P Let's say the first three gets (couple sets of species) them no charge - I am here to collect my karma and be the nice guy. Of course, I hope that anyone who is asking for them, actually grows them and spreads the seeds even more. Give what you get.

Annuum and Baccatum are the easiest ones to start with. Chinenses seem to like more sunlight, so I consider them to be bit more difficult.. Then there is the Pubescens, that are indeed my favourite chilies - but (always has to be but..) they are the most demanding of chilies what I have.. They take long time even sprout a seedling and then grow and to flower and make fruit, even the fruits take shitloads of time to ripen..

Aaaaaaand then, Aji Fantasy and Aji Finlandia, they are something that is ONLY made here in Finland, they have been very skillfully crossed by unknown species and those are not for commercial growers! Home growing is ok, no worries there. The Aji Finlandia is not stable - so you can expect just about anything from it, keeping in mind that it will have distinct Baccatum flavour in it.

Want something easy and beautiful for windowsill? Bolivian Rainbow.. It won't taste good but it is one of the most beautiful chili plants there is.

Aji Benito (C. Baccatum)
Aji Cristal (C. Baccatum)
Aji Fantasy (C. Baccatum)
Aji Finlandia (C. Baccatum)
Bolivian Rainbow (C. Annuum)
Cayanne (C. Annuum)
Champion (C. Baccatum)
Chilaca (C. Annuum)
Goronong (C. Chinense)
Gum Drop (C. Baccatum)
Habanero (random habaneros, there is quite few different habs, ranging from caribbean hab to plain red and yellow hab)(C. Chinense)
Homera (C. Annuum)
Jalapeno (random, dont know their specific names ranges from mild to "holy shit this thing is on steroids" hot)(C. Annuum)
Jalapeno Gaucho (C. Annuum)
Lemon Drop (C. Baccatum)
Naga Morich (C. Chinense)
Rocoto (random, from rocoto rojo to canario) (C. Pubescens)
Starfish (C. Baccatum)
Thai Rawit (C. Annuum)

And lastly, the species I recommend for beginners, Aji Benito, Aji Cristal, Bolivian Rainbow, Lemon Drop and Starfish... Oh yes, if you are into extreme sports as in eating wayyy too hot chilies, get the Naga Morich. It's not the hottest in the world anymore - but half of it will bring a big bad ass man to his knees.
khushfehmi045

Post by khushfehmi045 »

A few tips on growing Chilli's they like the warm and the heat but not direct sunlight so much. They don't seem to like coconut based medium. In fact they seem to like sandy kind of crappy soil. Cow poo helps them and topping is essential, multiple topping produces the best results. Don't worry about getting a male as they hermie and produce eventually anyway. Just takes a bit longer...???

You can easily check out our high quality NS0-145 - pass4sure which prepares you well formcts pdf - braindumps.com testking. You can also get success in realciis.edu exam with the quality hodges and selftestengine.