My Balcony (failed)

Including growing tips and questions.
elasticband

Re: My Balcony (first time in soil or outdoors)

Post by elasticband »

Weedus wrote:I think its very risky to grow there.If i would be you i would let them on the balcony in their baby phase,and then put them outside somewhere.When you let them flower on that Balcony everyone will be able to smell it.
You know how dry Weed,which already lost most of his terpenes can smell,but flowers on the Plant smell alot more ;)

weedus, all i can say is you know nothing, it is allowed to grow on your balcony here in Netherlands. I know there are other balcony growers very close by. no big deal.

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
monster420

Post by monster420 »

:idea:
Last edited by monster420 on Wed 11th May 2016 09:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

monster420 wrote:springtails in your soil are a good sign , don't panic :mrgreen:
Can't say i say i noticed any springtails, I did battle with fungus gnats(common in spring), then aphids and thrips at the same time :twisted: Along with not the best light conditions the plants stretched to much to quickly, with the pests very little healthy new growth was forming so i ended up killing the 4 original plants.

The hermie plant is now dead after sprouting balls on it's main top.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
monster420

Post by monster420 »

:?
Last edited by monster420 on Wed 11th May 2016 09:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

monster420 wrote:
elasticband wrote:
monster420 wrote:springtails in your soil are a good sign , don't panic :mrgreen:
Can't say i say i noticed any springtails, I did battle with fungus gnats(common in spring), then aphids and thrips at the same time :twisted: Along with not the best light conditions the plants stretched to much to quickly, with the pests very little healthy new growth was forming so i ended up killing the 4 original plants.

The hermie plant is now dead after sprouting balls on it's main top.
I hope your indoor plants doing better :cry:

I think you are confused. plants were started indoors then put outside.
spidergawd

Re: My Balcony (failed)

Post by spidergawd »

Thats a real shame man.

At least you won't go dry in Amsterdam :roll:
What a long strange trip it is.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Amazing...it's very easy actually....any and all of those problems you've had were easy fixes..try again
rockin into the night
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

USBONGLORD wrote:Amazing...it's very easy actually....any and all of those problems you've had were easy fixes..try again
yes thrips and aphids were treated with conventional methods, mainly pyrethrum sprays and another 3 part combination offered in the local shop, the blight was never ending.

maybe next year :) I am busy now.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

I'm growing some tomato and pepper plants atm, and fungus gnats seem invincible !
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Padge247 wrote:I'm growing some tomato and pepper plants atm, and fungus gnats seem invincible !

Bottom feed and keep the top dry. If growing in pots use something to cover the soil round the stem of the plant.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Cheers for the advice, they are in pots, I shall try that =)