A new way to grow?

Including growing tips and questions.
gettingrimey

A new way to grow?

Post by gettingrimey »

Hey guys and gals.
Got a new grow on at the moment and have tried a completely different system, and I'm having some incredible results. I will post some photos of the setup next week, but thought I would give you a flavour of the system, which has come about by pure fluke.

I'm using air pots, canna terra soil and the this watering system http://www.autopot.co.uk/watering-systems/easy2go

the auto pots are placed on a 1m x 1m tray and take up the nutes through capillary action, the roots have gone absolutely Mental, the whole tray is completely full, its like NFT on crack.
I didn't anticipate the roots growing out of the pots to such an extent and initially made no provision for it, clay pebbles would have been ideal, or a cover of Mylar round the pots, but so far an air stone in the reservoir and the tray, the use of weak bleach in the feed has resulted in beautiful roots with zero plythiam.
The best thing about the system is the ease of maintenance, you only need to change the water every five to six days.
Controlling the ph is piss easy as the water is only replaced in the tray when it reaches a certain level unlike nft where the water PH constantly needs to be monitored and adjusted.
I'm in week 3 of flower and the plants are super healthy, massive, vigorous and showing absolutely no signs of deficiency.

Im using a combo of Canna and plant magic nutes all tried and tested. 600W digi ballast HPS. Massive fan and filter and my trusty 1x1 secret garden tent.

Its a very easy system, not sure id bother with soil next time, might go for rockwool cubes,, but Id like to the think the soil would give some protection against Plythium.

I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7