First grow ever!!

Including growing tips and questions.
treetop

Re: First grow ever!!

Post by treetop »

n/t
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 01:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

How much did you produce?
montana85

Post by montana85 »

@treetop, I hear u dude about the temps! I live in North Scotland and I've seen the sun about twice in my entire life! :mrgreen: On a serious note tho, I have my fan exhausted in to my loft space, my loft hatch is left open and plenty of fresh cold air being sucked in. It's not a resolve I know, but it helps. I probably will change lighting times if it gets too hot! They are on 24/7 right now (250 hps) and temps at pretty constant 27-28C. I am learning something new and reading more everyday. Thanks for advice. Will throw up some fresh pics this weekend. Have a good weekend man! :mrgreen:
"Excuse me while I light my spliff, good God I gotta take a lift!"
montana85

Post by montana85 »

Quick update. Today is 7 days since they popped above soil. Have only watered them once since initial soaking. Not planning on giving any nutes for at least another week unless they show signs of deficiency. Noticed earlier the leaves on 2 started to curl upwards ever so slightly, but I think light was a bit close? I've raised it a tad & aimed my fan between plants & light. Temps 28C, RH 57%. Also lights are still on 250w. Should I change to 400w yet?

All the widows are coming on great! However the free Amnesia seed is tiny! Looks like some fucked up genetics, I ain't sure exactly. Was planning giving it few more weeks but if it doesn't improve I might just bin it! What does anyone else think? Is it a waste of light the others could be getting?
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

I'd give the amnesia a little longer mate, as it's not really competing for space atm. Seeds iv popped with fucked genetics do look really messed up, one collapsed under its own weight. It might catch up size pretty soon. Don't switch to 400 till they're a bit bigger as your temps will rocket, and at this stage it's good to get the light as close as possible to minimise stretch. I will add that iv only grow autos outdoors, but same rules should apply with fems and autos indoors.
I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

montana85 wrote: All the widows are coming on great! However the free Amnesia seed is tiny! Looks like some fucked up genetics, I ain't sure exactly. Was planning giving it few more weeks but if it doesn't improve I might just bin it! What does anyone else think? Is it a waste of light the others could be getting?
Plants aren't machines, so they develop individually. There's no reason to bin a plant after a few days. You never know how they'll develop. No way to assume "fucked up genetics" at that stage and if you're a first-timer, be happy about any plant that survives. ;)
Regarding mutants/fucked up genetics: A friend of mine once had a plant that was the most fucked up genetic he ever saw. Extremely low yield, buds that looked poorer than "Dr. Grinspoon" popcorn buds, long flowering, strange grow patterns... There was no real need to bin it, so he let her grow. Turned out to be the most amazing, aphrodisiacal high one can imagine.

If you plan on running 400W on 4-5plants (which is a total waste for auto-flowers imho), there's no light issue
at all. You can run 1m²(9-12plants, depending on pot-size) on 400w.

PS: Be warned, you will run into extreme heat issues with 400W and 170cm height. Esp. when running beyond 12hrs/day which would be necessary for Autos.
montana85

Post by montana85 »

Day 23. Everything going great! All apart from the amnesia pre-flowered a few days ago, so gave them a light feed yesterday, 0.5ml per litre, maybe slightly less. Going to alternate feeds with plain water. 4 of the widows are short, bushy indica phenos, but 1 is def more sativa pheno! Much taller than the rest & not so bushy. Also done some light LSTing on a few of the branches, can't really see in the pic.

I've got 9 weeks exactly till I go to Amsterdamfor my 30th, but I'm hoping that's plenty time! Might not be dry if anything, I hope! Really don't want to harvest before they are done right! That's it for now. Peace! :mrgreen:
montana85

Post by montana85 »

Just wandered if anyone can help. A couple of the lowest fan leaves at the bottom of the plant are going yellow and a few have came off! On another site I have been told it's just because they are at the bottom & ain't getting enough light. Is this correct? I thought it could have been a nitrogen deficiency but I'm a total newbie! They are all starting to flower now but I'm still only giving grow nutes as recommended in a guide I'm following. Should I change to flower nutes now? Also this may sound silly, when I start bloom nutes do I stop giving grow nutes? The way the biobizz chart is set looks like in veg it gets grow nutes & in flower it gets grow, bloom & topmax nutes? Maybe I'm too stoned?! Anyone any advice for a noob?
macky

Post by macky »

After the buds set ,about two weeks start bud fertilizer.Looking at your pictures on the 18th you can change over.Only advice I have is less is best,don,t over water or fertilize. :mrgreen:
montana85

Post by montana85 »

Thanks macky! Done some fishing and seems some people change from grow to bloom and some use both! Been on RIU & been advised to use both and slowly decrease grow nutes? Here's a feeding guide I've copied from a regular auto grower.

Just don't want to mess anything up!
macky

Post by macky »

I think you my wont to flush more then one week with dirt,besides that chart looks fine,good luck
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

The bottom leaves always go yellow, you should consider removing the bottom branches to maximise your yield, as they only produce popcorn bud.
I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7