A Ph question

Including growing tips and questions.
Willjay

A Ph question

Post by Willjay »

I have used vinegar to lower the Ph of the water I use to water and fertilize my annual flowers
I only use two tablespoons per gallon

Am I hurting the plants is there any danger of a build up of salts in the soil?

www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Drugsbunny

Re: A Ph question

Post by Drugsbunny »

If you are using soil then no need to ph the water as the soil act as a natural buffer.
Db
Herb!
Take happiness with the heartache, go through life wearing a smile.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Drugsbunny wrote: Mon 4th Jun 2018 11:01 am If you are using soil then no need to ph the water as the soil act as a natural buffer.
Db

Depends on the varietal in question - Nasturtiums for example do better with a more acidic medium.
Our favourite lady Cannabis Indica (I'm told) tends to do ok in soil without adjustment.
Willjay wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 12:06 am I have used vinegar to lower the Ph of the water I use to water and fertilize my annual flowers

As far as I understand it you won't be in any danger of salt build-up unless you're using bottled nutrients.
In fact one technique some growers use is Vinegar and water to help get rid of salt build ups in Hydroponic systems.
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

Willjay wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 12:06 am I have used vinegar to lower the Ph of the water I use to water and fertilize my annual flowers

Nope!

Short answer: PH condition your soil and not your water, stop watering annuals unless you live in a drought zone, they will seek out their own water source if you let them harden up.

Long answer: PM with some more details about your garden and I will provide specifics (sorry currently busy running a smallholding nursery).

P.S You can grow excellent Quorn mushrooms in hydro buckets if you use vinegar as a PH controller :lol: :lol:
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Thanks DB, OHM and CM for your reply’s 8)

my soil is promix HP and everything is in pots I should of mentioned that maybe :o that’s why I fertilize with IONIC just trying to follow directions

They are a delicate flower but have late fall blooms worth the work :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
macky

Post by macky »

Annuals bought at a greenhouses are watered with fertilizer added through injector system .
The frets are not near full strength but are feed always ,use miracle grow 20,20,20 every third watering if there in hanging pots.
Planting’s in ground once a week ,ten days I like to hit all my plants day or two after a good flush rain.
Most problems are from acidic soil,the plant can not take up nukes,stay yellow.
Little horticulture lime will fix this ,where your cider shrubs ,trees love acidity add cider mulch your blue spruces and such to keep them happy ...I was married in a big commercial greenhouse :mrgreen:
Like everything in moderation is best
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

macky wrote: Mon 4th Jun 2018 09:38 pm Annuals bought at a greenhouses are watered with fertilizer added through injector system .
The frets are not near full strength but are feed always ,use miracle grow 20,20,20 every third watering if there in hanging pots.
Planting’s in ground once a week ,ten days I like to hit all my plants day or two after a good flush rain.
Most problems are from acidic soil,the plant can not take up nukes,stay yellow.
Little horticulture lime will fix this ,where your cider shrubs ,trees love acidity add cider mulch your blue spruces and such to keep them happy ...I was married in a big commercial greenhouse :mrgreen:
Like everything in moderation is best
Thanks macky
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org