No nutrients at all?

Including growing tips and questions.
Herbal Hunter

No nutrients at all?

Post by Herbal Hunter »

Greetings earthlings! I am planning a grow using an indoor grow tent, hps light, plants in soil, and i was wondering is it possible to use no nutrients at all and still get quality bud? Thanks for your time! :)

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

If your soil got a pre feed in that should last for about 4/5 weeks if in soil, then your gonna need some feed for the bloom period, i would reccomend using a feed as without it you may not get good results.
If your taking the time to grow then you want to grow the best smoke you can, as you have spent all that money and time setting up and the risks involved nowadays.Best results add a feed to the flowering period.
Switch your light off for 72hrs before going in to flower period, complete darkness then switch back on 12/12, should go into flower a little quicker.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
stew1974

Post by stew1974 »

/o
Last edited by stew1974 on Thu 7th May 2009 07:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stew1974

Post by stew1974 »

/o
Last edited by stew1974 on Thu 7th May 2009 07:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbal Hunter

Post by Herbal Hunter »

thankyou! Can u recommend any nutrients bearing in mind i want to stay chemical free? Ive heard about the bio bizz range but do u know what products i would need? :)
Herbal Hunter

Post by Herbal Hunter »

was replying to the 1st post at the same time u was writing stew, will read yours now 8)
Boner

Post by Boner »

Biobizz, Plagron, BAC are all the supposed bio/organic nutes, I use Plagron Batmix soil with Biobizz Grow, Bloom & Top Max, I just bought some BAC PK Booster as well but haven't used that yet.
Herbal Hunter

Post by Herbal Hunter »

thankyou! How do u feel about the difference in yield and quality when going down the organic route opposed to using chemical nutrients?
Boner

Post by Boner »

I feel that organic has a better taste, yield wise chem/hydro beats soil but I dont grow for yield, coco coir is another option to look into.
Herbal Hunter

Post by Herbal Hunter »

and what would u say about the effect nutrients have on potency? Thankyou :)
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

Herbal Hunter wrote:and what would u say about the effect nutrients have on potency? Thankyou :)
I always have the feeling that the commercial grown stuff (which typically is grown with nutrients) makes my head "full", I feel more sleepy than from our own stuff we have outdoor which is grown without....

have to agree with boner, bio-grown weed will always beat chem in taste/high and who cares about 5g more yield guys?
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

I've only always gone the full Organic... Like Boner, Its Biobizz...

I use the Biobizz allmix soil (should have sufficient feed fro a couple weeks, after which you have to add Grow feed)

Biobizz Bio-Grow after the second week of growth...

And Biobizz Bio-Bloom and Bio-Bizz TopMax during flower... (however I continue to feed Bio-Grow at 1ml per litre right up until flushing)

I've never switched the lights off for 72 hours during the transition from growth to bloom (didn't wanna overly stress my babies)

Growing from feminised seeds is pretty straight forward - but stressing the babies can force them to Hermie (transvestites yuck)

Growing from feminised varieties - I learnt this the hard way 4 years ago.

Always ensure you stick to a good flushing schedule (I mix de-ionised water with london tap water) some people add a little detergent into their flush water - but that subtracts from the Organics of the operation...

The flushing schedule should ensure a nice clean smooth toke, and wont leave you so hashed over the next day...

Hope this helps mate. 8)

ORGANIC is BEST (Chemical grows are a no no for me - chemicals stay in your system a lot longer, and are harsher on the throat and lungs IMO)
... as long as it aint a cheque ;)
Herbal Hunter

Post by Herbal Hunter »

nice 1! Yes very helpful im gonna be organic all the way, u wouldnt believe how fcuked up i must be from all the shitty rocky n sprayed bud ive consumed! I cannot wait! Ye makes sense bout chemicals n shit makin u feel groggy, must be very small percentage of the time ive actually smoked organic or even clean bud, its horrible to think! Nothin better than a nice clean hit is there! Jus a shame this world is based on greed aint it! :evil: Can u go over the flushin process mate if possible? Its appreciated! :D
echc1

Post by echc1 »

totally organic is best...water wise i use only rainwater but check it for ph....waterbutts ARE handy and if you have a compost bin(cheap thru local councils) you can make yer own compost so at least you know whats in it plus they're handy for getting rid of the left over material at the end of the grow....back to the water remember that hard water areas can cause nutrient lock out,this can be cured with a little epsom salts mixed in.....good luck........allotment holders are useful for tips(especially if they love organics)
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

Sure thing man...

Check the flowering time of your strain - if it flowers in 9 weeks, at the beginning of week 9 or at the end of week 8, you strat flushing - and you flush for a full 10 days to 2 weeks... This should take you up to a 10 week flower, but that is ok because in Organic - the extra week makes all the difference.

Flushing is real simple really... If your water is from a good source (i.e: spring water, tap water which has been filtered (allow to stand for 6 hours so all the chlorine evaporates off and the water adjusts to room temperatures), or rain water left out in the sun for a day - then really you don't have to add anything like detergent (I stay the hell away from detergents)...

If your water isn't as good quality, Like London water, then what I suggest is - you let it stand for 6 odd hours in the sun for the chlorine to evaporate - then you cut it 50/50 with De-Ionised water - This promotes a thing called Osmosis (the process by which the micro-menbranes in the roots open up for feeding) this helps the plants to eat up any existing feed whilst rifdding itself of toxins which'll make you gag.

OK - now for the part you really wanna know - the FLUSH...

This is the simple part - just feed your pants once a day with this water untill you get Run-Off at the bottom of your plant pot... it's really that simple... The Key is in your Preparation...

NOTE: Whatever you do - do not feed your plants feed/water at any stage which is cold/hot.

The root zone of a plant is very, very sensitive and Colder or Warmer water/feed than the room temperature is a definite NO NO! The roots may even go into reverse Osmosis (The process by which the plant starts to reject food)

If in doubt - or if you find that leaving water out in the sun for 6 hours is too long, An hour will still do it. And it is most important that you allow your water to reach room temp before you add any feed to it during Growth and Bloom stages... With the Flush - just make sure the quality of your water is the best it can be...

Oh - De-Ionised water is quite expensive (I pay £3.00 for 5 litres) but because I'm Canna-Seur - I dont mind spending the extra wad in my last 10 days-2 weeks of Flower...

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions - don't hesitiate, just ask! 8)
... as long as it aint a cheque ;)