Amsterdam dream

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
Weed is a deed

Amsterdam dream

Post by Weed is a deed »

Alright, mod's or admins, you can move this to where ever, but I think it goes with traveling.

Anyways, last night I had the perfect dream that I was in Amsterdam. It started out with me getting into a fight at dinner with my dad, and then moved on to the next day walking down one of the famous street's that have coffee shops left and right. Anyways, the dream then skips to my dad and I in a coffee shop over looking the street in mid after noon. We have tea and we start talking about what we want to do. He looks at a map and I told him we should get some mushrooms and go to VONDEL park. I am looking at the map and notice a small park with my dads name called SCOTT T**** (censored) park. I show it to him, and he goes no shit lets totally go there tommorow. I notice with my tea I some how ordered a gram of some sort of nice pot, and ask my dad if he brought his pipe from Newyork with him, he looked at me crazy and said no.

I then told him I'd go to the main bar and barrow a bowl or bong, he looked at me with a grin and I went and got it. I remember in my dream being nice to the people that worked there, which I would be because Amsterdam is fucking awesome and one of my favorite citys in the whole world. Anyways, I ask this lady for one of the bowls, she spoke dutch and little english and though I was trying to ask for a beer. She then got a guy that spoke a lot more english and he then pulled out 4 bowls, one was a bright orange color and I said I'd keep my American I.D. there as Colateral <-- spelling?, and that I wouldnt take off with it. He scanned my I.D. with some sort of lazer thing you see at check out counters here in the states and said for me to hold on he was checking to see if my I.D. is clean. It was, and I made my way back to the table.

I sat down with my dad and he alright broke the bud up, and had some of the gram in a flim tube (the black ones with the gray tops) which I saw open. He had the weed broken up and he took a hit. He then exhaled and gave me the holy shit look, like the ones you get sipping a fine wine or something, and said "THIS SHIT TASTES LIKE PURE CANDY!".

I then awoke from my dream as we were on the way to the smart shop to buy shrooms. I was so totally pissed about it.

Anybody dream of travels to amsterdam and knowing you wont get there for a while?. Sorry if there are more errors in spelling up there!.

kriss31

Post by kriss31 »

Wow, I don't know what you smoked before bed, but I wish I had some...
JW

Post by JW »

Ive had some coffeeshop dreams b4 - not in that much detail tho
Kenny dope Smoker

Post by Kenny dope Smoker »

I've had coffeeshop dreams before, but I can never find what I'm looking forat all and halfwaythrough the dream A-dam turns into my home town here in U.K, and weed is legal.....mad.
for god sakes steer clear of the bulldog & Smokey!
Rez

Post by Rez »

Hey kenny, that sounds like a fairy-tale... I've day-dreamed about A'dam often... maybe everyday :shock: ... I'm sure I dreamt about it too but cant seem to distiguise whats in my head and what's real at the moment ... :shock:

Rez
"I laughed so hard I nearly had a whitey"

Carla 4/21/2009
DC

Post by DC »

It's in this thread I could really annoy ya all....couldn't I. :wink: :lol:
lctricity

Re: Amsterdam dream

Post by lctricity »

Weed is a deed wrote:last night I had the perfect dream that I was in Amsterdam.

I then awoke from my dream as we were on the way to the smart shop to buy shrooms. I was so totally pissed about it.
Welcome to Amsterdam obsession mi amigo. Nice thread, and bump.

After this last and 3rd trip it's even worse for me. Had one last night. At least it's a free trip right?
Kenny dope Smoker wrote:I've had coffeeshop dreams before, but I can never find what I'm looking for.....mad.
Same here. Trying to get to Grey Area but never seem to make it. LOL

Bring it on DC. I need a fix... :arrow:
DC

Post by DC »

I'll put it in the version of a song.....

Danaanup danaa...."I Woke up this mornin'
Danaanup danaa....'an got outta bed'
Danaanup danaa....'I looked in the mirror'
Danaanup danaa....'with a fuzzy head'
Danaanup danaa....'I looked at the ashtray'
Danaanup danaa....'and what did I see'

.....a diiirty stinkin faaaat joint lookin back at meeEeEeE!
I got the.... stellllllaaaaaaa, ooh yeaah, I've got the Stellaaaa bluuuuuuuuuues! :lol:

Amsterdam dream?......it stops when I go to sleep!. :wink: :P

Which makes reading the travel sections weird.....anytime I'm reading those I'm thinkin to meself 'when the fek am I'm gettin outta here!' :roll: :)
DrGonzo

Post by DrGonzo »

Jealous Moi?

You fuckin betya!

Anyway... Nice song DC... you should record it.
When the going gets weird, the weird get going!
Kenny dope Smoker

Post by Kenny dope Smoker »

I had another A-dam dream again last night, same as always, I can't find what I want, though I did find Barney's but it was a market stall this time, and the menu was tiny and i couldn't see what weed there was on offer, and the next stall was Amnesia right next to the Barney's stall but my m8's kept dragging me back somewhere else and get lost again, A-dam is never like A-dam in my dreams, it's always totally different.

Kenny
for god sakes steer clear of the bulldog & Smokey!
Doog

Post by Doog »

I stopped dreaming about Amsterdam after my last trip at the end of March, during which I found out that the coffeeshop scene was a little too hot for me to handle.

Still hoping to make it out there for 4/20 next year but I think I'll seek "professional" advice on that one from somebody who's been there at that time and knows what happens.

Dreaming about something only makes it harder to cope with reality.
Twitch

Song

Post by Twitch »

Great blues song DC :!: You arn't trying to rub your rather envious position in our faces :wink: I very rarely remember dreams, not sure if it's because I sit around high and daydreaming all day ( have vivid imagination ) or what, but has been going on for many years. Doog, I'm sure there will be pleany of heavy duty smokers who know there way around who can help anyone who thinks they need it @ 420. I'm sure many of us would like to meet the man who has record for most posts here, I know I would
Old School and Proud of It.
Doog

Post by Doog »

Yeah well there's a few people I would like to meet from the forum as well and hopefully i'll make a better job of it than last time. Need a GREAT trip next year to make up for the not so great but not so bad one earlier this year.

It's gonna be a long wait and the whole time there will be over in a flash as usual and I'll be back in blighty before I know it. Might extend the current four day stay I've got planned to a nice even seven and I could be persuaded to do the apartment thing. It makes good financial sense apart from anything else.

No need to make any other plans. Just be in coffeeshop 420 at 4:20 on 4/20 and then I can re-acquaint myself with my good buddies Heineken, Amstel and Gulpener.

Gotta love those frothy beers.
Rez

Post by Rez »

stop with all that maybe shit Doog... you know it makes sense... you be in heaven for 4 (maybe 7) days with a group of fellow tokers... there will be nothing but smoke, fun.smoke, laughs,smoke, munch, smoke, fun, smoke, giggling fits... and if we get a chance we could fit in the canal cruise, vodelpark, Harlem... you'll kick yourself for another whole year should you not come... you're expected :P
"I laughed so hard I nearly had a whitey"

Carla 4/21/2009
Doog

Post by Doog »

Rezin_8_ed wrote:stop with all that maybe shit Doog...
Hey didn't mean to give anyone the wrong impression. I will be there next year at the given time on the given date.

One thing I really missed last time was company (and smoking practice) but I think anyone who reads my posts (especially Doog Does Dam) will know what to expect when it comes to the smoking part.

If you want it from the horses mouth then feel free to PM Neuro (hardly around these days) or DC.

I won't be paying as much attention to that side of things with all the people to meet and greet.

Mine's a pint :!: