Hello!!

The place for new members to say hello.
Junglist Movement

Hello!!

Post by Junglist Movement »

Hey ACD crew!!

Just want to say hi to all the forum members. I only recently discovered this place and i feel it is essential for serious smokers heading to Amsterdam.

Over the years i've noticed it is getting increasingly difficult to source great weed. For example our last visit (february of this year) was pretty disappointing. I'd say a third of what we bought was meh :roll: as in the taste and effect of the smoke was on par to the street weed in my area, just more expensive, voagers and grey area being the biggest offenders of our last visit, i don't mind paying top dollar as long as the quality of the smoke reflects this price but alas this was certainly not the case, as for Barneys and The greenhouse they can fudge themselves, the prices they charge for relatively uninspired smoke is criminal.

Also the attitude of some bud tenders is just completely out of order, maybe it was just one of those days but the guys in the green place were as ingnorant as they come, the asian dude seemed to be taking one word answers to the olympics, it was like we were a burden to him, plus the twizla was shite, rock hard tasteless garbage which was a shame cause a year prior to that it was outstanding.

big ups to all people involved in this place, i'll be keeping a close eye on things before we visit at the end of september.....

... and of course i'm looking forward to contributing upon our return!

Respect to all

J

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Hello!!

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Hellos hellos mate and welcome! :)

With respect to the general (coffeeshop) market for green we sadly agree, with a few exceptions weed is generally overpriced and is(relative to eg what is available in Christiania, CPH let alone California or Denver) a very far cry from the glory days in the 2000's where you could walk into at least 25 (probably much, much more) shops and get product practically unrivaled anywhere outside AMS or Haarlem (and just maybe the elite growers in California).

The hash market, and especially the new school products from Boer, Easy Times, 2e, dampkring and a growing number of other shops, is very interesting and in many cases great value almost rivaling even the not so open market (but only on a very few instances coming close to actually being on par). We would challenge anyone in finding a better value "kick you in the face and sit yo butt down" power hash than Boer's white choc block (at 8.5 per g it is a freaking killer).

There are a few noteworthy exceptions to the bad weed market, although prices are not what you would hope from all of them. Here are some of our top pks for quality as well as quality for the price:

1e Hulp - first aid for your quality cravings, the Tangie we had there two weeks ago was for sure top three taste and effect wise from any shop. Dr's of weed these here people.

Boerjoengens chain has a large selection and you can't beat the farm boys for consistent value for your money. Go to the two locations a little out west for best valuexweed.

Easy Times is maybe a little pricey, but quality is top notch - only thing we got here (and we sampled a good deal of the menu) that wasn't at the top was kosher kush and that may be because we were expecting a little more considering how hyped the strain has been and that it was their top weed but IOHO others on the menu were better.

Green Place - we know that some on the forum, maybe even the majority of posters who mention GP, report bad experiences wrt the attitude and service there, and a few have reported some misses wrt although those are quite rare and usually also relates to the prices, but we have never, over many visits, experienced this behavior towards us nor had one bad product here. Same this time around, but we have experienced it aimed at oer guests (wouldn't call them all customers as many leave without buying any and we share a laugh or stoned giggle with the BTs over the folly of asking for only the cheapest of deals on the menu and bitching that it isn't a top level kush from devil's harvest - hint hint: look just a little higher on the menu - or mouthing off with some self-imagined wisdom about cannabis that only proves that they are utterly and completely clueless).

We are in no way insinuating that the reports of our fellow ACD'ers are wrong, nor that anyone here have committed any of the stupidities we have witnessed that in our views fully justified the reactions of the bts , and we concede that all the tenders can be a little edgy when then place is packed, but it is odd to us that opinions differ so much and know of a few forum members who have voiced similar opinionsas ours...

Utopia also has good, but perhaps not great, quality and the service here (and this might be a no contest) is practically unrivaled, especially from Ingi the Norwegian peach! :)

De Graal is another very solid bet for good quality.

There are more, quite a lot when talking hash, but the above is IOHO very sure bets...

Have a great one!

CopenhagenCouple
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Good report, CC. Welcome to the forum, Junglist.

Every topic I read on here causes me to miss AMS more and more.

Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Ha me too man!! We'll all get back there someday!!

Cheers for your welcome.

CC cheers for your informative post! Always a good read when you're on board!!

J
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thanks all, just calling it the way we see it...:)

...writing about ams doesn't help either, have only been back a little over two weeks and have a very serious bug to go back growing!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

CC, I concur! Talking, writing, and reading about AMS makes me miss it more and more. I seem to think about it more each day.