Newbie from Texas

The place for new members to say hello.
JuddKam

Newbie from Texas

Post by JuddKam »

Hi There!!!

Newbie from Texas here. You can call me Jud.

Willjay

Re: Newbie from Texas

Post by Willjay »

Hello Jud :mrgreen: welcome :D
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Hola also from Texas, Houston area. This board can benefit from a few Texicans! Welcome to the Board. We should one day meet up in AMS and have a T&T!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Welcome partner, or however it is ya gents put it in Texas... :)
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

CC, we say Hola in TX these days. TX has a unique fit in the US because it is practically the only state where you can get around in Spanish in most parts of the state. Most Americans, unfortunately, IMO, have no real opportunity to learn a second language, nor a real need. Therefore, few here learn a second language. It simply is not necessary or helpful, really. Yet in Texas, oh man, you can get around in texas, and often it is very helpful and highly desireable. Mrs. LLMReb and I are excited that our baby will have a tremendous advantage here over growing up in other States because he will learn Spanish fluently at an early age.

Texas is a great state that is fairly progressive in many ways.

So, Hola, Hey, and Hi all work. :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Sweet :) heard that the Austin area should be very progressive, but nice to hear that it is a statewide thing (at least to some of you)...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

Howdy, Jud and welcome to ACD. There's lots of good information to be found here.
CopenhagenCouple wrote:Sweet :) heard that the Austin area should be very progressive, but nice to hear that it is a statewide thing (at least to some of you)...
Yes CC, Austin can be progressive, compared to the majority of the state, and being bi-lingual definitely helps.

On the ganja front, there are lots of narrow minds under the Capitol dome who are struggling to hold Texas back. The Governor (former attorney general) stated a while ago that cannabis might be legalized here, "but not while I'm Governor!" His mindset is, unfortunately, not unique. Maybe they'll be lured into legalization by the revenue stream that Colorado, Oregon and Washington are enjoying. One can hope... Vaya con mota!!
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...