Wow - Amazeballs forum!!

The place for new members to say hello.
CopenhagenCouple

Re: Wow - Amazeballs forum!!

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

tot ziens wrote:I know this is a European thing, smoking weed with tobbaco but for the life of me I'll never understand it.
Then as European let me try to explain, or at least speculate a little as to the roots of this (to many very nasty) habit.

First of many Europeans have only recently gained access to flowers of a decent enough quality to be real alternatives to the hash that has been readily available in most countries over here. Many countries still don not have a developed market for these products and hash still dominates.

For a hash joint (in lack of decent bud to mix with at least) you have practically no alternatives to rolling with baccy. This leads to a “tradition” where many add bud to their spliffs (containing baccy) more or less in the same way they added hash, and as being creatures of habit is a trait even more pronounced among stoners than the general population it tends to stick.

Secondly most supplies of bud are of such a poor quality that you practically have to mix in a little baccy for your joint to stay lit due to a bad cure, the prices for bud are in many places also so high that it is considered a “specialty” that you only smoke for weekends, special occasions and such. Thus, people end to try to stretch their supply a bit by mixing in baccy. How a spliff that is more than 75 % baccy (which often is the case) is a rare treat is beyond us though, even when we roll bud with baccy we never go over half a ciggy (toasted, see below) for a full g of bud.
tot ziens wrote: It destroys the flavor and changes the effect of the herb in mind and body due to the nicotine.
On this you have our full support, but it takes a little explaining. In Denmark at least 95 % (probably even more) of people who toke toast their ciggies before adding them to the the spliff. The purpose is (primarily) to get rid of the nicotine as it quite rightly interferes with the effects from the weed or hash and also severely affects the taste. I (Mr. CC) will straight up refuse a joint that has untoasted or even poorly toasted baccy in it as I haven’t smoked ciggies for many (15+) years and can’t stand the effects of nicotine.

In AMS we roll pure flower (now).
aVeryOldLady wrote:It depends on how much of your purchase you put in a joint.
It could also be a tolerance related issue as smoking a full 1 g joint alone for some is just a warm up and for others an insurmountable task, but yeah we would still also recommend smoking pure and adjusting the size of the joints accordingly. Adding baccy won’t necessarily save weed on the smoke lost when not puffing on your creation though, as most baccys contains accelerants to make them burn faster and a weed spliff with baccy in it will in most cases burn faster on its own than a pure joint will.
MiraMira wrote:PS Copenhagen couple ..... If you see a lady with giant curly hair walking around Batavia wearing a cap with MIRA MIRA on it ...... ye that may be me!
We’ll try to keep an eye or two out for you and say high if we see you! Best if you also look for us as we are most certainly blitzed out of our skulls at the time you may drop by. Look downstairs in Batavia's canalside smoker's lounge for a three+ people group in the middle of a large smoke and vapor cloud, some of them speaking in a strange language that sounds almost like someone speaking dutch with a potato in their mouth (that’ll be Danish ;) ). If there isn't a joint our two being passed around and / or being rolled at the time, look some more cuz you haven't found us yet then... ;)

Mr. CC

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:It could also be a tolerance related issue as smoking a full 1 g joint alone for some is just a warm up and for others an insurmountable task
For me it's a puzzling waste. This is what I don't get. A pipe is the simplest piece of equipment imaginable, so even an idiot like me can work it. You can smoke either weed or hash in it, and can even mix with tobacco if that's what you like. In the time it takes someone to roll an elaborate joint, which may range from a work of art destined for a sadly brief lifespan or a complete botch job, I can put some of that 1g purchase into my pipe, repeating as the mood takes me. I'll probably have a few bowls and feel in the mood to move on. That gram could last me the rest of the day (though in A'dam I'd be sampling rather than smoking one kind, but you know what I mean). If I did smoke it all in one go, it would just be silly. And there's a criminal waste with a pure joint unless you're with trusted puff and passers, and even then.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:
CopenhagenCouple wrote:It could also be a tolerance related issue as smoking a full 1 g joint alone for some is just a warm up and for others an insurmountable task
For me it's a puzzling waste. This is what I don't get. A pipe is the simplest piece of equipment imaginable, so even an idiot like me can work it. You can smoke either weed or hash in it, and can even mix with tobacco if that's what you like. In the time it takes someone to roll an elaborate joint, which may range from a work of art destined for a sadly brief lifespan or a complete botch job, I can put some of that 1g purchase into my pipe, repeating as the mood takes me. I'll probably have a few bowls and feel in the mood to move on. That gram could last me the rest of the day (though in A'dam I'd be sampling rather than smoking one kind, but you know what I mean). If I did smoke it all in one go, it would just be silly. And there's a criminal waste with a pure joint unless you're with trusted puff and passers, and even then.
I'm with you fat old dwarf. used to be a pure joint smoker...amazing how much further it goes when using a pipe.

and thanks CC for the baccy explanation, the evolution of it's use makes sense.
MiraMira

Post by MiraMira »

Hey alllll!
Sorry was caught up working ..... and missed out on some great convo!

Thank you for all the advice lovely people ..... Just over two weeks left.

And yes I haven't fallen in love with grasshopper because of the horrendous quality issue !
This will surely be resolved in the DAM!

Copenhagen couple - I am determined to find you, if only to listen to Danish whilst baked!
MiraMira

Post by MiraMira »

Helloooo all!

Arrived in AMS, love this place.......hey Mr & Mrs CC sorry I havent managed to see you guys yet.
Fingers crossed tomorrow.

Need food nd sleep
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Try a little side trip to Haarlem.

Haarlem coffeeshop map - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 00027&z=13

Haarlem menus - http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-Haarlem-/Haarlem.htm

Enjoy
FlyByNite