Hello ACD!

The place for new members to say hello.
cheap161

Hello ACD!

Post by cheap161 »

Goeden dag dear ACD,
My name´s Cheap161 and I thought I´d briefly introduce myself.
I have been lurking on here for a few months, got lots of very valuable info and enjoyed some of your travelogue shenanigans :D
Since i´ll go to Amsterdam myself in a few weeks i thought i´d contribute some updates in the review section and perhaps even write a travelogue.

For those interested, I found the forum through the menu site by FlybyNite, come from the country of beach towel seat blocking and try not to stretch my budget too far while traveling, hence the name. I´ve only been to Amsterdam once before, where I visited eerste Hulp, Funky Munkey, Rookies, Hunters West and some others I don´t recall. Your reviews certainly had an impact on my go-to list for the coming trip, and I´m fairly excited to go test the wares.

Kenshiro

Re: Hello ACD!

Post by Kenshiro »

Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask questions and or start a topic and many users should chime in...
Amsterdam has probably changed a lot from your last visit?
But there's still plenty of shops and fun to be had with potential to meet other fellow ACD consumers along the way!

You can message Fly By Nite or Lemming on this site to set up a toke and talk or simply to put yourself down on the "who's in town" page

Enjoy your trip

Peace
cheap161

Post by cheap161 »

Thank you, these are some nice features you got :D My first trip was two years ago, not so long actually, but as far as i´ve gathered a lot changes in that time.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

cheap161 wrote: Tue 25th Apr 2017 06:49 pm Thank you, these are some nice features you got :D My first trip was two years ago, not so long actually, but as far as i´ve gathered a lot changes in that time.
There's been quite a lot of shop closures (mostly Wormoesraat close to RLD) but some others due to the law of shops in close proximity to schools

But 2 years ago isn't that long at all...check out the map on the main page as that is up to date.

Enjoy!
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Welcome. If you want to make the most of your money then go East a bit for quality at sensible prices. I'd recommend Het Ballontje (sp) and The Stud, well worth the tram ride I'd say. :)
What a long strange trip it is.
cheap161

Post by cheap161 »

sNc: yeah the maps are awesome!

spidergawd, thanks, het balonntje already made it onto my list, and since i´m propably staying somewhere east that´s really good news!
can you (or someone) recommend some of the other shops there? i saw the pretty well made page by best friends and found some other shops (trefpunt and eastwood) on the map but not much info about them.

My list, mostly based on your reviews and partly on my experience so far:
Eerste Hulp, Yo-yo, La Tertulia, Utopia, Stud, Easy Times, Hunters.
Also I thought about getting down south to DeKade, since they seem to have primo stuff for ok pricing :)

Ah and what I´m looking for besides getting proper crispy is some nicely done outdoor to smoke in pure doobs, since I´m currently trying to get rid of tobacco...
Some really tasty and hopefully hard hitting hash
And of course simply some reekin top shelf bud.

I wonder if i should post this in the travel plans section but also don´t want to open a ton of threads right at the start
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Hit up Voyagers too, and bagheera for some of the og kush hash
Peace matty
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Guten Tag, willkommen im ACD.
Post away. Ask anything! It's your forum now too :)

My tip for outdoor (and ambience) would be Yo Yo - beautiful little place.
The best Coffeeshop holy holy high-grade you'll (consistently) find at Voyagers.
Give Siberie a whirl while you're in the centre - it's a nice spot, product about on par with everyone else for the most part.

Let us know what you think of De Kade - it's one of the shops on my todo list.
have fun - report back please :)
mowie

Post by mowie »

cheap161 wrote: Tue 25th Apr 2017 06:35 pm come from the country of beach towel seat blocking and try not to stretch my budget too far while traveling
cool. are you me? :D

herzlich willkommen - ich hätte da noch so einige spartipps :mrgreen:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Spartipps sind immer gut. Spar in der Zeit, so hast du in der Not, and there's a lot of Not about when it comes to the subject, however you take it.

Price doesn't always equal quality, and there are plenty of decent strains around the €10 mark, especially if you're a bit generous with the definition of 10 and switch into duodecimal when necessary. Standout bargains for me include: King Hassan from Tweede Kamer/Dampkring II (variable, though, and not at its best at the moment) at €6, but they've got quite a few others under €10; Amnesia Hash at Central at €5.90, but factor in that their version is new to me (always a good thing, you build up tolerance to what you smoke) and it was my first smoke of the trip/day; other strains at Central, and yes, it's hit and miss, but nothing's been crap (though I can't imagine that there's much point in smoking anything as cheap as Zero-Zero at €2.50); Boerejongens with its range of block hashes under €10, always packing as much punch and flavour as more expensive offerings elsewhere.

Bud is harder than hash, and more likely to cause disappointment. I want it to be good in every way if I'm paying over €10, but it doesn't happen. It's supposed to be dripping with trichomes, just the right moist/dry ratio, taste sensational and be able to be smelt by people living in Rotterdam, and it never is. And one of the few strains that causes me to break my rule, Dr Grinspoon, is never going to look or taste like anything much, but the effect justifies an occasional purchase. But if you're looking for bang for your buck, you're probably going to be concentrating on hash in any case.
cheap161

Post by cheap161 »

mowie wrote: Thu 27th Apr 2017 12:22 pm
cheap161 wrote: Tue 25th Apr 2017 06:35 pm come from the country of beach towel seat blocking and try not to stretch my budget too far while traveling
cool. are you me? :D

herzlich willkommen - ich hätte da noch so einige spartipps :mrgreen:
haha, maybe, from a different timeline :D Und ja, Spartipps sind natürlich immer gern gesehen!

OHMF thanks, I will post away when there´s need to then! but for now you guys gave me some good info already, thanks a bunch!
More keen for yoyos now and Voyagers on my list then!
Do Sieberie and the other shops connected have the same menu and pricing?

Thanks also to matty & dwarf - i wasn´t so sure about boerejongens so far but that sounds yummy! bagheera so far a maybe, but sounds promising.
Looks like I´ll be spending more on hash than on weed this time. Last trip I only had one 3g piece from eerste Hulps 00 and found it decent.
weedwise I know some batches aren´t really up to the standards one would expect from open sale, but i guess with the backdoor issues most sell what they can get anyway.
Limit for €/g is 14. Already quite much i recon, but if smell and appeal are singing their siren songs to me, I know I´ll be willing to pay it once or twice anyway.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Right now you are spoiled for choice with that limit, if you check the 420 live thread and many of the postings from the last week and a half-ish you will find a large selection of goodies available at less than (or exactly) 14/g :)

Recommended in that range are for sure Tangie and g13 from Het Ballonnetje, Laila and Tblisa from Tweede, mushina from dampkring, more or less all block hashes from Boer, Royal from Massawa!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
cheap161

Post by cheap161 »

Thanks, do you mean tangie weed or hash? :)
Yes the live thread and the individual travelogues were very entertaining to read and definitely a nice insight to the current state of the CS scene
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Tangie weed, Her Ballonnetje, fooking Fuego!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

[/quote]

Do Sieberie and the other shops connected have the same menu and pricing?
[/quote]

Menus tend to be very similar and prices but you may find slight differences....I haven't made it to de Republik CS yet but I've found the quality much better at De Supermarkt CS compared to Siberie CS (outdoor strains were ok but probably better at Yo-Yo from what others have shared)