New here, going in July

The place for new members to say hello.
Xenos

New here, going in July

Post by Xenos »

New here, been browsing the site since I found out I will be going in early July for about a week. Won't really be my first time in Amsterdam (more like my fourth) but first time I'll be there and able to explore/enjoy the CSs. While I have partaken in the past during my college years, it's been a good 8 years since my last smoke. My wife has never touched the stuff, but because of stress indicated she wants to experiment.

Wife and I are finishing a Euro excursion (Prague, France, Netherlands) in the Dam.
One logistical question I had is:
We're arriving a little after 17:00 at Centraal on a weekday. Which do you think would be a more efficient use of time/getting the fun started:
1. Drop into a place like Voyagers or Centraal ASAP and pick up a gram/preroll of something?
or
2. Go to the place we're staying (in Oud West, but not terribly far from Leidseplein), drop off luggage and hit somewhere like 1e Hulp (at around 19:00/20:00)?

My concern is that at that point in the evening Centraal/Voyagers may be packed/starting to get packed and don't want to leave my wife watching our luggage for too long when I may as well wait until I can enjoy the experience. But I would also want to avoid an over packed place in West Centrum (from my initial research the Leidseplein ones that are closer generally appear to be junk or going to be worse in terms of being packed) and at least have something to start the festivities.

LLMReb

Re: New here, going in July

Post by LLMReb »

Welcome Xenos. Prague is one of our favorite cities. Have a great time. The Kafka museum there is fantastic!

You should copy and paste this in the Planned Trip part of the site. You will receive more hits.

If you are going to smoke, why wait. Delayed gratification is something you are doing now. I recommend first obtaining your weed delivery device, then going to a CS. Voyagers is the opposite direction of where you are staying, so perhaps if you are going to Leidesplein, Rookies (ask OHMF about that place) or 420 or Tweede Kamer.

Again, welcome, and have a great time! This board has a wealth of information and very friendly, super knowledgeable posters. Have fun and don't be shy to post.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Voyagers isn't the greatest introduction for a newbie. In your position, I'd pick up something at Central, then go to the accommodation and smoke there. If you're not allowed to smoke where you're staying, then I'd recommend some place like 1e Hulp. Katsu might be another possibility, and Kashmir Lounge should be relatively near you. Good idea to avoid Leidseplein, which is touristy and not very good in terms of smoke (Noon, which is close to Leidesplein, is a bit of an exception in this respect). Also, I'd avoid prerolls; if you're not confident about rolling, or even if you are, a simple pipe will allow you to know exactly what you're smoking, and dose accordingly.
Xenos

Post by Xenos »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:In your position, I'd pick up something at Central, then go to the accommodation and smoke there. If you're not allowed to smoke where you're staying, then I'd recommend some place like 1e Hulp.
I only mentioned Voyagers as it's also within walking distance of Centraal Station. I figured walk past Centraal and if it's packed check Voyagers before finding a tram to our place. Our place is smoker friendly. I made sure of that ;). I just know my wife wouldn't want to wait on the street with luggage while I'm waiting 15 minutes for service inside Centraal CS if I only want to secure a gram.

Katsu is a little bit further from accommodations than 1e Hulp (we'd just have to cross walk a tiny bit, cross a bridge, then walk up Marnixstraat several blocks to get to Hulp). We will surely hit Katsu one of the days we're there, since we want to check out Alberts Cuypmarkt one of the days. Noon looks okay, but 1e Hulp looks better (based off reviews/menu), and it's not too much further from where we'll be relative to Noon.
LLMReb wrote:You should copy and paste this in the Planned Trip part of the site. You will receive more hits.
Done. Gracias, Amigo. ;)