Hello ACD, would be great to Meet!

The place for new members to say hello.
RoMoney

Re: Hello ACD, would be great to Meet!

Post by RoMoney »

Highfunctstoner wrote: Thu 14th Dec 2017 09:27 am Hello Ladies, Gents, and Delinquents ;)

Thought I'd say hello as I'm new to this forum. I fly into Amsterdam a few times a year and I love it. Easily my favorite city. Problem is it's always better with someone who can appreciate it the same way I do. Particularly the smoking bit. I'd like to make friends in and/or around Amsterdam who appreciate and enjoy smoking and the coffeeshop culture.

Flew in with the gf a couple of times, as a non smoker she tolerates my smoking habbits, but I end up feeling rushed and pressured and don't get to savour the moment. As such I prefer to keep my Amsterdam trips solo. While that's still fun, it would be great to meet people and have some rapport with a group of friends.

I'm 33, a corporate professional, well traveled and I can roll a mean joint :) Cannabis is highly illegal where I live and as such I only get to indulge whenever in Amsterdam or other cities that have legalized it. Would be great to get in touch with people who'll help me make the most of that time.

Thanks everyone.

H
Nice getting acquainted with you in the chat the other day man!

Agree with what everyone else said here, you found the right place, I'm reasonably new on the forums, but they are a very welcoming bunch of people and I will meet my first ACD'ers over Xmas in Amsterdam, which should be fun and hopefully the first of many meets.

I first went to the Netherlands in the early 00's and after a few initial trips have been going a minimum twice a year since 2010. I find some of the posts talking about going with a partner interesting. I was lucky that when I went with my ex, she was more than happy to sit in the coffeeshops all day, maybe I should've stayed with her :lol:

Also a fan of Morocco for smoking holidays and will be going the Cannabis Clubs in Barcelona for the first time in January which I'm REALLY looking forward to as it's a whole new scene and having been to Spain lots of times I know the Spanish people embrace cannabis more than the Dutch, the Dutch tolerate it but most don't smoke, there are A LOT more stoners in Spain. I think all those years of having so much high quality hash coming across the straits of Gibraltar to Andalucia [Al-Andalus :)] helped the Spanish. We used to joke here that all the Moroccan hash was shit as the Spanish took all the good stuff and sent the rest north :mrgreen:

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Highfunctstoner

Post by Highfunctstoner »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 17th Dec 2017 11:13 am
Highfunctstoner wrote: Thu 14th Dec 2017 09:27 am
Nice getting acquainted with you in the chat the other day man!

Agree with what everyone else said here, you found the right place, I'm reasonably new on the forums, but they are a very welcoming bunch of people and I will meet my first ACD'ers over Xmas in Amsterdam, which should be fun and hopefully the first of many meets.

I first went to the Netherlands in the early 00's and after a few initial trips have been going a minimum twice a year since 2010. I find some of the posts talking about going with a partner interesting. I was lucky that when I went with my ex, she was more than happy to sit in the coffeeshops all day, maybe I should've stayed with her :lol:

Also a fan of Morocco for smoking holidays and will be going the Cannabis Clubs in Barcelona for the first time in January which I'm REALLY looking forward to as it's a whole new scene and having been to Spain lots of times I know the Spanish people embrace cannabis more than the Dutch, the Dutch tolerate it but most don't smoke, there are A LOT more stoners in Spain. I think all those years of having so much high quality hash coming across the straits of Gibraltar to Andalucia [Al-Andalus :)] helped the Spanish. We used to joke here that all the Moroccan hash was shit as the Spanish took all the good stuff and sent the rest north :mrgreen:

Pleasure chatting with you!

Agree 100% everyone that has responded here or I've chatted to has been very welcoming and friendly. Looking forward t getting acquainted with more ACD-ers and hopefully my first meet for 420!

Enjoy your Xmas break in the dam and keep us posted on the adventures!
Pass joints, not judgement.
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

I don't post but I have been reading from this site for well over a decade. I'm a lucky guy. I live in Morocco so I get to travel to Amsterdam and Barcelona quite a bit. I'm a member at El Circulo and I love the vibes and the selection. Prior to that I had one time a year holidays from Portland which has a direct flight. Sadly I always go alone and don't find it easy to meet others while I'm in town. Not sure if I'm too old and antisocial. Anyhow, I'll be in Mokum from april 9-13 if anyone wants to meet up.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Drifter wrote: Wed 17th Jan 2018 05:45 pmI'll be in Mokum from april 9-13 if anyone wants to meet up.
You have been posted on the April Whos In Town page.
Scroll down to your month and click it.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop!

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Drifter wrote: Wed 17th Jan 2018 05:45 pm I live in Morocco
Nice!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

RoMoney wrote: Sat 20th Jan 2018 11:56 am
Drifter wrote: Wed 17th Jan 2018 05:45 pm I live in Morocco
Nice!
WRT access to the gold, agreed! :D

Welcome to the forum Drifter, you are unfortunately missing us by one day in April...

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: