Taking Bud Shots?

Post tips here on how to join, how to post pictures, etc.
damdreamer

Taking Bud Shots?

Post by damdreamer »

Does anyone no how to change the settings on a Samsung D860 so i can take some good bud shots
Thanks in advance for the replys

Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Do you have a macro setting ? if so take your shot then zoom in with macro !
-
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I would echo what Cisco has said, but check to see if you have digital macro, if you have then you're sorted, this setting will give you the best bud shots :P
vandaag is het begin van de rest van je leven
damdreamer

Post by damdreamer »

Thanks you two, if thats the setting with the little flower emblem i have already tried that but the pictures dont seem to be much better
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

damdreamer wrote:Thanks you two, if thats the setting with the little flower emblem i have already tried that but the pictures dont seem to be much better
You may need to go through the settings for 'digital macro' it's not a standard setting (well on mine anyway) 8)

Edit: http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/digi ... acro-mode/

I have a canon, but I think all pretty decent digital cameras have this mode 8)
Last edited by Rufus on Wed 13th Oct 2010 08:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsutoker

Post by gsutoker »

On my camera it's the little flower thingy. Push it, and get close to your buds. Be really still and give it a chance to focus. Move your camera in and out trying to find that right spot where it will focus. Once you do, be VERY STILL and take the picture.
damdreamer

Post by damdreamer »

Thanks for that link Rufus i'll give it a try later
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Yeah man the flower symbol ! as peeps have mentioned hold your camera still let it focus then snap , after you have taken the picture have a look on the screen now use your zoom function !! and zoom zoom all the way :wink:
-
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

put your camera on something steady and use the timer too....i use cups,boxes,tables..anything that wont move..line up yer shot ,make shre it perfect and have at it
rockin into the night
Trad

Post by Trad »

I picked-up a small tripod that screws into the camers...pretty much standard, it was cheap and works well...I'm the flaw when it comes to taking photos, it seems, not the equipment.... :oops: :oops: :?
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
damdreamer

Post by damdreamer »

Thanks for all the reply's guys but I've now come to the conclusion that my camera just isnt good enough to take these kind of pictures its got nothing to do with me be absolutely baked honstley :roll:
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

damdreamer wrote:Thanks for all the reply's guys but I've now come to the conclusion that my camera just isnt good enough to take these kind of pictures its got nothing to do with me be absolutely baked honstley :roll:
:lol: well that might have something to do with it. Okay so I hope I'm not being too nerdy but here is what you need to look for, this will give you lovely shots of your bud, I only discovered it recently, it's the dogs :P I suspect most halfway decent cameras have it, please excuse the poor photography as taking a picture of your camera from your phone is pretty strange :lol:

Remember digital macro is different to macro - you can see my wee macro flower on my standard settings on the right, but I need to go into the settings to get digital macro. Okay I'm sounding nerdy, I'm away...
Sue Narmy

Re: Taking Bud Shots?

Post by Sue Narmy »

Sorry for bumping an old thread

What camera do you guys use to take those amazing close up bud shots?.

I've got a Fuji FinePix AX245w 12mega pixels and a Fuji FinePix S1000fd 10 mega pixels

They both have macro settings but not digital macro so my close up pics are naff :cry:
I is female
Balou

Post by Balou »

Snow White wrote:Sorry for bumping an old thread

What camera do you guys use to take those amazing close up bud shots?.

I've got a Fuji FinePix AX245w 12mega pixels and a Fuji FinePix S1000fd 10 mega pixels

They both have macro settings but not digital macro so my close up pics are naff :cry:
The S1000 should have super macro which should take some great bud shots. Have a look through the manual.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
thompaw

Post by thompaw »

Agree with macro setting - holding still (tripods are nice) - letting the camera find the focus.
But another key point being over looked is the lighting.

I found soft light the best, nice strong soft light, if that makes any sense. Bounce the strobe or use natural daylight bounced off a white card or a t-shirt. Typically, I just look for the nice light and put my subject in that environment. In this case, indirect daylight through the sheer drapes in my hotel on the windowsill.

There must have been a door there in the wall when I came in.