Krazy Kreeft
lobster and burger , 2 person for 35 or 45eu cant remember

Lombardos
Wagyu beef burger very nice and big

Burger Bar
Also nice but nowhere near lombardos

Eating pizza from Utopia's next door Restaurant IN Utopia lol

Broodje Bert
If i have breakfast in Dam , this is it . Or sometimes immediatly after getting of train , hit voyagers
and then hit Bert . Wicked BLT sandwich
Not to be mistaken with Broodje bArt !!!!
Last edited by RvanSteensel on Mon 22nd Feb 2016 02:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Nuggz

Re: Food You Look Forward To When In Amsterdam

Post by Nuggz »

Cannibal Royale - Great "meat" specialty restaurant in the spui-plein area. Ribs are to die for (around 12 euro for a generous enough portion). Non-shabby beer list as well. Make a booking in person in the late afternoon or go really early or really late, as during prime dinner hours the place is one the chic-est/coolest with 'Dam's in-crowd so it can fill up fast.
Walk there munchied from: Original Dampkring (literally right next door), 2e Kamer.

Llieve - Belgian restuarant with themed "table-set" menus, it's kinda difficult to completely explain but definitely a good place for slightly higher-brow dining (you can easily eat well there for roughly 22 per head, w/ drinks; for the highest menu w/ multiple drinks you can pull off 32 per head easily). Walk there munchied from - Grey Area, Siberie

Bianco Latte - A neapolitan deli/pizzaria on haarlemerdijk (haarlemerbuurt), with the best pizza margherita (9 euro) in town. And some reasonably priced Italian pasta dishes to boot.
Walk there munchied from: Barney's; Dampkring-II

De Hallen
- the best way to explain (in yank context) is for those in the know of Austin/San Fran/Portland food-cart culture, this place is like a classy, covered, permanently fixated food-cart lot, with lots of "street-food" pickins' and nice ambience. They even have an small string band playing lounge jazz on some nights which is nice. Several Amsterdam institutions have set of their food carts here: I recommend Vietview, Mineer Temaki, The Butcher, Wild Moa, Petit Gateau, Seafood whatever it's called, there's a bbq place as well that I can't remember the name of but also awesome.
Walk there munchied from: Kashmir, Boerejongens, de Bij.

Leeman Doner
- some of the cheapest, and arguably best kebab in 'Dam. 2.60 for a Doner (they cost avg. of 6 in the center), good cheap to go munchies in De Pijp.
Walk there munchied - after an entire de Pijp CS-crawl: Katsu, de Graal, Club Media, Yo-Yo!

G's: Amsterdam's coolest brunch place, they have a second location in the East-side of town as well, they have a top-notch (best I've ever had) Egg's Benny, which can be chased down deliciously with their well-crafted bloody mary's. This place also is chic/cool (it's an Amsterdam curse these days), so booking in advance is best. Bonus and Sunday's they apparently combine this awesome brunch with and inclusive package on a canal cruise, so you get dank ass brunch and a canal cruise for like 40 euro or something, haven't done it yet, but it's on the list (as an Amsterdam resident hehe).
Walk there munchied from: Paradox, Spirit, 137 PS: still hankering for a proper brunch place but G's is full, check also "G's Oost"; Bakers & Roasters; Ted's, all equally great places for brunch to be honest!

Letting: Brekky spot nestled in the middle of Amsterdam's picturesque canal-belt. Very very reasonably priced menu, they great both Dutch and American style pancakes, good milkshakes as well.
Walk there munchied from: Utopia, Amnesia.

Happy munching ACD-ers! :mrgreen: :thumbup: :wave:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Letting has our vote too, very good service, price and location! For the price the food is really good, nothing fancy or over done, just good, yummy food at a reasonable price served fast and fresh... There are plenty of seats inside and tables outside in the beautiful street where you can enjoy the sights and some of Letting's awesome shakes, coffee or a very decent meals! :)

We lived right across the street for a week, so naturally visited Letting on more than one occasion, take DLN's advice and scoot on over there to do as the beastie boys, cuz when I'm in Holland, I eat the pannekoekken!

Cannibal Royal, well... Very split about this one as the food was surprisingly goodvalue, especially for a place that will serve till late in the night, and the service up to us getting our food was very fast and efficient . That stopped there though and when we tried to get the check and leave we, in spite of us asking more than once, ended up waiting for so long that of probably sat there and waited to pay for thenmeal longer than it took to get a table, order, get served and finish our meals. It got to a point where DLN had to walk up to the service area and demand to be allowed to pay... Just stupid for an otherwise great place.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I've never been to the establishment in question, but I've always found that if you can't seem to get anyone's attention to take your money after a meal, acting as though you're about to walk out generally works.
CopenhagenCouple

We were close, not in jest either... :)
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Cannibal Royal, well... Very split about this one as the food was surprisingly goodvalue, especially for a place that will serve till late in the night, and the service up to us getting our food was very fast and efficient . That stopped there though and when we tried to get the check and leave we, in spite of us asking more than once, ended up waiting for so long that of probably sat there and waited to pay for thenmeal longer than it took to get a table, order, get served and finish our meals. It got to a point where DLN had to walk up to the service area and demand to be allowed to pay... Just stupid for an otherwise great place.
I have the other side to that coin :wink: three of us sitting and having a great time when I noticed that we were the only one's left :D :lol: and the wait staff were all cleaned up and done, sitting at the bar waiting on us to finish :roll: :evil: , there is a notion that if you dine at a restaurant, you rented the table for the night, giving you a check before you are ready is insulting to the diner, in other countries we traveled there was even a separate "table rent fee" on the bill :lol:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
CopenhagenCouple

@Willjay: For sure man, bringing the check before the guests are done eating is a very rude and unprofessional thing to do, but this case was not in our observation not inspired by such kind regard to etiquette, nor just another example of the typical Dutch service level (we get the same here in Cph at fast food places, and many cafés), but just the staff not giving a flying fuck (took notice after the first ten minutes and know what to look for having worked in the industry the both of us).... Great that you got good service, up to the pont of us getting served it was sot oith us,they just didn't seem interested in our money ( should have done the Ed&d)...
CopenhagenCouple

Man screw this freaking phone, makes our post seem a little too "special"... subtract a "not" from the above and insert
"was spot on", might make more sense then... also, the routine is a "d&d", don't know this fella Ed!
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Are Cannibal Royal's ribs as good as the ones at De Klos?
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Free Ben

Post by Free Ben »

An old thread I know but it certainly has me salivating. Much prefer stoner recommendations to TripAdvisor!

For me I always hit up:
Cafe Loetje
Burger Bar
Wok to Walk
Greenwoods
Pancakes! Amsterdam (always get a chuckle from the ! In my stoned state)
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Quick Snacks
Krokette from Febo or a McKroket from Mc Donalds
Maoz - Can't beat some Falafel when floating around Amsterdam
Albert Heijn Green Juice (vitamins are important in Amsterdam) & Sandwiches/Wraps
1L carton of Chocomel ^_^

Sit Down
Nude Burger Club (they use really high quality meat and cheese)
Rainarai (Magrhebi food - veggie friendly options available too)
Fou Fow Ramen - amazing place, if you don't mind a queue
TerraZen Vegan restaurant - they do an AMAZING beetroot salad
Waterkant - Surinamese/Dutch/Indonesian food, really nice and a great place to chill by the water
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Ok, so here are my must-have, won't get back on the plane without it foods/drinks:
1. Cafe Klos ribs - I mean, Jesus.
2. Tapas during the day at Pata Negra on Utrechtstraat. (Near Boerjoengens)
3. Jamon Iberico at Ibericus on Haarlemerstraat. (Just accross from Barney's Seed Farm)
4. Super ice cold Heineken and bitterballen at Cafe Leo, right around the corner from Tweede Kamer on Spuistraat.
5. Donner kebab at Donnerland on Kinkerstraat (by Kashmir Lounge)

And really, really good places that I love going to:
Kantjil en de Tiger for rijstaffel
Cafe Loetje for some of the best steak I've ever had. (As a side note, someone once told me, "It's probably horse." Well then, I love horse.)
Smoked herring broodje at any herring stand
Frittes at Saucemeesters
And hell, I even have love for the NY Pizza places all over the place (I know, I know, but at 2am after being at it all day, who cares? And besides, I can't get chicken Tandoori pizza back home...)

And KitKats at just about every coffeeshop.

Ok, now I'm hungry...
matty223

Post by matty223 »

la2019 wrote: Wed 20th Dec 2017 03:56 am Ok, so here are my must-have, won't get back on the plane without it foods/drinks:
1. Cafe Klos ribs - I mean, Jesus.
2. Tapas during the day at Pata Negra on Utrechtstraat. (Near Boerjoengens)
3. Jamon Iberico at Ibericus on Haarlemerstraat. (Just accross from Barney's Seed Farm)
4. Super ice cold Heineken and bitterballen at Cafe Leo, right around the corner from Tweede Kamer on Spuistraat.
5. Donner kebab at Donnerland on Kinkerstraat (by Kashmir Lounge)

And really, really good places that I love going to:
Kantjil en de Tiger for rijstaffel
Cafe Loetje for some of the best steak I've ever had. (As a side note, someone once told me, "It's probably horse." Well then, I love horse.)
Smoked herring broodje at any herring stand
Frittes at Saucemeesters
And hell, I even have love for the NY Pizza places all over the place (I know, I know, but at 2am after being at it all day, who cares? And besides, I can't get chicken Tandoori pizza back home...)

And KitKats at just about every coffeeshop.

Ok, now I'm hungry...
The kapsalon is Lekker at donnerland
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

Is Cafe Loejte in the city center?
matty223

Post by matty223 »

MJ420 wrote: Fri 22nd Dec 2017 01:33 pm Is Cafe Loejte in the city center?
They have one just outside centraal station , one in the de pijp, and a few others around The Netherlands

Peace matty