Batavia

Restaurants and takeaways.
DaveS

Re: Batavia

Post by DaveS »

Ate here twice over the three day stay I just had...

The first day I went for that Beef and La Chouffe Pie and it was fantastic! Easily the best meal I had over the entire trip. Service was better again than anywhere else I'd been.

On my last day I tried the Sausages and Mash - top stuff. Then I ventured downstairs to the nice, big schmoking room! Wow! How the hell have I missed this place all these years???

Best discovery of the whole trip. If they did rooms as well, I'd never leave!

CannaSir

Post by CannaSir »

DaveS wrote:Ate here twice over the three day stay I just had...

The first day I went for that Beef and La Chouffe Pie and it was fantastic! Easily the best meal I had over the entire trip. Service was better again than anywhere else I'd been.

On my last day I tried the Sausages and Mash - top stuff. Then I ventured downstairs to the nice, big schmoking room! Wow! How the hell have I missed this place all these years???

Best discovery of the whole trip. If they did rooms as well, I'd never leave!
+1! Just spent a third of my 2-day trip in this place. The beef and la chouffe 'pie' is a pastie but vvv tasty nonetheless. My plate was cleaned! Went down beautifully with a pint of Grimbergen and then multiple spliffs sprawled on the leather sofa or across the leather armchair. Watched World Darts on the big screen - was hilarious and gripping at the same time! lol

The place is empty during the day - turn up around 1pm for a sofa, a pastie and a pint 'n' spliff! Awesome!
Wash yerself up quick, babe. Star Trek's on.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

We likes it too
rockin into the night
Scandalous Monk

Post by Scandalous Monk »

+1 from me too, friendly staff as well :)
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Visited last weekend and stopped in here with two of my very good friends three times over the two days...

Food was excellent as ever and the staff were the friendliest we experienced all weekend!

I wanted to try a couple of different dishes this time around and went for the ribs on the Saturday night which were fantastic! My friend's wife went for the chicken pie, while he opted for a plate of "nibbles" because he wasn't feeling overly hungry at the time... All the food was really top-notch, and the service was outstanding!

The best part of it was the fact that we were staying at Voyagers, so after picking up a nice selection of weed, we could wander around the corner and smoke it at our leisure, whilst having a nice drink and eating some amazing food!

The following day, we trooped around the corner at midday to sample the Sunday Lunch, which two of us managed - my mate was still a bit under the weather and to be honest, I can't blame him, but he managed a plate of Shrimp, which he said was really tasty - all freshly prepared as well...

That night we were back again!

My friend's wife had the Cottage Pie and I opted for the Chicken pie that she had eaten the night before - fantastic!

I think if we had the option, we would just move into Voyagers permanently and eat every meal at Batavia!

Hands down the best food and service I'd had all weekend... :D

Now if only we could get them to open a little earlier than 12pm! A breakfast wake n bake at Batavia would be just perfect!

8)
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Hate to say it (as I do like the place) but everything isn't "freshly prepared" :shock: :(
-
montana85

Post by montana85 »

Went here at 12 for breakfast today. Nice breakfast. 9.50e. Definately one of the better breakfasts I've had here! Love the fact you can go straight down stairs and smoke after it, while drinkink beer. Worth a visit.
"Excuse me while I light my spliff, good God I gotta take a lift!"
matty223

Post by matty223 »

montana85 wrote:Went here at 12 for breakfast today. Nice breakfast. 9.50e. Definately one of the better breakfasts I've had here! Love the fact you can go straight down stairs and smoke after it, while drinkink beer. Worth a visit.

yu can also eat downstairs too
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

I've been looking up about this place, is it true it closes at 9.30 pm?. Seems very early that if true but looking on there website the info in Dutch looks like it says it closes 9.30pm?.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

That is when they serve food until ! They are open later, I was in there until maybe 10.30/11pm the other night before we left and that wasn't because they were closing.
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Thanks for clearing that up, was a little unsure of what the Dutch text on there website was referring the 9.30 time for as seemed an odd time for bar hours. Never been here and looking forwards to spending serious time trying there bottled beers out with a smoke :)
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Try what they have on tap to ! Often nice belgium beers, they had a belgium IPA on the other day that was lovely !
montana85

Post by montana85 »

Went in here again a few days later since the breakfast was good. Had the cheeseburger & fries, my gf had the Sunday roast. Both nice and cheap enough.

Really like this place. Foods good value, decent beers and a large smoking area by the canal. Love watching the stoners go in & out voyagers. Even came here for our last spliffs before heading home. Will be back for sure! :mrgreen:
"Excuse me while I light my spliff, good God I gotta take a lift!"
nathan420stoner

Post by nathan420stoner »

Top notch spot comfy sofa in the corner, nice table looking out onto canal, voyagers round the corner is always a plus ;) we sat in here played poker for ages and got baked pity it didnt open earlier tho food was good aswell an nicer than a shit mcdo at a similar price, Hot Choco is good :D
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

Sat in that corner blasted, many times. #staring into the mustard mirror.
Actually once some locals where all sat around the table by the window,
then a boat blasting loud music (and even had a like a wood burning stove on) pulls up, they lift the window up,(the ceiling even has little hooks to hold the windows up) all jumped on the boat and steamed off into the night.
Absolute class. we did comment on what a class way to get out on your bill...lol
Joking about the bill :shock:
Also they do a mean BLT.