Recommendations for the best Italian Restaurants in Dam?

Restaurants and takeaways.
Pierre

Re: Recommendations for the best Italian Restaurants in Dam?

Post by Pierre »

thanks a lot guys! I couldnt ask for more than that. :)
.. I am sure I will visit Peppino,sounds and also looks great

Thomasbandit

Post by Thomasbandit »

For pizzas - Da Portare Via
http://www.daportarevia.nl/locaties.html

They opened an eat-in restaurant in De Wallen a bit ago but have others (the one on Leliegracht is take-away, unless they have a few chairs outside I think - not sure if others are takeaway only or not). Really good real italian style pizzas at good prices
MikeMc420

Post by MikeMc420 »

I recommend Da Giorgio on Warmoestraat. I eat there every time I visit Amsterdam. Good food and not expensive.

The menu is available on the website. You may need a converter to read it properly.

http://www.dagiorgio.nl/
Marco

Post by Marco »

Bella Storia near Westerpark....not cheap though
matty223

Post by matty223 »

someone told me to try Cas Di David,, anyone been
HankMoody

Post by HankMoody »

matty223 wrote:someone told me to try Casa Di David,, anyone been
A few times. Food is good, not great, and not overly expensive. However, the three tables in the upper floor windows that overlook the canal are fabulous for the views up and down the Singel. In the good weather, they will open the windows. You can toss cannolis on unsuspecting tourists from there.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

HankMoody wrote:
matty223 wrote:someone told me to try Casa Di David,, anyone been
A few times. Food is good, not great, and not overly expensive. However, the three tables in the upper floor windows that overlook the canal are fabulous for the views up and down the Singel. In the good weather, they will open the windows. You can toss cannolis on unsuspecting tourists from there.
thanks
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

Thomasbandit wrote:For pizzas - Da Portare Via
http://www.daportarevia.nl/locaties.html

They opened an eat-in restaurant in De Wallen a bit ago but have others (the one on Leliegracht is take-away, unless they have a few chairs outside I think - not sure if others are takeaway only or not). Really good real italian style pizzas at good prices
2nd this place. Always stop by for a meal now each trip. I loved the truffle sauce pizza in September and returned for the tuna red onion and chilli which was bang on. I've visited la Perla as well in the past but find this better value for your euro and easily as tasty. Wood oven the works.
"If you can, then do "
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

Vapiano do some pretty decent stone baked pizza's and pasta all made fresh in front of you. It's at The Bank building at Rembrantplein. I went there recently and got a 12 inch pizza and coke for around 11 euro.

My question is; where can I get a delivery of a decent italian pizza near to the centre/centraal?
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Yam Yam traditional pizzeria. Not central, very popular, expect to reserve in advance.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
se7enty2wo

Post by se7enty2wo »

Had a really nice meal in Italia Oggi on my last visit. It's pretty central and well worth a visit. Didn't try their pizzas but the pasta dishes were excellent.

http://www.italiaoggi.nl/pages/restaurant.php
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine....
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Le Due Sicilie (The 2 Sicilys)

Located just on the southeastern fringes of Amsterdam, off Wibautstraat (near the Volkshotel).

Every Friday they do a dinner special. 10€ gets you one free adult beverage (cocktails included) and all you can eat on the food spread which consists of some Southern Italian finger foods, and finally a single pasta dish served en masse.

Be sure to get there no later than 18:15 to secure a seat as it is a small place and fills up quite fast. Once the joint is packed in, that's when the gezellig vibes kick in to full swing as the lively chatter challenges the live classic bass & guitar band, putting the ambience front and center, and in contention with the pasta as the "main course". Definitely a hidden gem, fully recommended!
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

Interesting recommendations on here.

For pizza, I second the poster who offered up La Perla. Some of the best pizza I've ever had. Their mozzarella is flown in daily from Italy. It's on a corner, with dine-in service on one corner, and a take-out option across the street, where the wood-fired oven is.
Julzz

Post by Julzz »

My every visit to Dam I drop in at Mastino)
Also, there was tasty pizza at Da Portare that is near De Oude Kerk