Putting a day pass on an OV-chipkaart

Getting there and getting around.
Fat_old_dwarf

Putting a day pass on an OV-chipkaart

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I'm hazily aware that this is possible. Can someone confirm that I can do things at one of those not-terribly-sensitive touchscreens that will convert the requisite sum to a day pass? (Incidentally, it would be easier, and friendlier, if this happened automatically, as it does in London and probably elsewhere.)

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Putting a day pass on an OV-chipkaart

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OK, don't tell me. I think it's possible, but haven't done it yet, as I've never needed to spend close to €7.50 in a day on public transport, having been lucky with the weather – walking is more fun. But I might do it on a really filthy day.

Discovered recently that you're allowed to change even if you're taking the same tram back within some specified period, though I don't know what that is. I took the 16 out to de Graal, looked at the menu and went on to Katsu, where I just picked up something and went back. I'd always thought you could only change for one realistic journey, so this was a bonus. And most of you won't find out that it's possible, because nobody listens to a word I say.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fear not - at least 65 people are listening! :D
macky

Post by macky »

I buy my train passes from airport to central on line ,so I can walk down stairs and strait on train. Same for the return trip .We knew what day we where going to Harlem,so paid for them online ahead too .If you go tobacco shop ,you can load up card look for little stickers that looks like card in windows of shops around town..There good for years so loading up will mean your ready for next trip..In your case they won,t be on card for long :D