Train Discounts?

Getting there and getting around.
Vinnie Vegas

Train Discounts?

Post by Vinnie Vegas »

I plan on going to several different dutch cities. Plus My Hotel is in Haarlem so I will be taking the train to Amsterdam Central Station daily. Are there any Tram and/or Train discounts to be had? If so where do I get them from? Please help cuz any extra money is going for weed, entertainment, and food. Thanks ya'll.

matty223

Re: Train Discounts?

Post by matty223 »

Not many deals that I know of usually its a day pass to travel further out and its usually good for 24 hrs , you have to check blokkers website , its in dutch, just makemsuremyou do have a ticket on thenteain dont want to get fined, the bus is another option as in renting a bike

Peace matty
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

"Laif" with a long "a".
Vinnie Vegas

Post by Vinnie Vegas »

Far out man! Thanks that's pretty cool and I might do that a couple of different days. Do they sell all day passes buy themselves without this deal? If so how much? Thanks again Lafe with a long A.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Vinnie Vegas wrote: Sun 12th Mar 2017 03:29 am Far out man! Thanks that's pretty cool and I might do that a couple of different days. Do they sell all day passes buy themselves without this deal? If so how much? Thanks again Lafe with a long A.
You can buy rail passes form NS, but it would be far more expensive. It appears the AH deal is now M-F with limited times, and valid all day on weekends.

Good luck!
"Laif" with a long "a".
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Lafe wrote: Sun 12th Mar 2017 04:59 pm
Vinnie Vegas wrote: Sun 12th Mar 2017 03:29 am Far out man! Thanks that's pretty cool and I might do that a couple of different days. Do they sell all day passes buy themselves without this deal? If so how much? Thanks again Lafe with a long A.
You can buy rail passes form NS, but it would be far more expensive. It appears the AH deal is now M-F with limited times, and valid all day on weekends.

Good luck!
Albert Heijn has the "dagkaartjes" available now, which I think are available while supplies last kinda deal. But the validity period of this season's passes is from 27 February - 7 May. The tickets can be used all days of the week, with a later start time on weekends, which is somewhere between 9:00AM-11:00AM. Tickets let you travel on any NS train going throughout the Netherlands for the calendar day, with the exception of the IC sprinter - which is the hi-speed line running between Schiphol and Rotterdam, and requires an additional two euro supplement cost. The pass itself costs 16 euros and can be picked up by the service counter (tobacco) at any Albert Heijn location.