what is the latest to leave Amsterdam to catch flight?

Getting there and getting around.
choppermike

Re: what is the latest to leave Amsterdam to catch flight?

Post by choppermike »

I think he is crossing a different Atlantic to you OneHigh and the clearance and security shit takes a little bit longer ☺

.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
GorillaGlue

Post by GorillaGlue »

Thanks all for the info. I think ill play it safe and show up fairly early.

Im sure ill have a few grams left to roll up that morning. I think 4-5 cones sounds about right 8)
matty223

Post by matty223 »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 08:05 pm
matty223 wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 07:17 pm The e new security measures at schiphol suck, last april took me over 3 hours to clear, almost missed my flight,
Yeah those things definitely slow proceedings down. Did you go through at peak hours too?
Think my flight was at 2pm
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

choppermike wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 08:37 pm I think he is crossing a different Atlantic to you OneHigh and the clearance and security shit takes a little bit longer ☺
matty223 wrote: Mon 22nd Jan 2018 10:27 am Think my flight was at 2pm
Yeah I think I often luck out with these extra delays because of the times I fly at - I'm generally on the first flight in and the last flight out - the lines haven't been too bad at that time so far. Defintely noticed the extra wait though.
In the same way as supermarket self-checkouts I just can't see the efficiency saving once the users errors and machine breakdowns are considered. There's always one that's out of order and someone repeatedly putting their passport in the wrong way. I guess it's a cost issue.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I travel with a baby and all the extras that a baby comes with when you travel. I typically rent a houseboat in the Jordan. Doorstep to doorstep is approx 1 hour from houseboat-train-check in-get in security line.

I take 2 Paradox brownies and ingest one on train and second before security.

We leave HB 3.5 hours before flight. Will drink a few Heineken at the airport b/c Heineken in the US tastes aweful.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

matty223 wrote: Wed 15th Nov 2017 10:22 am The new security airport sucks in April took me 3 hrs to get through all 3 check points,

Matty. TSA
I had the same problem in 2016. Last trip, Delta had separate security and I was through quickly so now it's unclear to me exactly when to leave. Arriving Schiphol 2.5 hours before departure seems a sensible compromise for trans-Atlantic.
"Laif" with a long "a".