R.I.P. Paco de Lucia

Tunes, bands and gigs.

Moderators: Balou, 2rollingstoned

KeyMonCha

R.I.P. Paco de Lucia

Post by KeyMonCha »

A true legend in the guitar world and one of the first to bring flamenco to a universal audience... One of the greatest performances i ever saw was "Friday Night In San Francisco" with Paco, Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin... It was also the first time i heard the amazing "Fantasia Suite" live...

He will be missed. :(

Lemon Haze

Re: R.I.P. Paco de Lucia

Post by Lemon Haze »

True loss, the guy was a monster musician. Friday Night in San Francisco changed my life.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
treetop

Post by treetop »

TBH had never heard of this artist before. I'm not really into music. Had a listen in his honour. Brilliant. Art. Good for the brain.

RIP
How much did you produce?
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Lemon Haze wrote:True loss, the guy was a monster musician. Friday Night in San Francisco changed my life.
treetop wrote:TBH had never heard of this artist before. I'm not really into music. Had a listen in his honour. Brilliant. Art. Good for the brain.

RIP

Very nicely said guys... I'm glad you liked it Tree's...

...Here's one where you can watch his hands.... Personally, i get totally transfixed with the right one. :shock: <-----(like that :D )

...Back to my Paco marathon! :(
PecosTheCat

Post by PecosTheCat »

RIP

Listening to Almoraima right now. An exceptionally fine record.
BigRigRob

Post by BigRigRob »

Truly Bummed!
Have been many miles with "Friday Night in San Francisco" keeping me awake. Mediterranean Sundance in your memory. Sail on Paco.....
"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

I was saddened to see that he had passed away a while back. Many years ago (1983-84?) I saw a triple bill of Paco de Lucia, Al Dimeola & John McLaughlin in Lafayette, Louisiana. McLaughlin and Dimeola were having constant drag races up and down the guitar necks, while Paco held things together. He would occasionally show them his speed chops, but, of the three, Paco de Lucia was (i.m.o.) the most tasteful player of them. I never got to tell him how much I enjoyed the show, but, I did see Al Dimeola a couple of years ago and thanked him for the previous amazing performance (I didn't mention liking Paco better, though...)
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...