Congratulations Bob.

Tunes, bands and gigs.

Moderators: Balou, 2rollingstoned

spidergawd

Congratulations Bob.

Post by spidergawd »

Totally blown away by the news that Dylan wins the Nobel Literature prize. Brilliant, an inspiration, and a great and true Troubador.

Bit of a slow start but it is the Dead backing him. :D

What a long strange trip it is.
notsofasteddie

Re: Congratulations Bob.

Post by notsofasteddie »

spidergawd wrote:Totally blown away by the news that Dylan wins the Nobel Literature prize. Brilliant, an inspiration, and a great and true Troubador.
:D

Totally blown away!

He changed the world and my life too!

Thanks Bob!
macky

Post by macky »

Nothing against Bob but…..The lyric hides it,s weakness through melody while prose has to be strong enough to withstand the vacuum of it,s own existence. judges are reaching here ,He,s know Norman mailer,Keats.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

macky wrote:Nothing against Bob but…..The lyric hides it,s weakness through melody while prose has to be strong enough to withstand the vacuum of it,s own existence. judges are reaching here ,He,s know Norman mailer,Keats.
Good point, but I never heard any one singing Mailer or Keats on the streets :D :lol:

"The times they are a changing", you my northern friend are proof of that :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Macky, Homer and Sapphos wrote lyrical texts to be performed, and here we are 500 years later still enjoying them. So time must be the real judge.
Sure I agree Mailer was/is a good candidate, but are they awarded posthumously? I'm not sure they are.

Norman Mailer once said, "If Dylan's a poet, I'm a basketball player." :D :D Miserable old fucker. :mrgreen:
What a long strange trip it is.