The Shins - Nov 5 - Capital Theater Port Chester NY

Tunes, bands and gigs.

Moderators: Balou, 2rollingstoned

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

The Shins - Nov 5 - Capital Theater Port Chester NY

Post by ed the head »

The Shins - Nov 5 - Capital Theater Port Chester, N.Y.
This was my first time to this beautiful, intimate old style theater. We opted for the right edge of the general admission stage front floor.

The opening act for The Shins was Baio.

Neither my bride or I are big fans of Vampire Weekend, so we didn't struggle to make it to the theater for the whole of this opening act. I thought it was Bay-o like Scott Baio. Come to learn it's pronounced like BIO. We caught the last 4 songs and I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy them. I know I am getting closer but I guess not too close to old to be able to appreciate something new to me. I really liked his tux and I told him so after the set when he passed us.

I didn't catch the entire SHINS set list, and only found a portion on the Internet so below is partial. They hit just about all my favorites.

Caring Is Creepy
Australia
Name for You
Kissing the Lipless
Mine's Not a High Horse
Gone for Good
Cherry Hearts
Mildenhall
Saint Simon
Painting a Hole
Half a Million
Phantom Limb
New Slang
A Comet Appears
Sleeping Lessons
- Tom Petty's American Girl
Sleeping Lessons

In the middle of their encore performance of 'Sleeping Lessons', The Shins broke into Tom Petty's American Girl. The audience went absolutely nuts singing along. One could feel Saint Thomas of Gainesville smiling down on us from Rock N Roll heaven. Really beautiful, and Sleeping Lessons was a great tune to end a fantastic night on.

Sleeping Lessons

A Comet Appears

He who tries to shine dims his own light