gluegun

Re: Boxing

Post by gluegun »

Your rite there bud
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

:shock:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

yeah.and...did that,been there..i bleed..lol
rockin into the night
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Professional boxing died last night at the ring entrance for me....pathetic..like a gay rocky movie,...never ,never again.....have a great day folks
rockin into the night
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

who wants to watch 2 guys punch for 12 rounds with no damage?

its like a test to see whos got better cardio.

its crap.

mayweather is a fucking clown who fights hand picked opponents.

boxing died with tyson.

we all used to watch to see him DESTROY ppl.

nothing like that these days...
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Who would you like Mayweather to fight ? Alvarez was seen as one of the toughest challenges Mayweather could face, yet he dominated the fight. I agree he isn't an attractive fighter to watch (well depending how much you appreciate his defence skills), but he is undoubtedly very good. I think it is a similar story with Vitali and Wladamir in the heavyweight division. They are boring to watch because they just walk opponents round the ring with their jab, keeping them at distance and doing damage, tiring them out. They aren't what viewers want to see (hence in the klitschko brothers case why there is little interest, and therefore money, from the US boxing market), but they are very good at boxing as a sport.

As for Mayweather ducking fights, can't really comment earlier on in his career, but in Alvarez he faced probably the toughest opponent he could have been given and dominated the fight (while sustaining a dislocated elbow). I really don't know who is left for him to fight. Ok I guess Manny, but Manny seems like he is passing peak (doing pretty damn well for his age regardless), although it is a fight I would really like to see. Apart from that, maybe Marquez rematch would be a good fight. Timothy Bradley possibly, but really I don't think there are many fighters left for Mayweather to face.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

dude, EVERYONE knows he's fought hand picked opponents.... dude was ducking manny for ever.... point proven.

has he knocked anyone out?

who the fuck wants to watch him for 12 rounds do no damage and win by points?

thats pussy.

is this a cardio match? oooh... lets see who's got better cardio.

its boxing

go knock someone out.

take their head off.

boxing died with tyson.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Like I say, not denying that he has ducked some fights, I am sure he (like most boxers) probably has. But he beat Hernandez by KO when he was ranked number 1 in Super Featherweight, beat Corrales by KO when he was number 1 ranked Super Featherweight, twice beat Castillo when he was number 1 ranked Lightweight, beat Gatti by KO when he was the number 1 ranked light welterweight contender, obviously beat Judah (when the fight was agreed Judah was seen as number 1 or 2 in the division) and De La Hoya (ok the rematch never happened and maybe that would have been a different story), then beat Hatton (who was probably past peak, but the guy was still light welterweight champion and undefeated), dominated Marquez (who beat Manny at the very least once) who was ranked 2 pound-for-pound in the world, then dominated Mosely who was ranked 3rd P4P in the world. Then beat Ortiz (can argue it was unsporting what he did, and you would be right, but it was within the rules) when he was ranked number 2 welterweight, beat Cotto when he was number 1 ranked light middleweight, then Guerrero when he was ranked 3rd welterweight and finally of course Alvarez. Maybe some ducking occured with De La Hoya, but this is a guy who has fought and beaten some really really good boxers, ranked at the highest level.

As for ducking Manny, yea maybe he was, I remember thinking at the time that olympic style drug tests seemed a little nit picky (but not necessarily unfair and not for the first time, he did the same with De La Hoya). But I am not sure Manny would have won (difficult to argue with different times etc), not sure Manny would have been able to land enough. Also I guess from a crude point of view, Marquez beat Manny, Mayweather beat Marquez (This is obviously a flawed logic, but I don't think Roach and Manny could have put a plan together that would have taken down the Mayweather defence so in this case it holds).

Also if you don't think you are going to win a fight, then why take it? If you don't believe you can beat your opponent then there just isn't any point in fighting them. Take Kell Brook, who looks to have ducked Alexander. What is the point of a young fighter rushing into a world title shot, if they don't think they can win ? Better build your skills against tough but winnable fights before taking that shot, if you mess it up who knows when the next will come. I guess the response is 'Why not be open about it then?', well I think that just comes down to pride.

Has he knocked anyone out ? Well he has a KO percentage of just over 57% so yes. Ok it isn't really really high (Manny has a KO rate of 70%) but still over 50% so I wouldn't say it was that bad.

Who the fuck wants to watch him ? Well he has 3 of the top 10 largest grossing PPV fights in history including the top one (Once the Alvarez fight figures are calculated probably the top 2), so clearly alot of people.

Boxing is a scoring sport, yes a KO will obviously lead to a win, but in the absence points are always key. If you are just watching boxing for blood and KO's, well you would firstly be better off watching MMA, and probably bar/street fights.

Mayweather doesn't win because he has the best cardio. He has fought top quality opponents, he didn't beat them because they just weren't fit enough. The guy is able to construct a defence that no one appears to be able to get through. He wins because he is agile, and very very clever. Everytime you swing, you will either miss, hit an arm (or generally a non scoring area) or get a snappy counter (which regardless of what you may think, I imagine does hurt quite abit).

Boxing died with Tyson ? Little bit of a harsh comment. Firstly the carnage and physicality you traditionally get in a heavyweight fight is nothing like that of the lighter divisions. The guys can't weigh as much => can't have as much muscle => tend to have less power in their punches. Far more common is fast punches, good ring movement and dodging. If you were watching to see someone 'take their head off', it was a bad choice of weight division from the start. I think the heavyweight division is looking a bit sad at the moment, but that is only because I don't like the Klitschko style (I would bet you too are not a fan). They are still great boxers (who must be defined by looking at the rules and scoring of boxing as a whole).
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Watch rocky 2 ..that's what I saw..A fucking show to set up a rematch...Justin looked hard as fuck :lol:
rockin into the night
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

ya... mayweather is good because he's beaten his wife a few times.... gets a lotta practice moving and dodging things.

dude is nothing more than a douchebag and wifebeater.

MMA is WAY better bro.

mayweather is the only game in town for boxing.

thats why he's getting the $$.

who else is there? no one.

but when the fighters control who they fight, thats a recipe for disaster and abuse.

its RAMPANT in boxing.

another reason why MMA is better.

MMA has overtaken boxing.

way more exciting.

and its just getting started, wait another 5 or so years... the talent in the pipeline should be even better.

cant say the same for boxing.

besides MMA guys are way better than boxers.... randy coulture destroyed that boxer,lol . :)