Rugby

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Rugby

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Spec-fucking-tacula today. Really impressed, great atmosphere in the pub, even though i'm off the poison.

England for the 6 nations?

Defeating evil with a thing called love
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

i admit it i know very little about rugby, but iv just got setanta sports usa and was watching ireland vs wales the other night. i like the sport. alot of action and strategy seems to be involved. good stuff.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

cantona7 wrote:i admit it i know very little about rugby, but iv just got setanta sports usa and was watching ireland vs wales the other night. i like the sport. alot of action and strategy seems to be involved. good stuff.
England played Wales today, ended up coming out 30-17 winners. We had a rubbish Autumn international campaign, so this was a massive result for the English.

IMO, its the best game in the world. I love the action, the speed, the tech ability, its a blokes game played with a Gentlemens level of respect. If you want to get into it a bit, see if the Setanta is running any of the 6 nations, its on now, should be good.
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

Played Rugby all the time for my school years ago and loved it.
But good result for England, we trounced them.
MY AMSTERDAM MAP = www.amsterdamer.supanet.com
Valo

Post by Valo »

Not the biggest rugby fan by any means....but nice to see that Jonny still has it when it comes to kicking!

England v Ireland is the one i will be looking forward too.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Valo wrote:Not the biggest rugby fan by any means....but nice to see that Jonny still has it when it comes to kicking!

England v Ireland is the one i will be looking forward too.
Good call Valo!

I still play, i love the game. The people are usually a good laugh, its good exercise, and i honsetly have fun with it.

I encourage any Americans out there to give it go, or better yet let their kids play. Its a great game.
Twichaldinho

Just bumping shit ;-)

Post by Twichaldinho »

It appears Scotland suck at agg-shaped ball games as much as regularly shaped ball games. :cry:
Endure
Toker70

Re: Just bumping shit ;-)

Post by Toker70 »

Twichaldinho wrote:It appears Scotland suck at agg-shaped ball games as much as regularly shaped ball games. :cry:
LOL thats because when they see an egg shaped object they grab it,cover it in sausage meat,dip it in a egg,roll it in bread crumbs and deep fry it :lol: :wink:
Babylon 'wan tief mi 'erb. But mi bun it bfoe dey come.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Toker70 wrote:
Twichaldinho wrote:It appears Scotland suck at agg-shaped ball games as much as regularly shaped ball games. :cry:
LOL thats because when they see an egg shaped object they grab it,cover it in sausage meat,dip it in a egg,roll it in bread crumbs and deep fry it :lol: :wink:
:lol:
I've never had a Scotch egg, nice?
Endure
Toker70

Post by Toker70 »

Twichaldinho wrote:
Toker70 wrote:
:lol:
I've never had a Scotch egg, nice?
Yeah nae bad!
Babylon 'wan tief mi 'erb. But mi bun it bfoe dey come.
Dobern

Post by Dobern »

Rugby is a beast's game played by gentlemen, football is a gentleman's game played by beasts. Read that somewhere recently, can't remember where though.

Excellent result for England though, hope they can capitalise on it now.

Much prefer Union to League by the way.
Valo

Post by Valo »

Sir Niall of Essex-sire wrote:Good call Valo!

I still play, i love the game. The people are usually a good laugh, its good exercise, and i honsetly have fun with it.

I encourage any Americans out there to give it go, or better yet let their kids play. Its a great game.
I only really follow and watch the big international tournements (6 nations, World Cup). But having done my university work placement in Ireland, didn't have much choice but to get into it more...as it gave me something to join in with the lunch time conversations haha.
I never seen anything like it in the pubs in Dublin either when Ireland are on tv! Was a great experience.
That's why i'm looking forward to 27th Feb, as i still have friends over there i banter with.
Twichaldinho wrote:It appears Scotland suck at agg-shaped ball games as much as regularly shaped ball games
Unless you put a stick in their hands like Stephen Hendry :wink:
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
DeanPF

Re: Rugby

Post by DeanPF »

No speculation yet for the big one tonight yet I see. If Wales can win tonight, I reckon we can win the 6 nations with maybe a triple crown as I dont think we got a strong enough squad to get another Grand Slam. Win or lose I just want to see that Dylan Hartley get his head shoved up his fuckin' arse to be honest, I can see it kicking off in the first scrum as Gatland been shit talking about him and has wound him right up to which I think Matthew Rhys will take advantage of and welcome him properly to Wales. Without a doubt France is still the team to beat and I'm thanking god that we have them (as well as the Irish) at home. What does everyone else think?
Safe as Fuck
DeanPF
Arsonist

Re:

Post by Arsonist »

Sir Niall of Essex-sire wrote:I encourage any Americans out there to give it go, or better yet let their kids play. Its a great game.
Rugby is a collegiate sport in the U.S., didn't get too much attention...until MSNBC began to broadcast the Super Sevens World Tour. Many don't understand the game, such as why a player cannot pursue the ball once the opponent is down or why he can kick and go fetch his own kick. The only rule that seems logical to most new rugby spectators is the NO FORWARD LATERAL PASS as they associate it with (american) football. I must say, the gents who play on the super sevens are fuckin' fit (no homo).
pengaldinho

Re: Rugby

Post by pengaldinho »

http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;