Stoner-Golfer Survey

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

You're here so it's a safe bet you're a Stoner, but .... are you a GOLFER?

(Please share why to any response you wish)No, I've never played and will never care to play.
17%
No, I've never played, but might like to.
No votes
Yes, I play. I can take it or leave it.
No votes
Yes, I play. I play as often as possible.
83%

Total votes: 6

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Stoner-Golfer Survey

Post by ed the head »

I must confess, I am a Stoner Golfer. Cannabis greatly enhances my enjoyment of the game and my partners, my play, and the beautiful surroundings. I'm curious to see who else on our Forum are 'golfers'.

I came to love golf last year at 56 years old. Prior to that, my consistent golf skills were essentially limited to putting. As a result, any golf rounds I played were pretty torturous for me and probably more so for those playing behind me.

I finally took a lesson, an easier task with the kids grown and out. The Pro (Anthony) recorded my swing and after reviewing it we determined I had a good grip, but everything else was wrong. My frame shifted dramatically, I employed no hip rotation or wrist cock, and kept my weight on my back leg on follow through.

I recall asking Anthony when to un-cock my wrists, and he said 'you don't'. This perplexed me, and consistent success eluded me in spite on my consistent >100+ practice swings daily.

Most practice days are in my yard in front of a net, but on a day to the range I mentioned this dilemma to the owner, Tom. He retold what an old acquaintance had coached him 'Just follow through, and the hands will follow.'

That little piece of advice seems to have been my missing link because now, finally, my swing is 'feeling' right and producing improved scores.

13.5 months and about 40,500 practice swings. I'm sure it would have helped had I had lessons earlier in life.

Anyway, would love to better understand the golf-bug population among our cannabis-bug community. These worlds very happily co-exist in my world :mrgreen:

He who tries to shine dims his own light
KeyMonCha

Re: Stoner-Golfer Survey

Post by KeyMonCha »

Well, i'm no "golfer", but i do like to play the odd game when i can...
Started when i was about 13, when me and a friend would sneak onto the local course in summer, usually around sunset with an old 3 wood, a 7 iron and a putter we'd bought from a second hand shop... We'd usually go for walks in the afternoon and trawl through the bushes and puddles looking for errant golf balls and collect as many as possible for the evening... Used to end up with hundreds and then manage to lose them all again within a few hours... Part of the fun was trying to track them down again as the sun went down... 9 holes used to take around 3 hours... Until weed came along. :mrgreen:

Don't play that much anymore, at least since i sold my car, but we do try and get out a couple times a year... We're quite lucky to have a municipal course quite close with 9 holes and a pretty decent layout... Only costs around £5 to play, and on a weekday it's pretty much empty, so you can blaze up and take as much time as you want to go round... Personally, there's no better place to spend an evening with some good mates, chatting and smoking, and slicing into the woods... Especially when you get one of those golden sunlight summer evenings... Some nights we don't even finish the game; it just get's a little too dark, so we end up sitting on one of the greens and just hanging out... Maybe have a putting challenge... Can't beat it! 8)

Maybe lessons would be a good idea one day.... I still have a 50% chance of never seeing a ball again when i tee off. :oops:
gromit

Post by gromit »

bucket list is to golf a round with k.k.downning on his course in merry old england,...then get drunk at his bar in the clubhouse and jam some priest,... 8)
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Play min. twice a week (avg) , member of two clubs , low teens handicap , playing shit at the moment , should have an ACD golf outing sometime !!!
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
macky

Post by macky »

I,m long time member of country club,play around once a week with misses now that works nuts. My handicap is single digits when I get time to work on short game. I think I smoke three joints on average a round . My buddy,s have golf league ,you got to see it to believe :mrgreen:
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

choppermike wrote: Thu 13th Jul 2017 05:06 pm Play min. twice a week (avg) , member of two clubs , low teens handicap , playing shit at the moment , should have an ACD golf outing sometime !!!
I like the sound of that!
We could play a round at the next 420 perhaps, maybe even make it an annual event.
I don't think we'll have much problem finding plenty of water hazards. Ker-plunk.
My handicap is 24.5 but I am trying to get it to 18.
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

macky wrote: Thu 13th Jul 2017 06:10 pm I,m long time member of country club,play around once a week with misses now that works nuts. My handicap is single digits when I get time to work on short game. I think I smoke three joints on average a round . My buddy,s have golf league ,you got to see it to believe :mrgreen:
Is that then potentially 3 AND 4 at a future ACD 420 W&B Golf tournament?

:mrgreen: