What are your favourite strains to vape?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Kenshiro

What are your favourite strains to vape?

Post by Kenshiro »

Since fucking combustion at the start of the year I've been on a quest to find the best strain profiles/flavours that transfer well when vaped.

Some strain profiles dont transfer as well as others (Kush for example have discussed this briefly with OHMF before) I find Kush strains on the OG side are generally better/sweeter but often find myself disappointed by a lot of hybrid strains that can all taste very similar or lose flavour quickly turning to a distinct musk when vaped.

Hazes are usually good at providing a strong and lasting flavour profile through the vape.(depending on specific strain/genetics of course)

Would like to find some solid flavours from certain hybrid or indica strains when vaped.
Would like to hear everyone elses favourite strains/profiles for flavourful vape sessions!

RoMoney

Re: What are your favourite strains to vape?

Post by RoMoney »

I've been vaping since 2015 though I combust also.

I find anything citrusy (as opposed to earthy) vapes very well and I think this is why the Hazes are so good from a taste point of view. I'm a fan of cheeses but find these very bland to vape in comparison to hazes.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I totally agree with Romoney here too and I'd add that anything from the gassy / orange / grapefruit line does partcularly well.
I think my favourite vape strain overall is something from the G13 line as it tends to have all or most of the above.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 14th Dec 2017 01:32 pm my favourite vape strain overall is something from the G13 line.
Might have to pop in Barneys over Xmas and have them fire up the Volcano, never vaped G13! Anywhere else that also sells the G13 apart from Barneys?
smokini

Post by smokini »

Loads of places sell it. I find the one of The Stud to be one the best, and of the cheapest, too.
Also Het Ballonetje sells G13 Mr Nice which is pobably good, too. Just because most of the stuff of Het Ballonetje is great.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

smokini wrote: Thu 14th Dec 2017 02:34 pm Loads of places sell it. I find the one of The Stud to be one the best, and of the cheapest, too.
Also Het Ballonetje sells G13 Mr Nice which is pobably good, too. Just because most of the stuff of Het Ballonetje is great.
Sweet, Het Ballonetje is on my list to visit, any idea if they have a volcano?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Agreed on most of the points, with citrus, sweet and gassy strains prolly being our favs overall when vaping. That being said there is some black voodoo type shit going on when it comes to taste transfer and it goes for both vaping and combustion. Thinking back to our get-together in July / August there were many strains that performed poorly vaped but great when combusted, and vice-versa, with no discernable pattern as to what strains would perform well using either method. Intriguing…

The G13 Mr. Nice Het Ballonnetje had in April was fooking fuego (think the picky Ricky-bro had it as his favorite of the trip), so deffo recommend giving that a go if it is on the menu there. While you are there take a sniff at a few other strains, they usually have a good number of very nice things on the menu!

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 14th Dec 2017 01:32 pm I totally agree with Romoney here too and I'd add that anything from the gassy / orange / grapefruit line does partcularly well.
I think my favourite vape strain overall is something from the G13 line as it tends to have all or most of the above.
+1
Love a good Diesel in the vape (any cross with strong gas in it's lineage for that matter), and haven't seen a true Orange/Grapefruit profile strain in yonks!.
I've not had a really good example of G13 in the vape yet but will check out het Ballonetje during 420.

@RoMoney I've had some lovely feedback from
Cheese strains (though not all and some seem to get worse with a longer cure?) Best one tends to be Blue Cheese..but I've had a lovely RQS Royal Cheese before.

@CC as mentioned..some crazy voodoo stuff does go on! Nothing worse than someone telling you terps, terps, terps then it goes in the vape and tastes like a musky cupboard!
Even some Hazes are flat through the vape but as said luck of the draw I guess?

Thanks for the input all....keep providing any suggestions..the search continues
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Adding diesel strains to my list to try! Interesting what you saw about the cheese, I thought even the Blue Cheese which taste amazing combusted, was poor when vaped...but could be down to curing and quality of the product. I think the curing plays a big part in the quality of the taste and also whether it will taste better smoked or vaped and I think a lot of the vodoo is locked in the science of that, which I certainly don't fully understand.

It's exciting times for cannabis science, we may understand the vodoo some day :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Thougth this would be interesting to share. You can clearly see how much the temp would impact flavour potentially as you could be vaping different groups of terps at different temps. When you combine that with the different terp profiles of different strains......

https://www.zamnesia.com/content/284-va ... r-cannabis

Another part of the Vodoo magic at play :mrgreen:
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 18th Dec 2017 04:27 pm Thougth this would be interesting to share. You can clearly see how much the temp would impact flavour potentially as you could be vaping different groups of terps at different temps. When you combine that with the different terp profiles of different strains......

https://www.zamnesia.com/content/284-va ... r-cannabis

Another part of the Vodoo magic at play :mrgreen:
Nice one for the share very informative!

I've also found these strains good for flavorful vaping:

Stardawg
Jack Herer
Bio Skunk