Cali Weed

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
DjShaggy

Re: Cali Weed

Post by DjShaggy »

a friend of mine distributes in the south east, used to br strictly local grown but the amount of people asking for cali he was loosing trade.

sell them the cali and keep the uk for us to smoke :-) everyone wins!

ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 16th Jan 2018 01:03 pmDisgusting selfish capitalist behaviour from a community that's supposedly priding itself on being a counter-culture; those words are totally and laughably meaningless these days.
To be fair, they've been meaningless for some time. Smokers are like everyone else, and capitalism appeals to the basic greed of most people, which is why it's popular. And from the dozy consumer's point of view, finding the best of anything requires research and taste, while going for the high price tag is easy, and proves you can afford what others can't, even if they don't want it.

If we're naming and shaming, I had another look at El Guapo, a shop I've neglected and rarely even check out. They had several alleged Cali strains at €30+ prices, so I can continue to neglect without the guilt.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Tue 16th Jan 2018 07:54 pm To be fair, they've been meaningless for some time.
Indeed. Sad face.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Eye watering prices, could have a day in the dam Including flight for some of the prices I am hearing people paying for Henry’s :shock: , crazy.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Coffeeshop Baghera also have cheap US imported strains on the menu from 18€+

I think Mazar was 18€/g, Mature Cookies (25€/g), Sour Dream (25€/g) or better here is the menu :lol: :

and they also have 5g deals for nearly everything on the menu... also for the imported strains :thumbup:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Hmmm, interesting menu, might give the 🐅 a try come April... They'll still have to knock 5+ € of those Cali strains to even consider (except maybe the Mazar, it'll have to look f00king amazing though), but hash and other weed looks nice :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Smokey2017

Post by Smokey2017 »

Thanks Marok21, that looks really good value for money. I will definitely take a look when im in Amsterdam.
Papi

Post by Papi »

For that kind of price, probably outdoor?:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Papi wrote: Thu 18th Jan 2018 08:20 am For that kind of price, probably outdoor?:D
I'd hope and expect that all Californian import is outdoor. Otherwise what's the point exactly?
Supposedly the claim is that the teroir is exceptional - thereby making Cali 'the best'. Maybe that's true.
Anyone have any input/experience of that?

First time some kid shows me a £150 eighth that's been grown in a tent and tells me "it's cali" I shall remove his testicles with a rusty spoon.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 18th Jan 2018 04:06 pm First time some kid shows me a £150 eighth that's been grown in a tent and tells me "it's cali" I shall remove his testicles with a rusty spoon.
...and he should thank you for a lesson well deserved!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 17th Jan 2018 06:29 pm Hmmm, interesting menu, might give the 🐅 a try come April... They'll still have to knock 5+ € of those Cali strains to even consider (except maybe the Mazar, it'll have to look f00king amazing though), but hash and other weed looks nice :D
Yeah it´s definitively woth a visit :D Especially the hash is pretty nice and clean there. Many of their hashes have a "special" clean smell to it... smells very natural and a little different to the usual moroccan hash kinds you see pretty often in many shops. I spoke to a "older" black guy who is possibly involved in the supply there :lol: and he was a only hash smoker and was very proud of their hashes and the hash farm which produce it so nice in morocco. It sounds to me they really know where it comes from and that is a good sign :D
In term of potency the hashes there are pretty similar to other hashes but personaly it feels very clean and natural to me and that is very important for me.
I also had top weed from there but also one or two times it was a little wet but genarally pretty nice :thumbup:
kalima

Post by kalima »

Marok21 wrote: Thu 18th Jan 2018 08:29 pm
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 17th Jan 2018 06:29 pm Hmmm, interesting menu, might give the 🐅 a try come April... They'll still have to knock 5+ € of those Cali strains to even consider (except maybe the Mazar, it'll have to look f00king amazing though), but hash and other weed looks nice :D
Yeah it´s definitively woth a visit :D Especially the hash is pretty nice and clean there. Many of their hashes have a "special" clean smell to it... smells very natural and a little different to the usual moroccan hash kinds you see pretty often in many shops. I spoke to a "older" black guy who is possibly involved in the supply there :lol: and he was a only hash smoker and was very proud of their hashes and the hash farm which produce it so nice in morocco. It sounds to me they really know where it comes from and that is a good sign :D
In term of potency the hashes there are pretty similar to other hashes but personaly it feels very clean and natural to me and that is very important for me.
I also had top weed from there but also one or two times it was a little wet but genarally pretty nice :thumbup:
i had noticed this menu on one of menus site, and saw the prices for "cali" was a lot cheaper. off to Dam in a few months, and one of the people going wants to try some cali, if it is reasonable, and here looks like it's worth a visit , especially if their hash are also clean and good, cheers for the info Marok21
matty223

Post by matty223 »

DjShaggy wrote: Fri 12th Jan 2018 10:00 pm
FlyByNite wrote: Fri 12th Jan 2018 12:17 am Why would you go to Amsterdam looking for California weed?
If you want California weed, go to California, Colorado weed, go to Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Spain, Nimbin, all the same story, if you want their weed, go there not somewhere half way around the world.
Current laws make it difficult to move strains internationally.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
its all the rage with the younger crowd now, cali this cali that, some of them are paying £120 for a 3.5!

ive smoked a couple of bits myself, the paris og is very nice, that lemon tree organics isnt bad either but forget paying those prices!

seems to be averaging in the dam at €40 per gram. i hear it comes from england, so not only is it the bits california doesnt want but its also the bits we havent taken!
Paris og is 260 an oz here in New York
GorillaGlue

Post by GorillaGlue »

This is certainly interesting... no way i am paying €30-60 euro a gram for ANYTHING. But, if its around 20€ i may just try.

I have smoke plenty "cali" weed, as i live in the states and have went there a few times, and yes it is some
Of the best in the world. If the "cali" in amsterdam is just okay it probably rejects as suggested earlier.

Id like to see thc content. Growers in cali breaking over 30% on a fairly constant basis now.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

The absolute best weed I’ve ever had was Green Crack in Crested Butte, grown in CO. $10/gram.

I just had Cali weed last week. It was good, but nothing to write home about. I would not pay 20 Euros. I would pay 20 Euros for that Green Crack out of Crested Butte.

The only way I would pay $50 for a gram would be if it came with guaranteed entertainment value, like 1 hour of belly laughing.