Instagram- ACD Users

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Cisco

Re: Instagram- ACD Users

Post by Cisco »

ZBeebs wrote:You know what would be awesome? If people ignored the filters. Applying an instagram filter does not make you a "photographer"... it makes you someone who takes high-resolution, 8 megapixel photos, makes them look like crappy 70's polaroids and calls it "art".

The social aspects are cool, the filters not so much.

Thanks mate :roll: way to insult someone

-
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

It's a tough crowd here these days...
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Instagram is a wee bit shit.... Unless, like me, you add only glassheads, and hot chicks.... Then yer feed is worth checking every day.
Endure
obligon

Post by obligon »

Cisco wrote:
ZBeebs wrote:You know what would be awesome? If people ignored the filters. Applying an instagram filter does not make you a "photographer"... it makes you someone who takes high-resolution, 8 megapixel photos, makes them look like crappy 70's polaroids and calls it "art".

The social aspects are cool, the filters not so much.

Thanks mate :roll: way to insult someone
Straight talking kinda guy hey. like it... :wink:
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

:mrgreen:
Twichaldinho wrote:Instagram is a wee bit shit.... Unless, like me, you add only glassheads, and hot chicks.... Then yer feed is worth checking every day.

Lol it's as shit as you make it , that gos for anything in life :wink: didn't know you were on Twich ?

Instagram is a photograph sharing app , if you think it's a bit shit , or don't like the filters maybe it ain't for you ?
-
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Cisco, as you can tell I like the social and sharing aspects of Instagram, thanks for following me and commenting on my pics.

I don't like or use the filters though, and see it as a crutch to either fix bad photos, or to make them "arty". Something that is beautiful on it's own (like a sunset for example) isn't improved by filtering it through an app.

I have a family member who uses it for EVERY photo, no matter what. It's annoying. When there's a new baby in the family, I'd like to receive actual pictures, not pictures you've fucked around with...and when I ask for the unfiltered photos, I get told, "why? The ones I sent you are so much better!". NO THEY ARE NOT. Clicking a button on your smartphone does not turn your cellphone photo into art.

I realize not everyone is a "photo snob" and doesn't feel that they are suddenly artists and/or a "real" photographer because of an app on their phone, but sometimes little things like this set me off...sorry if I've upset anyone or you feel as if I've pissed in your wheaties... I don't mean anything by it.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Lol not at all mate I was just a bit taken a back at the rant at filters :lol: :lol:

I totally get what your saying and appreciate the explanation

Peace

Jus a wee tip too mate if your replying to anyone on your pics put @username and it informs the other person (it will come up in their news that you've replied) :wink:
-
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Iv also got this APP :roll: i find it cheesy and pictures it takes Sucks!! good for sharing picture on the spot...but my other APP for picture does better pictures!!a cool one is this Fast camera take 100s of pictures in seconds and good editing is this PS express to touch up the pictues :mrgreen:
Arsonist

Post by Arsonist »

so I'm three years late, but here is my username;

AriusLazarus

I will instantly follow any of you lovely ACD people in return.