Do you miss being able to buy alcohol in a Coffeeshop?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.

Do you miss being able to buy alcohol in a Coffeeshop?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 52

darkglobe

Re: Do you miss being able to buy alcohol in a Coffeeshop?

Post by darkglobe »

I miss sitting outside The Doors on a sunny afternoon with a spliff and a beer,,,and 420 in the evenings(i can only drink so ,many coffees and teas in aday!)... and i also miss The Other Place,who instead of choosing between slling dope or drink,shut up shop :cry:

"That cats something i can't explain"
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

DC wrote:Do you miss coffeeshop bars?.....no.
Do you miss smoking tobacco in joints?...no.
Do you miss the coffeeshops at the border?....no.
Do you miss the coffeeshops near schools?....no.
Do you miss getting into coffeeshops because of the weed pass?....no.
Do you miss the overall freedom that used to be Amsterdam?.....no.
Are you a selfish motherfucker?.....yes.

If you agree with the beginning, ya might wanna practice saying the rest. :wink:

Well done, sir ;-)
"Laif" with a long "a".
Charsee

Post by Charsee »

As Freewheelin' Franklin summed it up so rightfully "Smoking weed and drinking beer together is like pissing in the wind". Never came to my mind to drink alcohol in a coffeeshop
xXEXCALABERXx

Post by xXEXCALABERXx »

Charsee wrote:As Freewheelin' Franklin summed it up so rightfully "Smoking weed and drinking beer together is like pissing in the wind". Never came to my mind to drink alcohol in a coffeeshop
Yeah but in groups where theres smokers n non smokers its just a pain tho. Doesnt bother me dont drink when there.
boywonder

Post by boywonder »

not been to 'dam since smoking ban and coffeeshop/bar split. will be interesting to see how that goes on our trip next year. always liked having a choice especially when our groups were a mixture of folks. personally I will usually forgo alcohol when smoking anyway but there are occasions a nice cold beer hits the spot. in all walks of life there are dickheads, I'm a jolly drunk so never cause any bother and I can handle it. however I can drink at home, it's going to be more weed please for me. I think the smoking ban will be harder as we usually put baccy in our joints. oh well, pure spliff and bongs it is, you twisted my arm.
It has been too long, no 'Dam from January 2005 till March 2012. Coming soon.....
Chrisuperfly

Post by Chrisuperfly »

I don't drink when I smoke so nope don't miss it at all. Quite often I see people passing out and throwing up in CS's from drinking too much then smoking or eating a space cake. AS a matter of fact, three nights in a row in the same CS at the same table I saw someone do that.
Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Being a toker of more mature years I have learned to have a couple of beers and smoke weed with the two being beneficial to each other. Alas teens and general bevy mayhem merchants would definately not know when they have had too much of one or the other so ---although I answered the poll Yes I do miss a couple of beers, common sense tells me its probably for the best that the two remain separate.
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Free Ben

Post by Free Ben »

Was reading through my past posts and this popped out at me, almost a 50/50 response on the poll at the time but over the years the regular posters here have changed significantly, would be interesting to here some new opinions and also if time has changed anyone's views.

I myself find myself looking back now and fully agreeing with DC whereas at the time of posting originally I was more leaning towards the No camp!
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

No, I don't!!

My preferred model is co-located like Homegrown Fantasy and what is now, Cafe' Big Shots, different name back in the day, used to be! I'd be interested to know if Big Shots is still friendly. It's a very short trip from Utopia and not that far from Abraxas or Resin!

I like the "buy and fly" outdoors option with a beer and a joint in hand, but not a pre-roll! Let the pedestrian parade proceed!! There is so much to see in Mokum and a lot of it will pass before your eyes when you settle in at the right site, a.k.a., outside with a beer and some smoke!

The two (2) environments are different and should remain different, but allies and close together!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I don't generally drink when I don't go Amsterdam so it doesn't bother me. To answers the others :)

Do you miss coffeeshop bars?.....no.....plenty of Bars (e.g. Hill Street Blues) fill the void, you just gotta buy your weed elsewhere
Do you miss smoking tobacco in joints?...no, I stopped smoking tobacco in 2009
Do you miss the coffeeshops at the border?....Yes, I was in Maastricht in 2010, can't go back
Do you miss the coffeeshops near schools?....We lost Mellow Yellow to this!
Do you miss getting into coffeeshops because of the weed pass?....Yes, see my Maastricht comments above
Do you miss the overall freedom that used to be Amsterdam?.....Overall I don't feel things have changed in Amsterdam even though they have visibily changed in other cities
Are you a selfish motherfucker?.....On occasion :D
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Free Ben

Post by Free Ben »

RoMoney wrote: Thu 7th Dec 2017 08:51 am ....Are you a selfish motherfucker?.....On occasion :D
Aren't we all :mrgreen:
I don't think all coffeeshops should sell alcohol but I do miss the choice, coffeeshops/smoking friendly bars/coffeeshop cafes - they all appeal to me depending on what mood I'm in
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Troglodytes, the lot of ya! :evil:

The alcohol ban for coffeshops was what killed the Nes, 'nuf said about that one!

Re: Tobacco in coffeeshops, well the shops that can have two sections the way we see it. While we smoke our weed pure we are big fans of hash joints, in which you smoke the baccy...

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 14th Dec 2017 06:53 pm The alcohol ban for coffeshops was what killed the Nes, 'nuf said about that one!
+1 :x :x

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.