Do you miss being able to buy alcohol in a Coffeeshop?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.

Do you miss being able to buy alcohol in a Coffeeshop?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 52

xxxcronicxxx

Re: Do you miss being able to buy alcohol in a Coffeeshop?

Post by xxxcronicxxx »

DC wrote: Do you miss the overall freedom that used to be Amsterdam?.....
Yes

Cronic Pimp.
papashango

Post by papashango »

I would really like to put my bit in here....i totaly agree with DC !...when i first met the irish gent i mentioned that i had found his place through acd ,he poured out two beers , for me and my mrs and said "on the house'...This was a lovelly gift and pretty much a confirmation that this would be the place to chill!!....such a nice place (wether you are into booze or not) super tolerant (but don't ask him about home lol) plus a really decent fella and just the kind of real bloke you wanna meet...no disrespect to the american gang but your travelouges(for which i am so gratefull , really!!) and others reports of this place always miss on the fact THAT THIS IS A EUROPEAN CITY , NOT FUCKING AMERICA!...you tip because your poor bloody 'servers' get the equavilent of 2 QUID an hour , its almost impossible too fire someone once they are in full time employment in holland....im so sorry but i just don't think you will ever get it and in some ways i am glad you don't...please do not stop the excellent reports , especially luvtick who writes with such finesse and intrest that she could probabaly keep this site going herself. I love hearing about the new bits in town etc !....one last thing @ usbonglord...i am very impressed that you have seemed to start some kind of BHO cult...really that good , what the hell do you do to it man xxxxx
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

i eat clouds and i shit stars...its that good..and i love to share and watch peoples faces when they finally get spooned 8) ....homework is the best :mrgreen: ..thanks
rockin into the night
Boner

Post by Boner »

DC wrote:Do you miss coffeeshop bars?.....no.
Do you miss smoking tobacco in joints?...no.
Do you miss the coffeeshops at the border?....no.
Do you miss the coffeeshops near schools?....no.
Do you miss getting into coffeeshops because of the weed pass?....no.
Do you miss the overall freedom that used to be Amsterdam?.....no.
Are you a selfish motherfucker?.....yes.

If you agree with the beginning, ya might wanna practice saying the rest. :wink:
Quoted just so it's on page 2.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY

Post by CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY »

yes

i remeber the first time i found the rokerij near leidseplein, and i saw they had beer on tap! i was well chuffed and drank a couple, before the bud tender lady said..... you know this is non-alcoholic beer :evil:
Trips to the 'dam: 27
papashango

Post by papashango »

USB...you are a badman!..fairplay from the mild , mild west!
papashango

Post by papashango »

@ CHELSEA....man did you notice the taste?....loving your reports by the way!...very detailed and great reportage!.......de gral here i come!
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

My first trip to Amsterdam was just before the alcohol ban and I must say it was nice ordering a cold beer when in Hunters back then. (it was a decent CS then)
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Dont miss the bevvy one bit.... Glad they are seperated, bevvy is a poison.... In my opinion of course :wink:
Endure
treetop

Post by treetop »

Just out of interest why did this ban come into place? Surely the Euro smoking ban covers coffeeshops as well as bars so how is it ok to buy and smoke in coffeeshops but not bars? How difficult would it be to have 'smoking' bars and 'non smoking' bars? Just have a sign on the door as coffeeshops are required.

Was it the beginning of an effort to attempt to marginalise weed smoking in Amsterdam? Was this the beginning of the same agenda that has seen the proposed weed pass and same for the re classification of strong weed? The why is a lot more interesting than the what (for me).

It is a bit of a chore having to go to a coffeeshop to buy weed then find a drinking establishment that caters to marijuana smokers. I don't know any different myself having arrived on the Amsterdam scene after the ban so don't 'miss it' at all and don't drink anymore anyway. Probably would be a very different atmosphere in places like 420 if you could still drink.
How much did you produce?
tdw121270

Post by tdw121270 »

No for me as I do not drink anymore. And I never mixed the two anyway as it makes me very ill.
Next trip 1st August 2015. 2 weeks camping/putting my feet up.
ynwa

Post by ynwa »

Its always one or the other for me so i dont miss it. The 2 just dont mix for me.
Youll Never Walk Alone
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

DC wrote:Drinkers talk, where as...stoners talk, then smoke, then think about what they're gonna talk about.
DC wrote:It's NOT a good thing to have 500 grams of assorted weed, hash and ice under the bar.... for sale?. FFS, wise up. :roll:
Listen to this man, he speaks the truth.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Tranquilised

Post by Tranquilised »

DC wrote:Do you miss coffeeshop bars?.....no.
Do you miss smoking tobacco in joints?...no.
Do you miss the coffeeshops at the border?....no.
(Do you miss smoking shit stronger than 15% THC?....no.)
Do you miss the coffeeshops near schools?....no.
Do you miss getting into coffeeshops because of the weed pass?....no.
Do you miss the overall freedom that used to be Amsterdam?.....no.
Are you a selfish motherfucker?.....yes.

If you agree with the beginning, ya might wanna practice saying the rest. :wink:
Aye DC, the beginning of a slippery slope that seems to be getting more slippery by the day!

Nice to see you again in Nov, albeit briefly mate.
piedpiperofvice
Location: tree city usa midwest..visits to the dam...not nearly enough

Post by piedpiperofvice »

Yes,it is a shame...but as cannasir has said nes is a great substitute..and kind of spotlights how ridiculous it is as there are many smoke friendly bars. What is the real difference? One posited that it might have been to help marginal bars from going out of business..I do agree that alcohol probably led to more aggression at the cs which kind of sucks but I hate to see the meathead crowd dictate policy.