Pinball

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
od1nobody

Re: Pinball

Post by od1nobody »

Thanks, that's also something to consider. I'm not a bluesman myself but we're planning to check out some live music anyways. Jazzcafe Geveltje is also on the list.

~:Nonsense is better than no sense at all:~
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

treetop wrote:
od1nobody wrote:Bumpsie dayzee. Any updates on machines all around from recent visitors?
I can report that Soundgarden has 2 Pinball machines. Star Trek TNG and Whodunnit.

Only played the Star Trek one as the Whodunnit looked a little tired. The one I played was tired looking as well but worked pretty much perfectly. 5 balls for 50 cents. What a deal!

Nice outdoor smoking area on that place too!
5/50c is really good value for pinball addict. Whodunnit looks just like a pinball as I like 'em.
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

notsofasteddie wrote:Another not a coffeeshop, but a place for music both live and canned is Cafe' the Minds at 245 Spuistraat. It's a punk rock bar that opens late. There is a pinball machine there, Creature from the Black Lagoon.

the Minds
Damnit. That's the place that we need to go. Me and my friend had this particular pinball at our workplace years ago.

Funny enough The Minds has been on my must visit -list for at least couple of my last trips. I heard that they've got el cheapo beer there too + it's not Heineken.

Any idea if it happens to be smoker friendly too?
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

You're right the beer is not Heineken. It's Budels. I don't know if the place is smoker friendly, but Coffeeshop New Times is right across the street and Kadinsky is right around the corner as you head down Spuistraat going south.
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

Yeppers, I know where it is. We're staying along the Singel just couple of hundred metres away from there. This CotBL-info indeed was really valuable.
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

Harry Highpants wrote: I think I met the pinball wizard mentioned here before - his name is Roy Wils and he is the number one ranked Pinball player in The Netherlands! He is a Pinball mechanic and we had a pretty good chat about all things pinball over a few games. Nice bloke and its always good to get tips from a pro!
holy shit! I never noticed this before!!! Did you tell him that he depressed me and made me quit even trying for a while with his virtuosity? :P

Definately the same guy, since he told me about rankings and being a pro too.
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

treetop

Post by treetop »

Thanks for the info. Addam's Family is one of my fave machines ever. Tour of the Mansion one evening I think. :idea:
Road Show at Spirit is another classic IMHO.
How much did you produce?
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

What happened to the Creature from the Black Lagoon machine at the Minds?
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

Update.

Kadinsky Spirit Pacific

The Minds (bar) The Addam's Family was right next to the entrance, I didn't check out the whole bar though. I guess they've changed the Black Lagoon away.
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

od1nobody wrote:Update.

Kadinsky Spirit Pacific

The Minds (bar) The Addam's Family was right next to the entrance, I didn't check out the whole bar though. I guess they've changed the Black Lagoon away.
lol
we walked into the Minds probably about 3 or 4 years ago -- it was FILLED/PACKED with drunk 16 year olds! walked back out. : >
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

What's up with this scene? Planning to come over again and as always, some pinball would be nice.
treetop

Post by treetop »

od1nobody wrote:What's up with this scene? Planning to come over again and as always, some pinball would be nice.
Spirit has had a refit. Not sure if all the pinball is still there. That would be the place.
How much did you produce?
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Refit? What did they do?? In my world the place was perfect as is!
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

can Anyone confirm if there’s still loads of pinball machines at the spirit?