Pinball

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
od1nobody

Re: Pinball

Post by od1nobody »

In my opinion Pacific ain't that far away, + anyway there's Club Media & Katsu nearby and Mellow Yellow on the way.

~:Nonsense is better than no sense at all:~
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

od1nobody wrote:In my opinion Pacific ain't that far away, + anyway there's Club Media & Katsu nearby and Mellow Yellow on the way.

exactly!
Harry Highpants

Post by Harry Highpants »

Only 19 hours away from my first ever Amsterdam trip so this thread goes bumpity bump... :mrgreen:

This is the latest update on the pinball list. I'm staying out near Spirit, which ftcarer says doesn't open till 13:00. If you we're planning a coffeeshop crawl (possibly by bike), what would be on your list?

I've got my own (rough) plan, but I'd be interested to see your list! Something tells me I won't get past the second cs on my crawl... :oops:

Spirit (thanks Couch!)- 5/6 tables: Big Buck Hunter, Shrek, Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars Ep. 1, Attack from Mars

Mellow Yellow (thanks skars / redeyezman) - Corvette or possibly Star Wars

Bluebird (thanks skars / Treetop!) - Twilight Zone

Kadinsky near Magic Mushroom Gallery ( thanks Sir Niall of Essex-sire / worldcitizen1723/ notsofasteddie) - unknown machine.

Sound Garden (thanks worldcitizen1723) - Getaway. http://www.cafesoundgarden.nl/ not on the map, so here is some directions from worldcitizen1723... If ya go down rozengracht (flower power) to marnixstraat. Go to the right on marnixstraat towards free city. Has a nice backyard patio on the canal

Pacific (thanks od1nobody / dwiggins / Cisco) - Medieval Madness. May be frequented by a pinball wizard who will ruin your self esteem.

Pinball Magic (thanks stuart1976) - not a coffeeshop, but def worth a mention. http://www.pinballmagic.nl/site.html

Doors Palace (thanks hardboiled) - Avatar, smoker friendly bar

Coffeeshop 36 ( thanks hardboiled) - unknown machine

Space Mountain (thanks Balou) - unknown machine

Crush (thanks Mark_d) - unknown machine

Sevilla (thanks worldcitizen1723 / Roo-Vee-Bo!) - Star Wars

City Hall (thanks Opus132) - unknown machine, great mango haze... next to the Greenhouse in the RLD.

Rick's (thanks hardboiled) - Batman on 2nd floor

If can figure out how to do it, I'll post up my easy to beat high scores!!!
Harry Highpants

So this is my rough map ( written down mainly so I have something to follow when the going gets tough... :shock: ). The ones in brackets don't have pinball, but are pretty close to where I'll be, so I figure I might as well drop through.

Ricks
Bluebird
Sevilla
Mellow Yellow
Pacific
Space Mountain (Club Media & Katsu)
Crush
Soundgarden (La Tertulia, Dutch Flowers & Tweede Kramer
Kadinsky (Grey Area & Amnesia)
Spirit
Home to pass out :mrgreen:

That's 17 coffeeshops, which will never happen. But hey, a boy can dream :D .

This is more of a hit list to keep me going. I may go to none, some, or all of these depending on how the mood takes me. Feel free to tell me which ones are must see, which ones to skip, and anything Ive missed. This is my first trip, so no doubt your knowledge will be better than mine!
treetop

Post by treetop »

Harry Highpants wrote:So this is my rough map ( written down mainly so I have something to follow when the going gets tough... :shock: ). The ones in brackets don't have pinball, but are pretty close to where I'll be, so I figure I might as well drop through.

Ricks
Bluebird
Sevilla
Mellow Yellow
Pacific
Space Mountain (Club Media & Katsu)
Crush
Soundgarden (La Tertulia, Dutch Flowers & Tweede Kramer
Kadinsky (Grey Area & Amnesia)
Spirit
Home to pass out :mrgreen:

That's 17 coffeeshops, which will never happen. But hey, a boy can dream :D .

This is more of a hit list to keep me going. I may go to none, some, or all of these depending on how the mood takes me. Feel free to tell me which ones are must see, which ones to skip, and anything Ive missed. This is my first trip, so no doubt your knowledge will be better than mine!
Hitting Spirit about opening time gives you maximum chance to have a clear run at all five machines before it gets too busy.
How much did you produce?
Harry Highpants

Cool - I figured I'd put it last just because of the late opening time. I'm staying about 2 minutes from Spirit, so I'd say I'll be visiting there quite bit!
matty223

Post by matty223 »

great are your staying in enjoy your trip

Peace Matty
Balou

Post by Balou »

FYI Soundgarden is not a coffeeshop but you can smoke outside on the terrace.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Harry Highpants

Cheers Balou. - worldcitizen had already told me that, but I reckon I'll have a few purchases by then and the canal view might win me a few points with the missus!
Harry Highpants

So My first pinball stop today was at Spirit - and am glad that it's a 2 minute walk from my place! 7 tables - played a lot of their 2 newest tables (Metallica & Ac/DC), if I can figure out how to post photos I'll put my high scores up to be beaten.

Had a couple of good runs with the missus and was feeling pretty good about myself (although, that could have been the Sour Diesel / Super Pollem / Nepal Creme - I think...), when I think I met the pinball wizard mentioned here before - his name is Roy Wils and he is the number one ranked Pinball player in The Netherlands! He is a Pinball mechanic and we had a pretty good chat about all things pinball over a few games. Nice bloke and its always good to get tips from a pro!

Also good to walk in to a place and see the tables being serviced!

Something tells me I'll be back here again tomorrow for the other tables I didn't get to play...
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

Was there still the Attack from Mars at Spirit? That machine is one of my all time favorites so I hope they haven't got rid of it.

Also if possible could you update the unknown machines to the list? I'll be there early sept. and I am very determined to destroy all the high (pun intended) scores. :twisted:
Balou

Post by Balou »

od1nobody wrote:Was there still the Attack from Mars at Spirit?
I know there is an AfM at the Buurvrouw just around the corner from Nes.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

Balou wrote:
od1nobody wrote:Was there still the Attack from Mars at Spirit?
I know there is an AfM at the Buurvrouw just around the corner from Nes.
Thanks for the tip. What kind of place is that? Bar/cafe/it's not a cs, I suppose...
Harry Highpants

Bad luck on the pinball front today...
Rick's cafe was closed upstairs so no Batman.
No more pinball at Bluebird (or I couldn't find it). But the Kandy Kush did send me to sleep... :D

No Attack From Mars at Spirit. I'll drop in again today/tomorrow and get the full list.
od1nobody

Post by od1nobody »

Harry Highpants wrote:No Attack From Mars at Spirit.
:cry:

I hope you'll update the whole list when your pinball-tour is finished.