Rosin milkshake

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
macky

Rosin milkshake

Post by macky »

Was sitting with all these squished buds thinking what to do with them all My plan is to repress them when I get bigger press. Was watching Hash Church.Bubbleman said they where good for cooking since the heat of the press activates the thc. Went on line seen vid. on canna milk. With help of wife tweaked the recipe. Took one oz bud ,pressed buds only once. Took 3 cups milk whisked in 3 table spoons sour cream. Added pressed bud,threw in Vanilla bean cut in half bring to boil then simmer half hour. Will strain, cool and add chocolate ice cream blend :D the milks bubbling now will up date in 4 or 5 hours :shock: ………Roll on 420

macky

Re: Rosin milkshake

Post by macky »

Ok! Ended up using 22 grams,simmered for 45 min. Think it reduced by a third not sure still in bowl. Looks like Olmand milk yellowey green with oily stuff floating around on top. Waiting hour or two since eating before I make shake.Going to start half cup canna milk to two cups ice cream :mrgreen: As you can tell it,s a lazy ,Hazey day in the country :) update hour or so after Shake :)
macky

Post by macky »

Tried milk tasted little bitter and very greeny surprised had no smell really :) Took table spoon coco powder three table spoons sugar mixed in cup with a little hot water. Then added syrupy mix to canna milk. Took half cup milk added cup and a half ice cream.blended ....drank. Felt it in first 15 min...hour now has turned into a very confortable buzz . I would suggest using your Rosin buds in edibles :mrgreen:
macky

Post by macky »

The morning after….slept for nine straight hours ,never happens. After writing report and stating it had been an hour I went down stairs and it had been two hours :lol: . I make lots of canna butter and I don,t really get high on baked goods with it more like a little buzz. I would say I caught best high on edibles ever. Was stoned when I went to bed 5 hours later. I know how stoned I was because I never smoked a joint all night and for me thats damn near impossible 8) Going to make chocolate pudding out of the milk I have left. Should be interesting super bowl :D ……... Roll on 420 :mrgreen:
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

Seems like u had a good time there, i usually dont get that high from edibles either, just that little calming buzz.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Sounds fun macky :mrgreen: im another that gets the all over buzz rather than the knockout go to sleep that Wifey gets from edibles , mentioned in chat about doing strain specific 1's , see if I can get different results :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Nice macky - sounds like a lot of fun :)
I've been re-pressing mine... grinding the chips then re-pressing the grinds wrapped really tight in 25 micron screen (as you would hash) gives a whole load more rosin! happy happy days :)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

@OHMF, you still getting any good hash to press these days, or you sticking to strictly flowers?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Just flowers at the moment mate - pressed out some low grade Bubble hash (120u) a while back - super tasty and a massive yield but those opportunities are too few and far between I'm afraid.

I wouldn't bother pressing out import hash personally, you're only gonna find out how many impurities there are in it.

For example I did press out a bit of the AM block x Kush ICE (the latter bought in Katsu I think) back in December - not so good. Straight plastic taste - and I KNOW it wasn't the AM block that tasted that way as I remember trying the rosin from your stash of the same gear.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Hmmm interesting. Were those two hashes the only two you've pressed personally? As I said I think this Candy Kush "Maroc" from 1e is basically some low grade bubble, and blows even the AM bloc out of the water as far as taste, and smell; probably even potency although that's closer to being a wash. One thing's for sure though,- yield is at a lot better than anything else I've pressed too, I've pressed nearly half this town's hash menu haha; beautiful light color as well.

Once or twice I have gotten a bad batch of various hashes around the 'Dam, maybe on some smaller pressings, and swore I might've tasted a hint of something plasticky, but I'm hoping that's not the screens. Are you using mesh or the nylon, (were you)?

I have not pressed flower at least a good month I would say, need to dip my feet back in, I'm just so frustrated with the shit yields ya know? well what pointers can you give me that you've arrived at thus far for flower pressings?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I've pressed out a little bit of King Hassan import that I had and some wack that a mate had in his pocket - same result as every other import. Black oily totally unstable substance with a taste of either super minty menthol (that could be a facet of the terpenes profile) and a pronounced note of plastic or something just indescribably false.

I think the dark colour of Rosin pressed from import tells the real story though. From the results of the bubble (from a known source) I've pressed out. The results were like flower Rosin but stronger. Almost clear amber glass - totally stable like shatter. I'm using 25u Stainless Steel mesh and pressing at 105 - 115°c so am not worried about residual taste from the materials.

THC and the other molecules we're trying to extract are largely clear and colourless. So if your oil is dark and opaque - that's contaminant for sure. Now it could be plant-matter perhaps, after all those traditional farmers love to beat their girls in farm buildings in hot countries so god knows how much floor dust and other stuff is getting into your average import, they're certainly not made in lab conditions so perhaps the contaminant isn't all nefarious but still.... I'm sticking to pressing material that I know the origin of. I like concentrated THC/CBD/etc a lot... Not so much concentrated henna and floor dust. Maybe worse.

I'm still not getting great yields from my flowers - 10 - 15% from the first press. Maybe another 5-10% more from the second press (but that's definitely a lower grade) but that's about right I reckon given the average cannabinoid content of bud these days. I could perhaps get more (from the first press) if I had a decent press with massive wide plates and a better pressure rating than I can achieve with hair irons.

I have noticed that the age of the material (along with heat used in the press) plays a large part in both final stability and yield.
Older material makes for more shatter like product that tastes less and yields less than the sappy, unstable but seriously tasty product that comes from fresh flowers where you'll also enjoy yields of 5-10% more than from cured nugs. In my experience though - rosin pressed from fresh flowers will 'butter' and turn to a wax like consistency unless kept airtight and in the fridge.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Pre pressing flower is the key to a good squish. The old hand pollen press is good. Load about half gram and pre press. Then your ready to crank out squishes. With enough pucks, and depending on quality of what's going in 1-2g an hour is about right.
Shells sink. Dreams float.