Wanted: Relaxing to Hang Out and Chill Coffeeshop.

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
LLMReb

Wanted: Relaxing to Hang Out and Chill Coffeeshop.

Post by LLMReb »

I'm visiting May 11-15. I do a lot of writing and appreciate a relaxing coffeeshop with easy-going music, great atmosphere, good crowd, decent lighting (b/c i write), and tables so i can write.

I'm polling the crowd, so please provide your honest opinion, put on your best cheerleading voice, and provide the feedback!

Example:

Greenhouse Namaste - great shop, great bud, no tables and poor lighting
Popeyes - great tables, great lighting, poor bud, nice crowd, but odd vibe

I would love to check out some new places from readers on ACD. Muchas Gracias!

Vapors

Re: Wanted: Relaxing to Hang Out and Chill Coffeeshop.

Post by Vapors »

Amnesia, good Bud, good tables, good food and drinks, good lighting , on a canal -can get crowded :wink:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

The smoking room at Boerejongens Centre would probably serve you quite well. It's a tobacco free room, which may also grab your fancy as a fellow American. That last point, on top of its somewhat inconspicuous nature means that it is often quite empty/quiet, on top of that the interior is very classy looking giving it a proper sort of VIP lounge feel. Was there with OHMF this past week, and we had an excellent one on one sesh to ourselves in the room, good times!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

+1 for the smoking room at Boerejongens. A very unique experience in the Dam, it feels a lot like frequenting a gentlemans club. Excellent times :)
MinnBobber

Post by MinnBobber »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:The smoking room at Boerejongens Centre would probably serve you quite well. It's a tobacco free room, which may also grab your fancy as a fellow American. That last point, on top of its somewhat inconspicuous nature means that it is often quite empty/quiet, on top of that the interior is very classy looking giving it a proper sort of VIP lounge feel. Was there with OHMF this past week, and we had an excellent one on one sesh to ourselves in the room, good times!
Is Boerejongens Centre an antique pharmacy building/interior or am I'm confusing it with another ? Have not been there yet but coming in May.
Also, does it have same menu as Boerejongens West BUT with higher pricing?? i might have heard that....
Does B Centre have decent drinks/snacks like any fresh squeezed juices etc??
Dank U Wel

And most important---any vaporizers or bring your own?
matty223

Post by matty223 »

i recommend La Tertulia
MinnBobber

Post by MinnBobber »

Like matty223, I find La Tertulia to be great. Great location on Prinsengracht with lots of windows and patio in front, overlooking canal.
I had great Amnesia Haze there in 2014 . Upstairs and downstairs areas so plenty of room. Upstairs chairs/tables seem like out of a 1950 US cafe but several tables.
?? food -we didn't have any there
I loved their Verdamper too and if you want to add a little adventure to your vaping experience: try bringing the the big Verdamper down their 80 degree staircase from upper level to main level..... I was super ripped and didn't want to be a "bad customer" so brought it back down to turn it back in.
Lucky it didn't end up in Verdamper heaven in a million pieces :)

local vibe there and I'll definitely be back there this next trip
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

MinnBobber wrote:
DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:Is Boerejongens Centre an antique pharmacy building/interior or am I'm confusing it with another ? Have not been there yet but coming in May.
Also, does it have same menu as Boerejongens West BUT with higher pricing?? i might have heard that....
Does B Centre have decent drinks/snacks like any fresh squeezed juices etc??
Dank U Wel

And most important---any vaporizers or bring your own?
It looks like an antique pharmacy. But it's the old Stix, so it's just modern gimmickry, like the bow ties. I haven't been upstairs – my impression is that they only have bottled drinks, not coffee, which puts me off, but maybe I'm wrong. The prices for hash are the same as out west (at least so far); the weed can be tad pricier. Also, expect some changes in the exact menu as well as availability.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Personal favourites for the mature smoker, as I'm choosy about which shops are worth more than a B&F:

Katsu – large and mostly very good menu, newspapers, locals and some tourists of all ages.

Tweede Kamer – smallish shop, but central and worth smoking in if there's room, good choice of good smokables.

Utopia and De Graal – restricted hours due to the schools law, unfortunately, but excellent when open. Ingi in Utopia is the best budtender in the city, as you'll find out if you go there.

I don't think any of those shops have vaporisers, though. I've heard good stories about Café 137 in this respect; I think I once had a smoke here, and it's another good non-touristy place.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: I haven't been upstairs – my impression is that they only have bottled drinks, not coffee, which puts me off, but maybe I'm wrong.
Not 100% sure about filter coffee but they definitely serve hot drinks. I had a lovely cup of green tea with cranberry.
They also have the cleanest and most luxurious bathroom facilities of any Amsterdam coffeeshop! :mrgreen:
ShakeTheBud

Post by ShakeTheBud »

Apparently i think the most relaxing shops are not in the dam itself. Although cs ibiza as well as la tertulia are pretty damn good to hang out i think youll find what youre looking for just a 30 mins train ride away.

Go to zandvoort and bless your soul. A walk through the friendly town and along the beach will free your mind before you take place upstairs in coffeeshops yanks. Its pretty big and brighted by daylight but still you got certain spots in the interieur that create a decent privacy and an atmosphere that will let you write. If you walk upstairs go right and theres one hell of a comfy seating area placed a little higher than the rest of the room. If its sunny you have some couches to take a seat on outside as well.

The second shop in zandvoort called la paz would be even better in general but its pretty dark with only red lights, which means that if you dont use a laptop its only good for a worth-the-money hash purchase.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Many thanks to everyone for chiming in on this poorly worded subject heading that I wrote!
__parky

Post by __parky »

Paradox, Club Media
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

Decent lighting and tables.. makes me think of Mellow Yellow.
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
petrone

Post by petrone »

YOYO in the Pijp area- with it,s high ceilings, light and airy smoking area, low key light radio musical accompaniment, mature staff and clean outdoor grown grass which is not going to take your head off and the smoking area tends to be flooded with natural light. Any writer would enjoy the relaxed ambience there. GO!