Coffeeshops you can walk inside on Google Streetview

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Lemming
Site Admin

Coffeeshops you can walk inside on Google Streetview

Post by Lemming »

Willjay

Re: Coffeeshops you can walk inside on Google Streetview

Post by Willjay »

Very Cool :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Erm, Rick's is one of the oldest coffeeshops in town! Might I recommend a little website called the ACD. It's got a map with Rick's on it and everything :D

Unfortunately you can't walk into Rick's but I see you can into Susie's Saloon (ACD page) and Rock Planet (ACD page).

Also just found Dampkring 2 (ACD page).

Anyone got any more?
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Lemming wrote:Erm, Rick's is one of the oldest coffeeshops in town! Might I recommend a little website called the ACD.
There's an ACD website? :oops:
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Gee, this is addictive, isn't it?!?! :D

Here's my input:

Baba
Johnny
Best Friends
The Dolphins
Ibiza
Yo-Yo
Barney's Lounge
Rusland

...Way more than there was this time last year... Very enjoyable looking for them, but some don't always show up as the little orange dot on Google Maps... Have to just drop on them and cross yer fingers!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Nice one!

Yeah, this is all quite new. Looks like Google has visited lots of places and is rolling it out now.

See the dates on them:

YoYo - Dec 2016
Dolphins - Oct 2016
Best Friends - Dec 2016

Exciting stuff! In some cases you can read the licence number on the door so I can scratch another collecting itch too -Trainspotting - coffeeshop licence numbers
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Oh my, this is pretty cool.

Lol at how done up some of them look for the images.... although perhaps that's just what they actually look like with the lights on (and no smoke or untidy stoners present) :)
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@Lemming

When I sent you the pictures of coffeehops in Nijmegen last year I noticed this thing about T'Kunsje but personally didn't find it worth mentioning. So I take it – considering results below – this was offered to all shops. Some weren‘t able to do it for what ever reason(paranoia?), some refused on principle and some went for it(often the ones involved in Social Media anyway).
See, to me it takes away this magic of discovering something personally especially in those times of internet and other digital worlds( someone might say it triggers your appetite nonetheless but I'm not too sure about that one even though it's true to some degree, too. Wow, what an ambivalent world we're living in, aren't we? ).
Similar to kids looking up a live show of their favourite artist on YouTube or elsewhere again to take away all possible surprise ; at best for the reason of filming the most probably very similar show they bought tickets for then(Note: I don't expect an artist to perform an unique show every evening of a tour even though this would be wonderful ) and uploading it again, redundant to say the least. Or an good excuse to stay at home anyway to have more digital life for pathetic deadbeats too scared of having their own experience even(positive or negative doesn't matter at all, right?! :wink: )

Although at the minute I'm quite busy I took a look at a couple of coffeeshops off the top of my head via unsavoury Google( the original idea of this search engine is fine but they took it way too far ; for the record they're only part of the problem of our time though. Prefer Open Maps and other engines though ).
Also noticed some are not connected to this statistics of 'popular times'of Google Maps but also with the live service of it(noticed this with bars/pubs/clubs in the past too, scary. Age of control freaks! ).

This was a bit tricky to say the least and involved a bit of testing(no computer expert here at all)but in the end I had some success.
Since am again no machine breaker I looked up mostly stuff outside of Amsterdam so you all can kneel down and take a bow for me until the end of mankind. Yes, I'm quite generous again. Here we go. By the way some shops I didn't know I of course didn't look around inside but each to their own again.
(including some bonus gibberish as it reminded me of some stories and that's indeed the best part of it as long as you - in my humble opinion - have some personal experience. Inspiration is something different, too. Checked all shops of each town mentioned. Disclaimer: all information is subject to change!)

Tilburg

It all began with my weekly digital protest march via Google Street View against the dreadful Wietpas respectively I-Criterion in Tilburg. Which includes having a couple of bongs beforehand and getting really sentimental and wallowing in self-pity while marching down the digital straats of Tilburg(town I mostly miss beside beloved Maastricht ; hard to decide) and screaming things like 'Stop the Wietpas' and stuff at my monitor. Call me superstitious or a nutter but this is my idea of protest in our digital age( so much for I can't fall into line!)until some God or what ever authority answers my protest. Time will tell. Route of protest usually starts at Grass Company along all other shops in town(know them all as all shown here).

Anyways, I was surprised to find Africa on that list. Used to visit this moroccan place before the Wietpas every now and then while enjoying their best hash(about 10€/g if memory serves me right).
Last time my mate who came with me for the first time was quite impressed with their somewhat modern interior(knew this place before the renovation and at the end of the last decade they changed this); even called it 'noble' :lol: which probably was due to the fact that outside of Amsterdam a lot of coffeeshops are quite outdated. Totally forgot about their small terrace as never sat there yet, nice one!

Ochtendgloren
(No surprise at all! Belonging to corporate The Grass Company chain with its four coffeeshops located in Tilburg and Den Bosch. Only know them in Tilburg and would prefer them to say Greenhouse or Barneys any time. Still there is again the other side of things regarding coffeeshops and in this particular case their very seedy owner currently imprisoned in Thailand. Please read between the lines here: http://en.justiceforjohan.nl/en/ )

Grass Company

De Muze,Shit I miss that place, too!

Maximillian

Now that one blew me away seeing their interior now and especially their outside area. Last time I've been there about ten years ago I swear you entered this uninteresting very fucked up grey place and in the back of this small room there was a bar where I just sat down for a tea and spliff due to a very standard menu directed at locals. Don't even remember tables as this was just a take-away place more or less. Sort of three bar stools available, no tables.
Very friendly old hippy lady I remember gave me her lighter as I lost mine :D .

Very, very strange by the way on this one as you have to enter here via Google Street View no other hint it seems. Also noticed this one is linked to two other coffeeshops in Haarlem with the same name. I wonder when those guys from Haarlem took over this one here as it was always 'Maximilian'. Can anyone shed some light on this? Cheers in advance!

Note: Great Toermalijn isn't on the list yet which again has style! Also Casa(and of course the others)isn't on ; also visited every now and then and one of the most rundown places of all time but they had a couch and moroccan guys were friendly - bet it's still the same as some things luckywise seem to change slowly if at all, nice one :lol: !

Arnhem

Upstairs

Nijmegen

De Wreden

Eindhoven

I expected this somehow from Sindbad

Groningen

Metamorphose

Some faces of cu-stoners are not blurred while the staff is blurred? I take it they asked cu-stoners beforehand?!

Leeuwarden

Also not surprised, Repelsteeltje

Den Bosch(never visited yet)

Pistache(The Grass Company)

The Grass Company(Twins)

Haarlem

Willie Wortels Sativa(never visited myself)

Willie Wortel‘s Sinsemilla(never visited myself)

The Snoop(never visited myself)

Also checked Zwolle, Tiel, Hoogezand, Culemborg, Maastricht, Venlo and Sittard. Nothing yet.

Just my two cents. Other shops are up to other members then. Enjoy and take care :) !
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Wonderful stuff!

This is becoming a very impressive list.

Anyone got any more?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Looks like Rookies are in on the gig too...
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Other Amsterdam coffeeshops to visit virtually

Abraxas

T'Keteltje

In Zandvoort, we have this Coffeeshop which Google has already renamed Key West. Interestingly, it appears that Yanks passed on the opportunity.

Not a Coffeeshop, but I place I make it to now and again!

McCarthy's
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Wow! There's loads! Thanks everyone.

I've really enjoyed going into these shops that I haven't visited for years (or in some cases have never visited) and all without leaving my desk in the penthouse suite here at the top of ACD Towers.

Any more?
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Lemming wrote:Wow! There's loads! Thanks everyone.

Any more?
420Cafe de Kuil

Six shops are ‘temporarily’ allowed to stay open because the school they are ‘too close to’ — the Amsterdamsche School at Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal — is going to move elsewhere.

If no other school will settle in the monumental buidling, Resin, Mediterrané, Utopia, De Kroon 2, De Kuil and El Guapo can remain in business.

Prix d'Ami

Boerenjongens Centre

Boerenjongens West

Coffeeshop Bij
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Excellent! Any more anyone?
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Aye, i think i can spare a few minutes trawling the streets of Amsterdam again... Absolutely delighted there are so many available on Street View, some of which i have never been inside of... Might even inspire me to check them out despite reviews of their products... I do so love a good ambience... Shame you can't hear their musical preference, but you can't have everything....

...Anyway, here's a couple more:

The Stud
Best Friends Oost
Greenplace
Hunters (Formerly Sevilla)
La Grotte (Now a Smoker Friendly Bar, That Seems Strangely Ash-Tray Free?)

...Think we may be running out of these about now, but as Lem says, most of these seem relatively new, so there may be a good chance we'll be seeing a few more in the coming months... Nothing wrong with the odd ACD'er popping into the slackers premises and dropping the idea in the BT's head either! :wink: