SmokeBoat

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
la2019

Re: SmokeBoat

Post by la2019 »

So we just took a private tour on this boat - just me my mate the 2 super cool crew, a bucket of beer, and wine. The first thing they asked was if we cares to listen to our own music. They plugged in my phone and it was Mark Farina Mushroom Jazz 6 as we slid through the canals, a beer in one and a joint in the other.
Let me tell you, it was one of the coolest things I've ever done in Amsterdam. The sun basically set as we were out there.
Whether you do a private tour or not, I can't recommend this one enough! Total blast.

la2019

Post by la2019 »

Oh, and since I was using my phone to play music on their system, of course I forgot it. But they were super chill about the whole thing and I met them the next day to grab it. Great guys!
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

la2019 wrote: Mon 27th Mar 2017 04:31 pm Oh, and since I was using my phone to play music on their system, of course I forgot it. But they were super chill about the whole thing and I met them the next day to grab it. Great guys!
Thanks for this, now I am looking forward to my May 12 boat trip all the more.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Spent a few minutes talking to the smokeboat guys, they seemed fun, and was supposed to join them yesterday for a tour @130pm. I was way late and they were gone.

Was high on my list of things to do, sad I missed it! Will just have to hop across the ocean this summer to give them a go.

I had done the boom chicago smoke tours in the past, this is a much larger, covered boat, with tables and whatnot.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thanks for the feedback on the boat guys, it sounds just about perfect for the 420 trip... Amsterdam canals beware come 420, it be getting smokey smokey me merry pot pirates! :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 07:26 am Thanks for the feedback on the boat guys, it sounds just about perfect for the 420 trip... Amsterdam canals beware come 420, it be getting smokey smokey me merry pot pirates! :D
Did you read the post about boat music?

You can plug in a source.

Bring ur tunes people.

:mrgreen:
CopenhagenCouple

Yup, and would call it an additional bonus if not for the discussion on what to play that will inevitably follow...! :D

We've actually been thinking about insisting on a 50/50 split between classic rock and maybe the best of speedcore or something like that. Not that we like speedcore (who does anyway?), but it would be fun to see Macky's reaction since he has suggested the rock and apparently has a bad case of the EDMophobia, but that is just our sick Danish humor rearing its ugly head... :D
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 04:08 pm Yup, and would call it an additional bonus if not for the discussion on what to play that will inevitably follow...! :D

We've actually been thinking about insisting on a 50/50 split between classic rock and maybe the best of speedcore or something like that. Not that we like speedcore (who does anyway?), but it would be fun to see Macky's reaction since he has suggested the rock and apparently has a bad case of the EDMophobia, but that is just our sick Danish humor rearing its ugly head... :D
Not sure I like this 'getting old' feeling. Speedcore? :wtf: I am still trying to catch up to 'House' music
CopenhagenCouple

Picked the genre a bit at random from hazy memory, but if it is right speedcore is a sub-genre of EDM with BPM's in the crazy range, think above 300 or something. Funny thing is that the beatsand harmonies from the insanly pased melody starts making new tunes, crazy but mostly (to us at least) hectic noise...

Yeah, that was a bit of a tangent, guessvwe get geeky about strange stuff and tangent should be our middle name, so what can you do?
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

ed the head wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 05:07 pm
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 04:08 pm Yup, and would call it an additional bonus if not for the discussion on what to play that will inevitably follow...! :D

Not sure I like this 'getting old' feeling. Speedcore? :wtf: I am still trying to catch up to 'House' music
You need to be taking different drugs Ed, then you might "get it". :shock: :mrgreen:
What a long strange trip it is.
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

spidergawd wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 10:43 pm
ed the head wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 05:07 pm

You need to be taking different drugs Ed, then you might "get it". :shock: :mrgreen:

That's one option.
Or, I could Google it
Or, I could wait till I get to Amsterdam
Or, :?:

Speedcore is a form of hardcore that is characterized by a high tempo and aggressive themes. ...
Last edited by ed the head on Thu 30th Mar 2017 09:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Speedcore - bwahahaaa. I cannot listen to that stuff either. I'm obviously getting old. But my wife would likely enjoy it.

Start w some Discovery, Ra Ra Riot, and of Montreal to get things going, then transition to The Postal Service, and ease into The Album Leaf, Explosions in the Sky, Dead when everyone is good and super high.

That's a great evening of old, but good tunes (for me).
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Blink and you'll miss it!! :D

*edit- Video's returned to KMC's private stash-
Last edited by KeyMonCha on Wed 3rd May 2017 05:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Great video. Were you guys listening to soft rock? Was that song on the 2nd video, "Now that We've Found Love" by Third World (I had to look that up).

That song was the funniest part after knowing you guys had an entire discussion of music to play. I was expecting, well, not soft rock. Bwahahahahaaa. :lol:

Looks like you had a blast. I enjoyed watching the stoners gingerly get on the boat. I figure I'd have fallen. LOL!
ed the head

Post by ed the head »

Thanks for posting!
hard to get a look at faces, but that's understandable :mrgreen: