Best coffee shops for vaping?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Fenderfred

Best coffee shops for vaping?

Post by Fenderfred »

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are going to Amsterdam for 4 nights at the beginning of April. We are both first timers and want to Vape.

Can anyone please advise on which cafes have plentiful vape machines and which strains we should try for happy/uplifting experience?

Thanks in advance 👍🤘

OneHighMofo

Re: Best coffee shops for vaping?

Post by OneHighMofo »

Paradox have a bunch of Volcano's for use.
Some shops that have Volcanos or Verdampers for use would be:

137 (verdamper)
Katsu (verdamper)
Voyagers (volcano)
Barneys (volcano)
Bluebird (volcano)
Amnesia (Volcano)
Baba (Verdampers)
Siberie (Volcano)

The Volcano's will probably give you the maximum bang for your buck in terms of getting the most out of your herb.

Strain advice is difficult for first timers. Everyone has different ideas about tolerance or which strains do this/that/the other/the opposite.

Good advice would be to start very slowly.
A definite way to do this would be to buy some nice outdoor grown weed. Coffeeshop Yo Yo, Tertulia and Mr K and Co have a great selection. You'll find the high a lot mellower (and the product a lot cheaper) than the more intense 'indoor' hydroponically grown stuff.

Work your way up to that - and personally for that first time I'd go with something like a Blueberry (Cafe 420's is a good smoke for newbies). It will be tasty, more potent than the outdoor but not rocket-fuel. Although it may feel like that at first :lol:

After that? I'd move up to a strain like Laughing Buddha from Amnesia or Barney's.
Beyond that? You're a pro now - knock yourself out (perhaps literally) with a heavy hitting bag of kush - the Notorious OG from Voyagers is great. Or get seriously high with their Lemon bubble.

Above all: Go slow - you'll be fine.
Put around a .2 of a gram into the volcano or verdamper, get a member of staff or fellow patron to help you out with the technicalities which i'm 100% confident they'll be more than happy to do. Take a single decent hit and wait 10-20 minutes (don't worry - what's left in the Volcano bag or Verdamper bowl will keep) see how you feel. Don't be tempted to go full tilt. Less is more to start with.

If you feel good 20 minutes in - another hit of the same size should be enough to reach level two.
If you feel overwhelmed at any point, stop injesting. Have a sugary drink and perhaps some fresh air. Oh - and don't mix it with any other drug - especially Alcohol.

Have fun! Let us know how you get on and feel free to ask as many questions as you like; they're a friendly bunch the ACD :D Especially with first-timers.
Fenderfred

Post by Fenderfred »

Cheers and thank you so much for the in depth reply. It can be a bit daunting being a newbie and with so many different strains / strengths and methods of ingestion.

I've got to say, my wife and I cannot wait to experience Amsterdam and all of its delights.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated 👍

Cheers again.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Anything specific you want to know? Ask away. happy to help.
Fenderfred

Post by Fenderfred »

What would you recommend about edibles?

Cheers.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I don't usually buy them in Amsterdam but forum wisdom suggests they're not particularly strong. Coffeeshop Paradox are often quoted as having the best (strongest).

Even more of a minefield than inhalation in terms of variety of effects. It IS a much longer experience though, often taking 1-3 hours to reach a peak and lasting 2-3 before plateau. 5-6+ hours for effects to relax totally dependent on your tolerance.

My advice? Decide whether you like the effects of cannabis via inhalation before embarking on such a journey. Although eating it is a healthier ingestion method - it can sometimes be far too strong an experience for the uninitiated.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

My wife travels w me, too. She mosly goes for the mint teas and juices while I partake. About once a day she takes a good hit, and we ensure it is liggt, like a good outdoor from Yo-Yo or La Tertulia.

OHMF gave you extremely sound advice. Many good shops will have helpful Budtenders, too, such as Utopia, Paradox, and the helpful, Ph.D-thoroughness warning of the muffin at Siberie.

Oh, two other suggestions:

1. Do not be shy. The overwhelming majority here post to help and educate and share experiences/knowledge.

2. Do read past year trip reports. Several good posters provide great summaries and communicate well via writing.

Enjoy! You will have a great time.
Fenderfred

Post by Fenderfred »

Thanks both, very much appreciated.

In your experience, what would you say are the best coffee shops with friendly and helpful staff, especially for newbies?

I wouldn't have a clue what to do with volcano and what strains to ask for, for instance, and a helpful / friendly place with good staff and with plenty of vape machines would certainly make it an easier and more relaxing experience.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Take the strain/purchasing advice of OHMF then take your wares to Cannabis College for a nice selection of vapes and user-friendly advice on using them from the staff, oh and after the one-time 3 euro donation it's free for life, no need to buy drinks or weed!
Fenderfred

Post by Fenderfred »

Great tip thanks. Can you just clarify what OHMF stands for?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

OHMF.
Je suis One High Mofo :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 13th Feb 2017 10:09 am Take the strain/purchasing advice of OHMF then take your wares to Cannabis College for a nice selection of vapes and user-friendly advice on using them from the staff, oh and after the one-time 3 euro donation it's free for life, no need to buy drinks or weed!
Best idea yet! The lads and lasses at the Cannabis College are 100% the best people to ask for an introduction to the technicalities of vaping.
Fenderfred

Post by Fenderfred »

Great, really looking forward to it. My wife is already talking about going back later in the year and we haven't yet been for our first time yet 😂👍
Fenderfred

Post by Fenderfred »

Has anyone been to the greenhouse kitchen restaurant? It sounds pretty good as it has organic / vegan food and I beleive you can vape cannabis and other herbs as well.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fenderfred wrote: Mon 13th Feb 2017 10:45 am Has anyone been to the greenhouse kitchen restaurant? It sounds pretty good as it has organic / vegan food and I beleive you can vape cannabis and other herbs as well.
No! But I definitely shall - I didn't even know that was there. DLN is this new?
It looks kind of pricey - and very tasty indeed.